What's new

Kerala Corner

Enikke VHP type team nodu ottum talparyamilla.
Pakshe inganeyulla abhyasam kanumbol avan mar parayinnathilum karyamunde ennu tonni pokarunde.
North Indiyil nadakkunna polulla prayasangal onnum ividuthe Muslimgal anubhavikkunilla athinu ividuthe hindukalo christianso vazhiyorikkiyittumilla.
Njan generalize cheyyathilla ennalum chila avanmarude kalaparipadi ee nadinu ottum nallathalla.

Sad thing is nammale secular ennu vilichu kaliyakunavanmar pravachichatupole thaneyanu karyangalude poku. But let's sincerely hope its an isolated incident and the govt doesn't turn blind eye on this one.

@nair avanmarude thread njan divertu cheythu.
Nammale kaliyakan irunnathanu.
PV Arun Kottayam swadeshi anu.

Pinne ente browseril, 'thanks' button kanunilla :( Any idea as to what might be the reason? Chilapozhoke load avuna samayathu teliyum buy page full load ayikazhinjal disappear avum -_-

Ps: Mozilla Firefox anu use cheyunathu

Pinne ente browseril, 'thanks' button kanunilla :( Any idea as to what might be the reason? Chilapozhoke load avuna samayathu teliyum buy page full load ayikazhinjal disappear avum -_-

BAR pootunnondaayirikkum...onnum angu keri load aavaathaey..

Reply buttonu mukalilayi cursor kondu poy nokku ...... annerame thanks button theliyu .

@seiko @scorpionx @levina @nair

Sorry if i have hurt you all these days............Never was against YOU rather against HYPOCRISY prevailing in our nation.

Maybe gone overboard sometimes.
you gotta be kidding me...sorry?
You dont have to be sorry!!
cheer up!!!

Its just that I dont like getting labelled.
Its like @Armstrong calls me something and many others would make it my petname.Lol.

Sorry if i have hurt you all these days............Never was against YOU rather against HYPOCRISY prevailing in our nation.
From personal point of view, I don't take these comments seriously any more. I simply avoid these threads (you know I have not replied even after being mentioned many times) and put few people on ignore list. By the way, we have discussed it before and we understand each others povs quite well. So no need to say sorry. Chillax.

@seiko @scorpionx @levina @nair

Maybe gone overboard sometimes.

No I wont forgive you for hurting me.. It was always against me.. I will never forgive you unless you commit suicide and send me picture of your dead body..

Kiss of Love' to protest moral policing in Kerala

Protesters on Wednesday tore up posters promoting a mass-kissing campaign in Kerala’s port city of Kochi, saying it was against India’s traditional culture.

A group of netizens had announced plans to hold the “Kiss of Love” drive on November 2 to protest against moral policing by right-wing groups.

The campaign was launched on social media after a coffee shop in north Kerala’s Kozhikode city was vandalised last week by a group of people who criticised the public display of affection by some couples there.

The attack came after a news channel owned by a political party carried a report on October 23 with visuals of “immoral activities” allegedly taking place at the establishment, showing young couples kissing and embracing.

“Moral policing is a criminal activity. Most political parties and religious organisations try to do that. A group of young bloods join their hands together to prove to society that the kiss is the symbol of love,” says the Facebook page of the campaign that has already received over 10,000 likes.

According to reports, the posters were torn up by a group of men who did not specify whether they belonged to or supported a political group.

Police have denied permission for the event scheduled to be held at the Marine Drive where couples have been invited at 5pm on Sunday.

“We can’t prevent people from assembling. But if it creates a law and order problem and traffic snarls, we will arrest and remove them from the spot,” said Kochi deputy commissioner of police Nishanthini.

The Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) and Yuva Morcha – the BJP’s youth wing – said they would not disrupt the function.

The organisers said their aim was not to target any political party or group but to draw attention to the fact that it was not acceptable to disrupt someone’s privacy citing flimsy moral reasons.

“Criminalisation of affection and love is really bad. The attack against the coffee shop was just a trigger. Sadly this tendency is growing everywhere,” said S Rahul, one of the organisers.

The event is reminiscent of the 2009 Pink Chaddi Campaign in Mangalore where hundreds of people sent pink underwear on Valentine’s Day to the office of a right-wing group that allegedly attacked some women at a pub.

The event planners said they may conduct such drives in other cities after gauging the success of their first attempt. While some Bengaluru-based software professionals said they would drive down to Kochi to participate in the event, the LGBT (lesbians, gays, bi-sexual and transgender) community, too, has pledged its support.

The organisers expect at least 10,000 couples to be present at the mass-kissing programme.

“Lovers will kiss each other. We want to send a strong signal to the moral police that violence can’t overcome love,” Rahul said.

'Kiss of Love' to protest moral policing in Kerala - Hindustan Times

Ithu mikkavarum adikalasham vellapokkam akum..

Kiss of Love' to protest moral policing in Kerala

Protesters on Wednesday tore up posters promoting a mass-kissing campaign in Kerala’s port city of Kochi, saying it was against India’s traditional culture.

A group of netizens had announced plans to hold the “Kiss of Love” drive on November 2 to protest against moral policing by right-wing groups.

The campaign was launched on social media after a coffee shop in north Kerala’s Kozhikode city was vandalised last week by a group of people who criticised the public display of affection by some couples there.

The attack came after a news channel owned by a political party carried a report on October 23 with visuals of “immoral activities” allegedly taking place at the establishment, showing young couples kissing and embracing.

“Moral policing is a criminal activity. Most political parties and religious organisations try to do that. A group of young bloods join their hands together to prove to society that the kiss is the symbol of love,” says the Facebook page of the campaign that has already received over 10,000 likes.

According to reports, the posters were torn up by a group of men who did not specify whether they belonged to or supported a political group.

Police have denied permission for the event scheduled to be held at the Marine Drive where couples have been invited at 5pm on Sunday.

“We can’t prevent people from assembling. But if it creates a law and order problem and traffic snarls, we will arrest and remove them from the spot,” said Kochi deputy commissioner of police Nishanthini.

The Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) and Yuva Morcha – the BJP’s youth wing – said they would not disrupt the function.

The organisers said their aim was not to target any political party or group but to draw attention to the fact that it was not acceptable to disrupt someone’s privacy citing flimsy moral reasons.

“Criminalisation of affection and love is really bad. The attack against the coffee shop was just a trigger. Sadly this tendency is growing everywhere,” said S Rahul, one of the organisers.

The event is reminiscent of the 2009 Pink Chaddi Campaign in Mangalore where hundreds of people sent pink underwear on Valentine’s Day to the office of a right-wing group that allegedly attacked some women at a pub.

The event planners said they may conduct such drives in other cities after gauging the success of their first attempt. While some Bengaluru-based software professionals said they would drive down to Kochi to participate in the event, the LGBT (lesbians, gays, bi-sexual and transgender) community, too, has pledged its support.

The organisers expect at least 10,000 couples to be present at the mass-kissing programme.

“Lovers will kiss each other. We want to send a strong signal to the moral police that violence can’t overcome love,” Rahul said.

'Kiss of Love' to protest moral policing in Kerala - Hindustan Times

Ithu mikkavarum adikalasham vellapokkam akum..

E vishayathil valare aveshavan annenu thonnunu? pokunnudo ?

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom