What's new

KILL CONFIRMATION: Pakistani security forces have killed key commander of banned terrorist outfit Ba

Yes Pakistan does have all of those people and the varying beliefs.
But what we do as a "nation" is what Islam has taught us. Because, we are a nation that was demanded, created, and should be nurtured to practice and promote Islam.
That includes how we treat those other religions and people.
But what we do as a whole, is what we are supposed to do as Muslims.
What we do as a whole is our shared values as a nation, as Pakistanis. Those values are informed by all the different beliefs & cultures that make up Pakistan.

Yes, we are a predominately Muslim nation, but we are not all Muslims, so please be respectful of those Pakistanis who are not Muslim - instead of saying we are Muslim, say we are Pakistanis. Saying we are Muslims leaves out non-Muslim Pakistanis and we should not make them feel like they are not part of the country.

Of course if you want to say something like, ‘I am a Muslim and I don’t agree with treating dead bodies in XYZ manner because of my Islamic values’ then that’s fine.

What we do as a whole is our shared values as a nation, as Pakistanis. Those values are informed by all the different beliefs & cultures that make up Pakistan.

Yes, we are a predominately Muslim nation, but we are not all Muslims, so please be respectful of those Pakistanis who are not Muslim - instead of saying we are Muslim, say we are Pakistanis. Saying we are Muslims leaves out non-Muslim Pakistanis and we should not make them feel like they are not part of the country.

Of course if you want to say something like, ‘I am a Muslim and I don’t agree with treating dead bodies in XYZ manner because of my Islamic values’ then that’s fine.
What a great post, really deserved a positive rating, keep 'em coming, bhai.

KILL CONFIRMATION: Pakistani security forces have killed key commander of banned terrorist outfit Balochistan Liberation Army (BLA) named Asad Yousaf including his three friends in an intelligence-based op (IBO) in Balghtar area of Balochistan's district Panjgur.
Happy to hear, need more of these.

Also these kills should be properly communicated to locals so they know what fate awaits for the terrorists.

Thank you for pointing out what is a obvious fact but so many people seem to have it wrong. These are facts -

• predominately Muslim nation, but we are not all Muslims
  • Saying we are Muslims leaves out non-Muslim Pakistanis
But I would add another one. When we say "we are Muslims" with referance to Pakistan you -

• leave out non Muslim Pakistani's like PAF celebrated fighter pilot Cecil Chaudry
  • but include Afghans, BLA members, TTP, Iranians, Somalis, Bangladeshis etc etc
How can this be right?

Declaring Shahada and believing in five pillars of Islam makes you a Muslim but you could be loyal to India, loyal to Afghanistan, loyal to Bangladesh, loyal to Iran and any other nation in the world including USA. And you could be working against interests of Pakistan.

On the other hand you could be Christian Pakistani like Fl. Lt. Cecil Chaudry and be loyal, fighting for Pakistan.

Thank you for pointing out what is a obvious fact but so many people seem to have it wrong. These are facts -

• predominately Muslim nation, but we are not all Muslims
  • Saying we are Muslims leaves out non-Muslim Pakistanis
But I would add another one. When we say "we are Muslims" with referance to Pakistan you -

• leave out non Muslim Pakistani's like PAF celebrated fighter pilot Cecil Chaudry
  • but include Afghans, BLA members, TTP, Iranians, Somalis, Bangladeshis etc etc
How can this be right?

Declaring Shahada and believing in five pillars of Islam makes you a Muslim but you could be loyal to India, loyal to Afghanistan, loyal to Bangladesh, loyal to Iran and any other nation in the world including USA. And you could be working against interests of Pakistan.

On the other hand you could be Christian Pakistani like Fl. Lt. Cecil Chaudry and be loyal, fighting for Pakistan.
This thread is not relevant to this post but I think this post of mine is relevant to your post. IMO, Pakistan should be a Muslim country, not an Islamic one.

Islamic vs Muslim country:-

"An Islamic country, or "Islamic Republic", is a nation whereby civil and common laws are based strictly on the Islamic Sharia code, and imposed forcibly on its citizens. All matters relating the economic, religious and cultural matters are handled through an appointed Mullah or an elected council of Mullahs. Personal independence of individuals is significantly curtailed in these countries and consumption and sale of alcohol, idol-worship, western clothing, blasphemy and apostasy would be considered illegal. Such countries that mimic this concept include Saudi Arabia and Iran.

A Muslim country is a nation whereby civil and common laws are based loosely on Islamic values and principles - hence Sharia is not imposed forcibly on its citizens. Modern democratic values are promoted and entertained in matters concerning economic, religious and cultural matters while personal independence of individuals is respected. Such countries that mimic this concept include Turkey and Malaysia."

I'm really in the support of a Muslim country, because I don't want to force my beliefs and religious values on others, what is your say?

This thread is not relevant to this post but I think this post of mine is relevant to your post. IMO, Pakistan should be a Muslim country, not an Islamic one.

Islamic vs Muslim country:-

"An Islamic country, or "Islamic Republic", is a nation whereby civil and common laws are based strictly on the Islamic Sharia code, and imposed forcibly on its citizens. All matters relating the economic, religious and cultural matters are handled through an appointed Mullah or an elected council of Mullahs. Personal independence of individuals is significantly curtailed in these countries and consumption and sale of alcohol, idol-worship, western clothing, blasphemy and apostasy would be considered illegal. Such countries that mimic this concept include Saudi Arabia and Iran.

A Muslim country is a nation whereby civil and common laws are based loosely on Islamic values and principles - hence Sharia is not imposed forcibly on its citizens. Modern democratic values are promoted and entertained in matters concerning economic, religious and cultural matters while personal independence of individuals is respected. Such countries that mimic this concept include Turkey and Malaysia."

I'm really in the support of a Muslim country, because I don't want to force my beliefs and religious values on others, what is your say?

This is highly debatable.

But since the forum has decided to go this way. I will refrain myself from posting a valid rebuttal.

This thread
Mate, in my estimatoion the single biggest malaise and cause for problems in Pakistan, bigger then even Zardari, Nawaz is this issue. Is the Pakistani state exposition of the ummmah or just the citizens of the four provinces that make the federation who of course overwhelingly Muslim.

There is contradiction between the two. And that is cause of our biggest problems.

I will give a detailed analysis later and tag you.

At it is core the contradiction as seen in the map below. Is Pakistan to represent and stand by -

• the huge green expanse of Muslim world
  • the tiny red territory occupied by Sindh, Balochistan, K-Pk, Punjab, AJK.

TMoqCwc.png

This is highly debatable.

But since the forum has decided to go this way. I will refrain myself from posting a valid rebuttal.
No offence, but I'm not expecting anything serious/logical from you as I have never seen you posting anuthing logiacal or worth reading except some useless jokes, so I don't need your reply.

I will give a detailed analysis later and tag you.
Nice post, too. I will wait for your tag.

indian owned backed and financied terrorists dead.

shame on india

No offence, but I'm not expecting anything serious/logical from you as I have never seen you posting anuthing logiacal or worth reading except some useless jokes, so I don't need your reply.

So when are you raising your slogan against Pakistan ka matlab kia La Ilaha Illalah to

Pakistan ka matlab kia, sindhu darya zindabad?

Be hindus again. Nobody is stopping you.

There is a concentrated attempt to change the fundamentals of the state from borne out of Muslim identity to civilisation based on the indus river.

It is useless to talk to Muslims who cannot see the words Islam/Muslim as one. Sure i understand you are running out of money and people are ready to give you the money in exchange for your identity.

You think the people here will stop at just the Indus Federation? They have a stated policy of blood over faith.

Afghanistan will take away KPK.
Iran will take away Balochistan.

Sindh and Punjab carved out of India will be returned. But atleast you will have money

I can take these posts on Pakistani vs Muslim and create a new thread if you're inclined to discuss this further without hijacking this thread.
Yes, that would be great idea but leave it till later please when I am free. I don't want to join a thread that already has run out of steam. I am too busy right now to give input.

Pakistan has Hindus, Muslims, Sikhs, Christians, Atheists, Agnostics. ... A plethora of beliefs.

So when you describe EVERYONE in Pakistan as ‘we are Muslims’, you are wrong.

That’s why I corrected you and said, ‘we are Pakistanis’.
He is 100% right.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom