What's new

Kerala's commando force gets brand new additions

there case going on what to do with it.a group won't allow it to be moved out of the temple

It's crazy. They are lucky this wasn't discovered during Indira Gandhi's tenure. She'd have barged in. All that gold just lying there!!!

The best is to shift it to a new facility like musuem , the things like those having historical and cultural values and let the people see the people's wealth.

Even the musuem can earn some money..

A world class historical museum like in Egypt would be great for the city.

The treasure find in the temple is not just a treasure but contains 'thiruvabharanam'(Lord's Jewellery) and various artifacts donated to the temple for the last 1500 years by many nobles&kings. Even British and French gold coins were found among them. So because of the sensitive nature of the 'treasure' (as it is considered property of Lord Padmanabha), taking it outside the temple premises will ignite religious passions. So Govt had to thread very carefully in the issue of museum. My opinion is that the treasure which is of less religious importance could be displayed in a museum adjacent to the temple, but taking it to far away places like Delhi is unacceptable.

A museum is certainly the way to go. Let the world enjoy the products of your culture and raise some money for up-keep.

isn't it funny that to protect billions of crores,we have to spent crores again?

The same can be said about the money spent in protecting artifacts kept in museums all around India. The only difference here is that the artifacts are kept in a temple and worth more than the rest of the Indian museum artifacts.

It's crazy. They are lucky this wasn't discovered during Indira Gandhi's tenure. She'd have barged in. All that gold just lying there!!!

Well thats just a speculation. Temples like Guruvayoor, Sabarimala, Thirupati etc are known all over their world for their considerable wealth but Ms.Ghandhi did not interfered in their affairs during her tenure.

A museum is certainly the way to go. Let the world enjoy the products of your culture and raise some money for up-keep.

dont fault me for asking this....but are americans exposed to hinduism as a religion ?....i can see many whites when i go to famous temples....but then i dont know if they are from usa or from any western country...they all look same to us.......

dont fault me for asking this....but are americans exposed to hinduism as a religion ?....i can see many whites when i go to famous temples....but then i dont know if they are from usa or from any western country...they all look same to us.......

Not much...most Americans still assume you worship cattle. But enough know...and beauty is still beauty.

dont fault me for asking this....but are americans exposed to hinduism as a religion ?.

Many Americans are turning to Buddhism.... Did not many Americans visit India during the 60s for spiritual reasons (I think they still do)?

Not much...most Americans still assume you worship cattle. But enough know...and beauty is still beauty.

hey we do worship cows.....thats not wrong........but not all cattle......hehe........cow is assumed to be a incarnation of Goddess Lakshmi..the giver of wealth...thats why we have cow-slaughter ban in almost all states......thanks for the reply....

Many Americans are turning to Buddhism.... Did not many Americans visit India during the 60s for spiritual reasons (I think they still do)?

buddishm is nothing but a further refinement of hinduism......many schools of thought like tibetan buddism, vjrayana sects borrow heavily from practises of hinduism....many hindus even consider lord buddha as the ninth incarnation of lord Vishnu.....but anyway lets not go offtopic......

They did in the 60's and 70's. Goa still has the left over "hippie" generation coming in. You should see the Saturday night market and the flea market in Goa. Every stall is owned by foreigners.

hey we do worship cows.....thats not wrong........but not all cattle......hehe........cow is assumed to be a incarnation of Goddess Lakshmi..the giver of wealth...thats why we have cow-slaughter ban in almost all states......thanks for the reply....

When I say worship cattle, I mean as animals, correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought cattle were an avatar...not holy in and of themselves, but as representing a form of god as viewed by humans. (much like a statue...not really god, but a "human" representation of god, or the thought of god))

They did in the 60's and 70's. Goa still has the left over "hippie" generation coming in. You should see the Saturday night market and the flea market in Goa. Every stall is owned by foreigners.

Thanks for the offer.... maybe I one day I will visit Goa

Back
Top Bottom