What's new

The secret world of DRDO

The topic is about DRDO and the products it delivers, no? All I meant was that with the amount of funding DRDO receives, it could have come up with something better. People asked questions, so I answered them.
You are making baseless claims, IMO.

Just compare funding of DRDO with other organizations in world and also number of projects that DRDO managing at a time

DRDO (Rs. 4,628.3 crore or $1.0 billion)
http://www.indiastrategic.in/topstories960.htm

Somehow, your post doesn't seem quite convincing, any instance of a similar kinda of situation happened in any other missile development?

For ex: India's first Prithvi missile was derived from Soviet SAM SA-2.

Why not? Perhaps I'm not getting you, could you elaborate more?

Yes Prithvi used two liquid fueled engines of the upper stage of SA-2 I believe.

Just compare funding of DRDO with other organizations in world and also number of projects that DRDO managing at a time

DRDO (Rs. 4,628.3 crore or $1.0 billion)
..:: India Strategic ::.. Indian Defence News: India’s Defence Budget 2011-12

Pardon my ignorance because I don't have much knowledge on the financial aspects of these organizations, but I concluded it from the opinions of other members. That DRDO is not making full use of the funds it receives.

Why not? Perhaps I'm not getting you, could you elaborate more?

i was curious to know, if there examples as such in any other missile program where :"SAM has been converted to a SSM by replacing the original warhead+SAM guidance system with land attack payload"

The topic is about DRDO and the products it delivers, no? All I meant was that with the amount of funding DRDO receives, it could have come up with something better. People asked questions, so I answered them.
You are making baseless claims, IMO.

DRDO is granted very little money annually compared to international defence firms. And they have to spend this money on a gazillion projects that range from bullets to ballistic missile submarines. Not all of the money that is granted reaches DRDO, politicians gobble up a fair amount of it in the meantime.

Look at projects like the LCA, all you people seem to be celebrating so much over it's delays, here's something that could shock you - so far the money released by the govt. for the LCA project does not cross 2.1 billion USD and only about 50% of that has been spent so far,,,

Yet don't forget that if not for the weapon systems DRDO has created, South Asian military strength would be nothing but a pimp. Thanks to DRDO the West and China sit up and take notice of this region of the world. All the more so after April 2012.

Back
Top Bottom