What's new

Khilji, the first Afghan dyansty of Hindostan

Not always.Not unless they are random looters like hulegu the mongol or bhaktiyar khliji the barbarian.Timur, a maniac that he was always spared the scholars when he took a city.As for replacing the education system,the madrasah education system brought on by the inavding armie s was restricted solely to muslims,it can't replace education imparted to hindu or buddhist students because its not available to them.This act of destruction was one of pure savagery for sake of savagery.It destroyed some of the greatest learning centres of the ancient world,where students came to study from all over asia.

Respect
Good comment

@AUSTERLITZ

You've mentioned something about a Rashtrakuta-Chalukya alliance against the Arabs. Can you elaborate more about this? AFAIK, the Rashtrakutas and Chalukyas were locked in a power-struggle over Karnata(modern day Karnataka).

I apologize ,it was long post.I should have written pratihara -chalukya alliance.The pratihara empire at its peak commanded the loyalty of 3 of the most powerful contemporary rajput clans-chauhans,tomars and solankis.Later after breakup these 3 clans created their own states,vastly reducing overall rajput power.Tomars settled around delhi but gradually faded out.Solanki kings created a powerbase in gujarata that defeated ghuri and survived well into the days of the delhi sultanate,chauhans centred at ajmer.Their most famous leader was prithviraj.Overall in the tripartite struggle rashtrakutas won a 3 century struggle over kanauj.But it was an empty pyyrhic victory that drained and eventually destroyed all 3 empires.

First of all: Punjabis and Sindhis of the country of Pakistan are indeed genetically closer to their immediate eastern neighbors living in the country of India, than their western ones. You can't deny that, nor is there a need to.

But, India is just a country. It's not an ethnic/racial group; just like Pakistan is just a country and not a racial/ethnic group! So you can't really say they're 'Indian' as if 'Indian' was some sort of ethnic or racial group!

It's just like how Europe is geographical region and not a country or ethnic group.

But being 'Indian' is a historical cultural identity both in Indian culture and the foreign cultures.

Here is the thing pakistani sindhi and punjabis are similar to Indian punjabi and sindhi genetically? Yes and these make 2% of Indian population. But to say punjabis are similar to poorbias, bengalis, tamil etc is just hogwash.

Its none of our concern what people west of Radcliffe line thinks :laugh: The fact is the Punjabi and Sindhi of India believe themselves as the part of the historical Indian identity with a common consensus while your own Pashtun-Baloch call you Indian by race. :laugh:

But being 'Indian' is a historical cultural identity both in Indian culture and the foreign cultures.

Its none of our concern what people west of Radcliffe line thinks :laugh: The fact is the Punjabi and Sindhi believe themselves as the part of the historical Indian identity while your own Pashtun-Baloch call you Indian by race. :laugh:

Agreed
This is my motherland.

The bond transcends all other boundries

Does it matter if a bunch of religious texts get burnt? What good would a buddhist learning center (so called "university") would do to humanity? Instead thank the Khiljis for saving your forefathers form the Mongols.

Idiot nalanda was one of greatest learning centres in the ancient world,its importance was such that today several east asian countries are on their own funding a project with us to resurrect this great university as a international university.Nalanda University - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
That is the respect it holds for people who understand the value of knowledge.You people apparently don't.These centres didn't impart only religious education,but mathematics,astronomy,philosophy etc.

Agreed
This is my motherland.

The bond transcends all other boundries

Certainly the Indian are never fearful to express our regional identity because the Indian identity is very natural, historical and eternal while in Pakistan people are expected to shed their Pashtun, Balochi, Sindhi, Punjabi, Muhajir identity to become only Pakistanis and Muslims as this love for ethnic identity and the languages(except Urdu) is seen very dangerous to the idea of Pakistan. :laugh:

Nuri nutt and shan do stop quoting me,as i can't see ur posts and can't/won't reply either.I'm getting ghost quotes on my alert box i think.

sary afghani irani arab chor luteery a ker humy lootty rahy religion ke name per wars ker ek humy invade kerty rahy . hindustan was gold mine for them .

Certainly the Indian are never fearful to express our regional identity because the Indian identity is very natural, historical and eternal while in Pakistan people are expected to shed their Pashtun, Balochi, Sindhi, Punjabi, Muhajir identity to become only Pakistanis and Muslims as this love for ethnic identity and the languages(except Urdu) is seen very dangerous to the idea of Pakistan. :laugh:

Nope, they are not. Don't go synthesizing your own version of our history or beliefs for your convience when you are looking at us though your glasses tinted with prejudice.

sary afghani irani arab chor luteery a ker humy lootty rahy religion ke name per wars ker ek humy invade kerty rahy . hindustan was gold mine for them .

Bhai saab 100 take ki baat kahi.
They looted us and these jokers are making the same ppl as their idols.

Arey inhone humare baap dadao ko mara hai

Nope, they are not. Don't go synthesizing your own version of our history or beliefs for your convience when you are looking at us though your glasses tinted with prejudice.

I have seen all this here on PDF where love for Pakistani languages( non-Urdu languages), ethnicity and idea of language based provinces all are seen with extreme suspicion among Pakistanis and every concerned Pakistani saying that they should consider themselves only as Muslims and Pakistanis.

I have seen all this here on PDF where love for Pakistani languages( non-Urdu languages), ethnicity and idea of language based provinces all are seen with extreme suspicion among Pakistanis and every concerned Pakistani saying that they should consider themselves only as Muslims and Pakistanis.

Insecure ppl refusing to consider their true identity

Oh please, stop this dramebazi. It's what comes with every pluralistic society such as Pakistan. There's always two kinds of people on such matters, you only need to look at your own country to see what I'm talking about.

Bhai saab 100 take ki baat kahi.
They looted us and these jokers are making the same ppl as their idols.

Arey inhone humare baap dadao ko mara hai
these guys think hindustan means modern day india fooooooools :rofl: they forget just 70 years ago we were proud hidustani from 7000BC :agree: . yes they killed our grand father take our women for sale and looted our homes . last attack of abdali never left a tooth stick in delhi and damn we named our missiles on that looter mass murderer luteera :hitwall:

Back
Top Bottom