What's new

Kerala's commando force gets brand new additions

When I say worship cattle, I mean as animals, correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought cattle were an avatar...not holy in and of themselves, but as representing a form of god as viewed by humans. (much like a statue...not really god, but a "human" representation of god.)

yes...they are considered avatar (incarnation) of Goddess Lakshmi......and when you say they are an avatar of god...they automatically become holy due to that.....moreover cow's milk is considered second only to mom's milk in its purity and nutrition in india and hence we also give it an honored place equal to that of the mother.....we assume the god is present in the idol and we worship the idol in his/her place......in essence we give a form to the 'formless' omnipresent god.....i guess thats the difference between semitic religions and hinduism...

yes...they are considered avatar (incarnation) of Goddess Lakshmi......and when you say they are an avatar of god...they automatically become holy due to that.....moreover cow's milk is considered second only to mom's milk in its purity and nutrition in india and hence we also give it an honored place equal to that of the mother.....we assume the god is present in the idol and we worship the idol in his/her place......in essence we give a form to the 'formless' omnipresent god.....i guess thats the difference between western religions and hinduism...

Not all that different, Catholics consider that the wine and wafers take on the properties of god, protestants...yeah...not the same.

Not all that different, Catholics consider that the wine and wafers take on the properties of god, protestants...yeah...not the same.

hmmmm......taking on properties of god and being an incarnation of god imo is different.....but thats complicated if we get there.......but usa is majority protestant due to its english roots right ?...maybe the hispanics are catholic.....

hmmmm........but usa is majority protestant due to its english roots right ?...maybe the hispanics are catholic.....

True. Matter of fact, this is one of the main reasons for the schizm.
(the whole assuming the property of god thing, Catholics say it becomes god, most protestant say it's allegory)

Thanks for the offer.... maybe I one day I will visit Goa

If you are visiting with your family then beware there will be too many topless white chicks sunbathing and walking along the beaches.

Forget the beach, they walk around in their lingerie even in streets and in stalls.

Goa is famous for its seafood and 24 hour booze, and all night parties on the beaches. Beer, liquor is very cheap, no taxes on them.

There are so many white people that sometimes we doubt whether we are the locals.

Most chicks are from Russia, UK, east Europe, former soviet countries, and of course Israel.

If you are ready spend some money then you would be able get yourself entertained by these girls, if you know what I mean.

If you are visiting with your family then beware there will be too many topless white chicks sunbathing and walking along the beaches.

Forget the beach, they walk around in their lingerie even in streets and in stalls.

Goa is famous for its seafood and 24 hour booze, and all night parties on the beaches. Beer, liquor is very cheap, no taxes on them.

There are so many white people that sometimes we doubt whether we are the locals.

Most chicks are from Russia, UK, east Europe, former soviet countries, and of course Israel.

If you are ready spend some money then you would be able get yourself entertained by these girls, if you know what I mean.

If you were trying to get me to visit Goa, you did a good job.

In short Goa is the Ibiza of India.

If you are visiting with your family then beware there will be too many topless white chicks sunbathing and walking along the beaches. ..Forget the beach, they walk around in their lingerie even in streets and in stalls.

Thanks for the advice..... :azn:

Harpoon, who is responsible for that little saying at the bottom of your post?

Now I can understand why my Father oppses me to visit Goa. :(

If you are ready spend some money then you would be able get yourself entertained by these girls, if you know what I mean.[/QUOT
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Harpoon, who is responsible for that little saying at the bottom of your post?

A dialogue from the movie "Peacemaker".

It just shows that an individual/nation who needs 10 WMDs are of much stabler mind and rational than an individual/nation who only needs one.

These Billions should be shared and spent on the people of India- it could do A LOT of good if used properly. I have heard though that the temple owners want to use it for "upkeep"??!! I mean they can have some of the money but not all, a temple doesn't need BILLIONS for up keep. Seems rather selfish is thats how it plays out. I can't really see Muslims and certainly not Sikhs keepingsuch vast quantities of cash for themselves whilst so much good could be done with the money.

The GOVT should intervene but they probably don't want to risk it for political reasons- risk upsetting 80% of vote bank. Although I'm sure most of these Hindus would agree with the distribution of this ENORMOUS treasure. Mostly because it is likely to benefit mostly Hindus.

Back
Top Bottom