What's new

kenya settles on the merkava 4

kenyannoobie

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
2 units were tested at the army live fire grounds up north. The brass were ecstatic. The latest FCS,120 mm main gun,the internal 60 mm mortar,room for half infantry section in the back and its trophy system which actually acts as advertised along with its 6mn $ price tag and the army couldn't say no.

images

They'll replace the T-72s bought 5 years ago along with the recently upgraded Vickers 3.

2 were field tested at the N Kenyan army grounds. The brass were seriously pleased. It does all an MBT of its class is expected and more.

Karanja'z Place: KDF PREPARES FOR THE MERKAVA 4

Fyi,I'm seriously conflicted on obvious ethical grounds.

Nice ....

How many units ???
Not sure yet but minimum should be at least 2 batts,70 units,thereabouts. Though nothing to my knowledge has been signed I'm convinced the KDF is the first foreign buyer of this excellent MBT-which will translate to a favourable purchase agreement . Each Merk 4 is 6 mn$.

2 units were tested at the army live fire grounds up north. The brass were ecstatic. The latest FCS,120 mm main gun,the internal 60 mm mortar,room for half infantry section in the back and its trophy system which actually acts as advertised along with its 6mn $ price tag and the army couldn't say no.

images

They'll replace the T-72s bought 5 years ago along with the recently upgraded Vickers 3.

Karanja'z Place: KDF PREPARES FOR THE MERKAVA 4

Fyi,I'm seriously conflicted on obvious ethical grounds.
That's a marvellous tank to have in your armed forces,absolutely marvellous.
Why were the T-72s brought if they weren't meant for service for more than half a decade?

PS-Don't feel conflicted over this deal.All weapons manufacturers have a lot of dirt in their closets,far more than the Israelis have.
The tanks are meant for the defence of your country and you don't need to feel guilty of anything.

That's a marvellous tank to have in your armed forces,absolutely marvellous.
Why were the T-72s brought if they weren't meant for service for more than half a decade?

PS-Don't feel conflicted over this deal.All weapons manufacturers have a lot of dirt in their closets,far more than the Israelis have.
The tanks are meant for the defence of your country and you don't need to feel guilty of anything.

There were a stopgap-btw,many feel the T-72 was actually a downgrade from the Vickers 3. As you know the ammo compartment isn't protected which means catastrophic hull failure during penetration,ie explosion. Tank drivers actually prefer the older Vic 3

There were a stopgap-btw,many feel the T-72 was actually a downgrade from the Vickers 3. As you know the ammo compartment isn't protected which means catastrophic hull failure during penetration,ie explosion. Tank drivers actually prefer the older Vic 3
Ah..that explains it then,must be lease on those t-72s or for storage war-time reserves.Yup,rusian equipment certainly has its drawbacks.

The merkava is definitely the best possible deal for Kenya,so much capabilities for a 6 million price tag and a favourable purchase agreement as the cherry on top.

Is there a competative tender process or some General just picked it up by itself?

For the same price, you can get Leo2A6/7 or AbramA2.

Calm down. No one looks at morality when buying killing machines.

Yes,you're right,morality doesn't count but if you had an idea what Zionists have done to Kenyans you'd understand my reservations. The mass slaughter at our mall last year was the worst Israeli inspired false flag but not the first. The owner Frank Lowy was a part owner of the WTC! We all know what happened. Btw,his Marriott hotels have been hit 3 times,2 in Indonesia and one in Pakistan in 2008.

Here's the micronuke crater at his Islamabad hotel.
21pakistan.xlarge1.jpg

At this point I'd even be happy if they foreswear attacking us ever again in exchange for a good price,SIGHHHHH!!

Hazzy997,your videos are inconclusive. They seem to show the trophy system destroyed the incoming missile. The Merk doesn't look penetrated if you look closely.

Back
Top Bottom