What's new

Kerala's commando force gets brand new additions

You have a point friend, some of these items are priceless and worth as much on historic and cultural levels as financial levels. I truly don't have an answer right now but I'm sure museums around the world would pay big $$$ to buy such incredible artefacts to preserve them and exhibit them.

So if tomorrow UK offers us market value of Kohninoor diamond , but not the diamond itself will any Indian accept it. I will not because Kohinoor is our heritage and no amount of money can replace it.

There are two types of artifacts.. one with religious values and some of it used on daily basis and on occasions like festivals and other of historical values like coins, presents, etc etc.

There are plenty which has got historical values. Its of no use if its keep inside some unknown chambers out of human eye for the rest of the time.

These has to be showcased like all historical artifacts like the Egyptian era artifacts and like roman etc etc.

It helps people identify their glorious past .

And of course most of the artifacts have some religious significance as its part of the culture in the subcontinent.

A high tech Museum inside the city or upgrading the existing Napiers museum into world class would be a wonderful addition to the cultural city of Trivandrum.

A high tech Museum inside the city or upgrading the existing Napiers museum into world class would be a wonderful addition to the cultural city of Trivandrum.

and it will bring in valuable foreign revenue in tourism to the beautiful city of trivandrum........

There are two types of artifacts.. one with religious values and some of it used on daily basis and on occasions like festivals and other of historical values like coins, presents, etc etc.

There are plenty which has got historical values. Its of no use if its keep inside some unknown chambers out of human eye for the rest of the time.

These has to be showcased like all historical artifacts like the Egyptian era artifacts and like roman etc etc.

It helps people identify their glorious past .

And of course most of the artifacts have some religious significance as its part of the culture in the subcontinent.

The problem with such a high tec museum is that it reqires a lot of up keep and security..
This will be very costly ..

what i in turn want our government to do is ,make a very strong fort like fort Knox to protect it under closed doors ;

For the curios make a very high definition documentary and video logs of each and every artifact ofr use of the common public ...

this i think would serve the purpose very effectively

and it will bring in valuable foreign revenue in tourism to the beautiful city of trivandrum........
it wont my friend it will in turn attract nasty elements that we all know about...just make it like a forbidden secret kind of thing ...if u get my drift.

We Trivandrians love and adore Padmanabha Swami...

The extra security arrangements inside Padmanabhaswamy temple is already taking a toll on the sacred ambiance of the temple..

The problem with such a high tec museum is that it reqires a lot of up keep and security..
This will be very costly ..

what i in turn want our government to do is ,make a very strong fort like fort Knox to protect it under closed doors ;

For the curios make a very high definition documentary and video logs of each and every artifact ofr use of the common public ...

this i think would serve the purpose very effectively

Already existing security is there for the museum.. Putting all those cameras and hundreds of securitymen inside the small perimeters of temple will make the pilgrimage a bit wayward and weird in my opinion..

Its better to organise better security inside a museum rather than inside the temple.

A devotee will feel like he is inside some high tech prison rather than a temple.

Already existing security is there for the museum.. Putting all those cameras and hundreds of securitymen inside the small perimeters of temple will make the pilgrimage a bit wayward and weird in my opinion..

Its better to organise better security inside a museum rather than inside the temple.

A devotee will feel like he is inside some high tech prison rather than a temple.

I didn't recommend making the temple into a fort id never want that...JUst sift it into a Fort Knox type facility and provide detailed HD video logs for the common public---maybe a NAt geo DOc?

I dont like the idea of people guarding this treasure in an open musem.. will attract too much attention ..until our security situation doesn't Improve ..covertness is the best possible means of security

I didn't recommend making the temple into a fort id never want that...JUst sift it into a Fort Knox type facility and provide detailed HD video logs for the common public---maybe a NAt geo DOc?

Already the perimeters resembles like a fort rather than the temple with security measures everywhere.

Its nowadays curiosity rather than divinity thats making the crowds which is kinda sad.

These Billions should be shared and spent on the people of India- it could do A LOT of good if used properly. I have heard though that the temple owners want to use it for "upkeep"??!! I mean they can have some of the money but not all, a temple doesn't need BILLIONS for up keep. Seems rather selfish is thats how it plays out. I can't really see Muslims and certainly not Sikhs keepingsuch vast quantities of cash for themselves whilst so much good could be done with the money.

The GOVT should intervene but they probably don't want to risk it for political reasons- risk upsetting 80% of vote bank. Although I'm sure most of these Hindus would agree with the distribution of this ENORMOUS treasure. Mostly because it is likely to benefit mostly Hindus.
This money can be used to improve the condition of most of the temples. And still to renovate all ancient temples, that money is not sufficient. :(

the 303 brings back memories of NCC camp when we had to fire them . it was a thrill. sure had a huge recoil.

the 303 brings back memories of NCC camp when we had to fire them . it was a thrill. sure had a huge recoil.
I remember that :cheers:. I was in Juniors (School NCC) we had to fire the .22 during competition cos a lot of younger kids had a danger of shoulder injury by recoil of .303.

Back
Top Bottom