What's new

Kerala Corner

Prester John(Mar Yohannaan) was a persian bishop sent to India/an archdeacon, & visited Constatinople & Rome.Records claim him as coming from a people where pepper grows,warriors ride elephants & with a Jewish community split between White & black jews.

its was just a myth ,not histroy .... than parjna historians parayunthe prestor john indiayile rajavaannenanu historically ange oru rajavum india il illa ....x'ianty flourished after 1498 and some guys used st thomas ,bhramin connversion story to distance from low caste converts thats the truth ... pinne sarah thomas ine pollulavar surani annenu parjnal vishwasikan thonum she looks diffrent from others ,but cant say about others who claim as syrians isrealis ...etc

its was just a myth ,not histroy .... than parjna historians parayunthe prestor john indiayile rajavaannenanu historically ange oru rajavum india il illa ....x'ianty flourished after 1498 and some guys used st thomas ,bhramin connversion story to distance from low caste converts thats the truth ... pinne sarah thomas ine pollulavar surani annenu parjnal vishwasikan thonum she looks diffrent from others ,but cant say about others who claim as syrians isrealis ...etc

haha veendum Mandatharangal.
Before portuguese there was a position called Arch deacon in the church,which held the title 'the prince of Nasranis'.No one is claiming him to be King of India.

And there are several evidences for St.Thomas & no evidence for alternate theories.

Do you even know that the converts by the portuguese form Latin Church?That orthodox/Jacobite/Marthoma syrians have nothing to do with Portuguese?

I have posted some pics of Jews in India that were here for 2 millenia (Bene Israel,Cochin Jews).Do they look like 'jew' to you?

Ethu parayan thudangiyuttu kurre kalamayi.

Pakshe enthu cheyyam.

@takeiteasy in my alerts section it is said you replied to me.

I guess you edited your response. LOL.

Enne entha theri villicho? :D

@gslv mk3 did you see @takeiteasy response to my comment. He edited it out now. =P

Kandilla...o_O

@gslv mk3

I would be interested in genetic analysing among the Nair population as well.

Just to piss off the Hindutva warriors :D

Since you are away in New Zealand,you would not have to fear them....:woot::yahoo:

I have no fear for religious extremists.

What I fear is them ruining the reputation of a community.

They can spout whatever religious stuff they want, but why do they have to proclaim that they are Nairs while they are at it?

Leave me out of it bro!

Before portuguese there was a position called Arch deacon in the church,which held the title 'the prince of Nasranis'.No one is claiming him to be King of India.

And there are several evidences for St.Thomas & no evidence for alternate theories.

Do you even know that the converts by the portuguese form Latin Church?That orthodox/Jacobite/Marthoma syrians have nothing to do with Portuguese?

I have posted some pics of Jews in India that were here for 2 millenia (Bene Israel,Cochin Jews).Do they look like 'jew' to you?

Kandilla...o_O

indiail veratha chila x'ian chronicles vechu athu History annu ennu parayunathu mandtharam ...than ibn bathothayudyo portugese karude munmubu vanna kerala yathrikarudeyo vivaranthil st thomas o st thomas christianigal illa ....

pinne thante samadhanthinu vedi samathichu tharam keralithile X'ianikallelam sriyanso ,jews o annu pore ..... ennalum karthu karimathi polle (ninne alla udeshathu) ullavar syriakara isrealikala ennu paryuntanu manasilavathathu

I have no fear for religious extremists.

What I fear is them ruining the reputation of a community.

They can spout whatever religious stuff they want, but why do they have to proclaim that they are Nairs while they are at it?

Leave me out of it bro!
Change your name....change it to Maximus Ravius Nairius!

Welcome to the Kerala corner my friend

Welcome to the Kerala corner my friend, :yay: us malayalees love everything Bengali

Seafood, Lungis and Communism :)

Yeah, I have thought about changing my username :-)

@Anubis but I have to rework Russell Crowe's famous monologue into my signature somehow

Last edited:
indiail veratha chila x'ian chronicles vechu athu History annu ennu parayunathu mandtharam ...

Indiayil varathavarudeyo?Do you know that the people of west asia had trade with Malabar?And what about Cosmas ??
than ibn bathothayudyo portugese karude munmubu vanna kerala yathrikarudeyo vivaranthil st thomas o st thomas christianigal illa ....

Did you read Cosmas' account from AD 522?Did you know about ancient stone crosses of Kerala (6th to 11 th century)? Do you know about Tharissapally Cheppedu?

If not please stop blabbering...

pinne thante samadhanthinu vedi samathichu tharam keralithile X'ianikallelam sriyanso ,jews o annu pore ..... ennalum karthu karimathi polle (ninne alla udeshathu) ullavar syriakara isrealikala ennu paryuntanu manasilavathathu[/quote

Who said they are all Syrians?The community had sizable population of Buddhists too.There have been migrations.Even today this is visible-See the original dress of women,Chatta is from West Asia,And so is the Earing,but the way of tying the mundu is Buddhist.

See Tharissapaly Cheppedu-The signatures on the document in Hebrew, Pahlavi, and Kufic languages,Meaning there are Jewish as well as Persian Christians

Indiayil varathavarudeyo?Do you know that the people of west asia had trade with Malabar?And what about Cosmas ??

Did you read Cosmas' account from AD 522?Did you know about ancient stone crosses of Kerala (6th to 11 th century)? Do you know about Tharissapally Cheppedu?

If not please stop blabbering...

Who said they are all Syrians?The community had sizable population of Buddhists too.There have been migrations.Even today this is visible-See the original dress of women,Chatta is from West Asia,And so is the Earing,but the way of tying the mundu is Buddhist.

See Tharissapaly Cheppedu-The signatures on the document in Hebrew, Pahlavi, and Kufic languages,Meaning there are Jewish as well as Persian Christians

A person who claimed earth as flat ,i never heard about hm or his writings ,wil comment about it after reading ...i searched on google Only some Nasrani blogs are making claims on "Tharissapaly Cheppedu " so not credidible ....

A person who claimed earth as flat ,i never heard about hm or his writings ,wil comment about it after reading ...i searched on google Only some Nasrani blogs are making claims on "Tharissapaly Cheppedu " so not credidible ....

huh Since you know about him,he doesnt exist-What a Joke.And how many knew the Earth was round back then??

Not credible?Beacause you doesnt know about it??

Tharisapally-Copper-Plates.jpg

TRADE AND DEVELOPMENT OF PORT TOWNS IN KERALA NINTH SEMESTERGuide | Vinod Balakrishnan - Academia.edu

Read Survey of Kerala History by A. Sreedhara Menon

Last edited:
huh Since you know about him,he doesnt exist-What a Joke.And how many knew the Earth was round back then??

Not credible?Beacause you doesnt know about it??

Tharisapally-Copper-Plates.jpg

TRADE AND DEVELOPMENT OF PORT TOWNS IN KERALA NINTH SEMESTERGuide | Vinod Balakrishnan - Academia.edu

Read Survey of Kerala History by A. Sreedhara Menon

even it dont prove major x'ian population before Portuguese and its not a proof of your st thomas visit and conversion ......Only thing it proves Kerala hindu kings were generous and they gave freebies to outsiders nothing else

RSS christian peril oral article ezhutheettund ella christians-um parayanmarum pelayanmarumanennu claim cheyyunundu. I know it is biased.
see the RSS rate of hatred:
The book ‘Native life of Travancore’ written by The Rev. Samuel Mateer F L S and published in 1883 have a chapter called Syrian Christians from page 158. Rev. Samuel Mateer while traveling throughout Kerala had stayed in many places and had talked with many of the Kerala Syrian christians. He found that none of the converts have heard of Jesus Christ and does not know why a cross was being worshiped. Kotarakara Syrian church doorway was sketched in his book and it shows a cock engraved along with the cross and armed figures. The book clearly indicates that the Syrian Christians of Kerala are the ‘Paraya community’ converts.
Christianity in India: Historical frauds

These people both syrian and their haters are all hypocrats.

RSS christian peril oral article ezhutheettund ella christians-um parayanmarum pelayanmarumanennu claim cheyyunundu. I know it is biased.
see the RSS rate of hatred:

Christianity in India: Historical frauds

These people both syrian and their haters are all hypocrats.

I was amazed that you did buy that bs

From the article

When the head of the Hindu Paraya community is dead, as per the customary caste law of Parayas, they bury the corpus of the deceased head Parayas or moopan in sitting posture instead of the usual practice of keeping the dead body in lying position. Primitive burial practices of Parayas are still being practiced by the Syrian christians in Kerala. The Syrian Christians of Kerala bury the corpse of their christian bishops in the same manner as the Hindu Parayas who bury their head Parayas or Moopan.

:rofl::rofl:
1.It is a custom of Orthodox Churches,and Orthodox Christianity came to Kerala only in the 17 th century.

2.It is a Custom of Syriac Orthodox world wide

H E Mar Severius Ishak Zakka, the Metropolitan of Syriac Orthodox Church of Antioch

marseveriusIshakzakka.jpg

^^^^^Ini pulliyum parayan aano????:woot::secret::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha:

But then I noticed,

Paranjittu oru Kaaryavum illaaaa

even it dont prove major x'ian population before Portuguese and its not a proof of your st thomas visit and conversion ......Only thing it proves Kerala hindu kings were generous and they gave freebies to outsiders nothing else

Did I said it was?You were saying that there are no historical reference to existence of Christians before Portuguese,didnt you?

And again,do you have any proof that we didn't have a sizable population?There were 130 churches in Malabar,when Synod of Udayamperoor took place.

It proves about the existence of a Church,which contains people of Persian & Syrian origin.
And that was issued because of the help Persian merchants gave out in establishment of Kollam port.No one would give out 'freebies'.

Last edited:
@takeiteasy @Marxist @gslv mk3

You guys might want to watch your posts a little bit.

I think religious discussions are not allowed here. I don't want this thread closed and don't want animosity among you guys :-)

I am an Atheist, so I don't know what you guys are arguing about, as I am ignorant :D

Don't like when our Christian, Muslim and Hindu brothers/sisters fight :(

Back
Top Bottom