What's new

Khobragade to USA: You have lost a good friend. In return, you got a maid and drunken driver

Speaking to Indian daily The Indian Express in Delhi on Saturday, Khobragade said, "I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my family, my husband, my little kids. I miss them."

"What if my children choose to study and work in the US? What if I can never return to the US, which I cannot now. Does it mean we will never be able to live together as a family again?" she said.

I am under immense stress for my children, says Devyani Khobragade - Hindustan Times

Ha - DK and her dramas. Looks like the crook was prepared for a very long haul in US and the Indian media left her alone without as much as raising a question that being an official of GOI she was expected to serve in countries for India even without this incident happening and so this situation would have arisen then as well.

The maid is going to yap it all to the media and he will be doomed.
How is going to talk his way out of not knowing about the maid?

So in other words he will lose his job because of his association with his wife who had two unproven allegations leveled against her?

USA, the land of the free and home of the brave, where guilt by association is a fundamental right.

The maid is going to yap it all to the media and he will be doomed.
How is going to talk his way out of not knowing about the maid?

Unfortunately the only side yapping from day one is DK and her another crook of a father and her lawyer which raised the fever in India and allowed the maid to be painted in a very wrong way. If only the maid had her own with the media, there would have been certain facts which would have cleared the air and DK and her father would have ended up as liars.

Indian officials suport DK not because of his innocency.He designated a post so Vienna Convention is there.
But Indian Citizens support her because of following reason
* Recent years US strip searching attitude increased.Including or President.So all that anger is linger in India.This case become a cause for that thats all.
*Main reason is "evacuating" 3 Indian citizens from India without knowledge of India like human trafficking.If that maid expose his problem in media then all Indians will support her instead she choose US support.thats all .she is not the first maid work in US .no other has same problem

Otherwise if DK arrested in US Indian citizens and Indian media dont care it.

Unfortunately the only side yapping from day one is DK and her another crook of a father and her lawyer which raised the fever in India and allowed the maid to be painted in a very wrong way. If only the maid had her own with the media, there would have been certain facts which would have cleared the air and DK and her father would have ended up as liars.

That what I am talking about .If that is the truth all Indians will support her.Instead she choose US .So India and its media dont care about her.

That what I am talking about .If that is the truth all Indians will support her.Instead she choose US .So India and its media dont care about her.

Why not look at it from the maid's perspective? Her personal passport was taken away by DK just after landing in US, none of her family is there with her and she is not educated(US can be intimidating even for the educated lot in the first few years of their landing in US) and being docked her salary even for falling sick. The case filed in US says that she wanted to go back home but was denied the request by DK. She is going to be desperate,(unlike the calculating witch situation portrayed by many) will turn to the next person who helps her. If I read certain news media, few NRIs understood her plight, she was given accomodation for a few days in a Gurudwara(some media say in the house of a Pakistani American) and was brought to the notice of an NGO, group of immigration lawyers who were doing probono work to help out suffering immigrants and from that point onwards, it is going to be application of US laws and she got her justice here quickly.

On the other side, what you and many others expected her to do - book a ticket, come back to India, file a case with the police, go to Indian courts and take on powerful people like Khobragades when all she would have at that moment for a fact is her claim alone. Give it a rational thinking for a moment.

So in other words he will lose his job because of his association with his wife who had two unproven allegations leveled against her?

USA, the land of the free and home of the brave, where guilt by association is a fundamental right.

Turning a "blind eye" to the circumstances of the maid hired to take care of your wife and kids is going to get some serious ethics questioning. He's doomed.

Turning a "blind eye" to the circumstances of the maid hired to take care of your wife and kids is going to get some serious ethics questioning. He's doomed.

And he will then promptly sue UPenn for wrongful dismissal and win.

Why not look at it from the maid's perspective? Her personal passport was taken away by DK just after landing in US, none of her family is there with her and she is not educated(US can be intimidating even for the educated lot in the first few years of their landing in US) and being docked her salary even for falling sick. The case filed in US says that she wanted to go back home but was denied the request by DK. She is going to be desperate,(unlike the calculating witch situation portrayed by many) will turn to the next person who helps her. If I read certain news media, few NRIs understood her plight, she was given accomodation for a few days in a Gurudwara(some media say in the house of a Pakistani American) and was brought to the notice of an NGO, group of immigration lawyers who were doing probono work to help out suffering immigrants and from that point onwards, it is going to be application of US laws and she got her justice here quickly.

On the other side, what you and many others expected her to do - book a ticket, come back to India, file a case with the police, go to Indian courts and take on powerful people like Khobragades when all she would have at that moment for a fact is her claim alone. Give it a rational thinking for a moment.

Sir what laws are you talking about?
She suddenly disappeared from embassy and seek US protection .Her passport is not in the hands of of DK.She is not first maid work in the US for India.many others also working there.Dont told us she is uneducated.We cant believe a uneducated person can play with US laws.This problem is prominently seen after 2005 .These maid want green card and several cases like this also seen in the past.And all the maids complianted at that cases not return to India and got green cards.They dont have court ruling like in the case of Sangeeta.
So we can assume the advantage of green card.May she got 500$ .but all that money is in her hands and his other expense food and accomodation is at GOI expense and since you are Indian American you know very well what is expense of an apartment in New york.
An IIT graduate only get 30000/- per month at his initial stage and you know very well about the working load in an IT company.If that maid is that much uneducated this salary is more than enough.But that lady seduced in American Dreams.
She can send a single email to Indian media.For the 'TIMES NOW' that is more than enough .If maid part is true then Indian media will do rest of job.
But she dont want India and its system .then so be it .we also dont want jusify maid part thats all.

Sir what laws are you talking about?
She suddenly disappeared from embassy and seek US protection .Her passport is not in the hands of of DK.She is not first maid work in the US for India.many others also working there.Dont told us she is uneducated.We cant believe a uneducated person can play with US laws.This problem is prominently seen after 2005 .These maid want green card and several cases like this also seen in the past.And all the maids complianted at that cases not return to India and got green cards.They dont have court ruling like in the case of Sangeeta.
So we can assume the advantage of green card.May she got 500$ .but all that money is in her hands and his other expense food and accomodation is at GOI expense and since you are Indian American you know very well what is expense of an apartment in New york.
An IIT graduate only get 30000/- per month at his initial stage and you know very well about the working load in an IT company.If that maid is that much uneducated this salary is more than enough.But that lady seduced in American Dreams.
She can send a single email to Indian media.For the 'TIMES NOW' that is more than enough .If maid part is true then Indian media will do rest of job.
But she dont want India and its system .then so be it .we also dont want jusify maid part thats all.

Again you have been giving Sangita undue credit for her intelligence. She did not understand US laws. Once she landed(due to some help from NRIs) in the hands(I would say good hands in this case) of the NGO made up of brilliant immigration lawyers she had on her side some experts who had guided her well.

You are talking about the expense of an apartment and RS 30,000(paid in India) but if someone is worked for 100 hours or more from morning till night and was pulled up for falling sick, not allowed to return to India I could only think of stories which happened some 200 years ago.Slaves were brought from jungles of Africa, provided accommodation and food in the plantations and was working from morning till night. Do you see the similarity in both the stories?

Again you have been giving Sangita undue credit for her intelligence. She did not understand US laws. Once she landed(due to some help from NRIs) in the hands(I would say good hands in this case) of the NGO made up of brilliant immigration lawyers she had on her side some experts who had guided her well.

You are talking about the expense of an apartment and RS 30,000(paid in India) but if someone is worked for 100 hours or more from morning till night and was pulled up for falling sick, not allowed to return to India I could only think of stories which happened some 200 years ago.Slaves were brought from jungles of Africa, provided accommodation and food in the plantations and was working from morning till night. Do you see the similarity in both the stories?

You call it a slaves.Do you know the working hours in AC room ,in IT industry and same paygrade with high educational qualification.?

Ok leave all that aside .She can send a single email or a letter to Indian media by defending her side.This so called NGO can support her for that if she is uneducated.She dont do that and she absolutely ignore India.We cant support a lady like that without any evidence.All others cry about her difficulties .But no one verify whether her claim is correct.Am I correct?She is an Indian like DK and that is enough reason we cant trust her.
Similar case also happen in US before where eminent good ambassodars framed .Maids in that case get green cards.In US all people have enough freedom if that is case she and her lawyer can easily arrange a press conference and can share her grievances with Indian media.Does anyone think about that?If that is case enough strong support for her will arise in India.And Indian government will back off and DK may arrested in US.All this is not happen because this maid dont want India and it system.thats all. Why we want support her ?answer me .Now a case like this arise again in US ....that is another maid work in embassy not Indian some other country
embassy claim like this without any base and try to take advantage of US laws .What is the US response?

You call it a slaves.Do you know the working hours in AC room ,in IT industry and same paygrade with high educational qualification.?

Ok leave all that aside .She can send a single email or a letter to Indian media by defending her side.This so called NGO can support her for that if she is uneducated.She dont do that and she absolutely ignore India.We cant support a lady like that without any evidence.All others cry about her difficulties .But no one verify whether her claim is correct.Am I correct?She is an Indian like DK and that is enough reason we cant trust her.
Similar case also happen in US before where eminent good ambassodars framed .Maids in that case get green cards.In US all people have enough freedom if that is case she and her lawyer can easily arrange a press conference and can share her grievances with Indian media.Does anyone think about that?If that is case enough strong support for her will arise in India.And Indian government will back off and DK may arrested in US.All this is not happen because this maid dont want India and it system.thats all. Why we want support her ?answer me .Now a case like this arise again in US ....that is another maid work in embassy not Indian some other country
embassy claim like this without any base and try to take advantage of US laws .What is the US response?

If Indian IT companies expect Indians to work for longer hours in India does not mean that rule will hold good in US. For example, IT companies like IBM pay one and half times for every extra hour after 8 hours. U.S land and U.S laws - you can't apply Indian laws in US. And trust me when at somepoint Indian IT outsourcing companies will be hauled to the labor courts here in US by the Indians for violating certain labor laws and is bound to happen sometime.

Dude - beyond that get real on the media defending her etc etc. It might work sometimes but no guarantee that media will play saviors and they are not the authorities.

And there were many documented maid abuses and other countries' diplomats were made to pay. Read up this blog and you will get the background.

William Wilberforce Trafficking Victims Protection Reauthorization Act of 2008 | Diplopundit

U.S had applied the laws fair and square. If the diplomat had immunity they were made to pay monetary damanges. And some of them flew US instead of paying including one Indian diplomat.

In this case, DK did not have the immunity. But US DOS still advised Indian Government on Sept 4 about the case against Kobhragade but Indian Government choose to ignore it. So who ignored whose sensitivities? US or India?

And what taking advantage of US laws by the maids? There is going to prima facie evidence with the visa paper filings and what these maids got payed. No one is foolish to believe the maids at face value.

If Indian IT companies expect Indians to work for longer hours in India does not mean that rule will hold good in US. For example, IT companies like IBM pay one and half times for every extra hour after 8 hours. U.S land and U.S laws - you can't apply Indian laws in US. And trust me when at somepoint Indian IT outsourcing companies will be hauled to the labor courts here in US by the Indians for violating certain labor laws and is bound to happen sometime.

Dude - beyond that get real on the media defending her etc etc. It might work sometimes but no guarantee that media will play saviors and they are not the authorities.

And there were many documented maid abuses and other countries' diplomats were made to pay. Read up this blog and you will get the background.

William Wilberforce Trafficking Victims Protection Reauthorization Act of 2008 | Diplopundit

U.S had applied the laws fair and square. If the diplomat had immunity they were made to pay monetary damanges. And some of them flew US instead of paying including one Indian diplomat.

In this case, DK did not have the immunity. But US DOS still advised Indian Government on Sept 4 about the case against Kobhragade but Indian Government choose to ignore it. So who ignored whose sensitivities? US or India?

And what taking advantage of US laws by the maids? There is going to prima facie evidence with the visa paper filings and what these maids got payed. No one is foolish to believe the maids at face value.

Ok that the problem lies .DK only gets salary of 4000$.How the hell she pay 4500$ to a maid?

All I am saying about is no one innocent here.We cant trust both DK and that maid Sangeeta Richards.DK will get priority because she is under protection of Vienna Convention.Same goes to US diplomat expelled from India .He is also the same rank of DK.That US diplomat get immunity so naturally DK immunity cleared there.
Maid is not bothered about India even she is an Indian citizen.She get all support from NGO's in America .so she can easily any material to India that defend her.Instead she try to stay in US .If it is the first case may we can justify her.But Indian maids in US made similar attempt in past and got green cards.
Sir you are an American.You may defend US actions .but we dont need that.India is not a developed state like US to pay salary to a maid more than 30000rs per month.still there is about 30 crore people in India that cant meet their needs.We also need to consider them.In India 30000/ salary will get a highly qualified engineer if he work day and night.
An officer in Indian Army at Lieautant rank get around 22000rs.He /she do their job in IA with much pride
Indian government need to consider all that facts.All of us take too much pride about ISRO .Do you know how much is salary of an engineer in ISRO?.This maid get 30000 rs in hand as cash ,her all other expenses was the liability of GOI.
Her claim cant be trusted at least Indians.She dont use the system in India.if she do it then support for Richards will considerably increase in India.GoI cant do nothing about it and some advantages will also get to the poor maids work in India and foreign embassies that is more poorer than.Instead she want comfort of US laws.We Indians cant support a maid like that .simple logic .US embassy in India is US soil.Do you know how much is the salary of maids in US embassy?10000-15000.way less than 30000rs.And US embassy still not publicise that information.If the they do that then that get enough shame for US.Infact US embassies already break their own laws in foreign countries by making natives as slaves.Your claim become baseless here by that only action by the US embassies in India.

If maid want to address all his needs in with 600$ ,then she may get some support in India.But that ready cash given to that maid and all other expenses is at GoI cost.And there is still poor black maids in US that get 500$ ready cash .
I hope you may understand.

What courts are there ever for the elite in the third world countries ? There's always a loophole in the law or enough political or bureaucratic pressure to keep them above the law ! I know of plenty of incidents with other diplomats/political leaders arriving/departing/staying in the U.S. in the past but strangely enough she derived just too much support which is surprising since even your former president's mistreatment didn't illicit such type of response .
the difference is the this time they targeted one of the bureaucrats of India. people in India mistakenly believe the the politicians are in charge but its always the bureaucrats, politicians come and go the babus stay.

Back
Top Bottom