What's new

Kejriwal to be Delhi CM-designate today, vows ministers won't use red beacons

NEW DELHI: With Aam Aadmi Party set to form a government, the focus now shifts to the promises it has made to the city and the likelihood of its fulfilling them.

Having claimed to reduce power tariff by 50%, along with providing 700 litres to each household every month, the party rode to success in these assembly elections. Power experts, however, say it is impossible to reduce power bills unless the government increases subsidy. "The discoms are already in a financial crisis, and gas and coal prices are rising. Reducing tariff will certainly see leave them bankrupt," said an expert.

It is also doubtful how the party will implement the free water scheme.AAP is banking heavily on the availability of additional water once the leakages are curtailed. About 40% of the city's supply goes waste due to leakages or theft. "This agenda is easily manageable at no additional cost," said an expert. However, Delhi Jal Board asked how it was planning to supply water to all residents when not all areas are covered by them.

For regularization of unauthorized colonies, pucca homes for JJ cluster residents, expansion of the lal dora land, opening of 500 government schools and new hospitals, the Delhi government will have to be dependent on the Centre as change of land use is a central issue. There is no clarity on what kind of support AAP will get on such matters.

On women's safety, the party has promised a special protection force. However, with law and order being a central subject, it will have to approach the home ministry to get this project cleared.

To implement 'swaraj', the party has suggested decentralization of power through 'mohalla sabhas'. Experts say the party will first have to define 'mohallas' and the procedures they will have to follow for referendums. This will require a constitutional amendment, which is not an easy task.

The most novel, and perhaps most democratic, of promises is with regard to devolution of power. The AAP proposes to set up nearly 2,700 mohalla (block) committee that will have to clear area specific development plans.

Experts, however, are of the view that mohalla committee will have to be given certain statutory power to carry out this function. This will entail amending the Delhi Municipal Act. For that to happen, the clearance will have to be obtained from the union ministry of urban development.

Power struggle over, power bills are next on AAP's agenda - The Times of India

It will be interesting now, how he keeps his promises!!!...

Interesting times ahead,i for one won't mind a third national alternative to these 2.But not the corruption ridden regional oppurtunist alliance,the third front.One with a national agenda.

Don't rely on any FALSE HOPES....there is a famous saying -----> POWER CORRUPTS which means it doesn't matter who comes to power, the money involved force them to become corrupts. BTW, who has given AAP a non-corruption party certificate??? They Themselves??? Have they ever even been in power in a municipality to claim that they are corruption free?? Just look at there conduct & u'll see that they have been no SAINTS either:

1. 5 tainted leaders in the elections.
2. Before elections they were swearing on not supporting any party, but now they are.
3. There promise of 50% bills & free water looks great & even if let say they fulfill there promise, don't you think it will be a great strain on already troubled economy & resources of ours.....ultimately one like it or not....it's the money from people that is used for further generation of power & giving resources like water.
4. statement & sitting with a tainted man just to woo minorities.

I can just go on & on & on...............:D

Trust me.....India under Rahul Baba is much more safer than India under kejri....this from someone who hate both of them & is a staunch Modi/BJP supporter.

An Important EDIT: Just to add further, what AAP is doing is that it is becoming a possible source of INSTABILITY in India come 2014, WHY? b'coz if it wasn't there than all anti-congress vote would have gone to the only other option to the People & we would have had a stable govt. under BJP, but now what it does is that it will fight on many LS seats & divide the anti-congress votes, resulting in many times winning seats or even helping Congress to win on seat which it would have lost in all likelihood, Result - Neither Congress nor BJP have enough seats to form a STABLE govt. & AAP as it says always (though now i have doubts) will not support anyone, resulting into maybe another election or the likes of Devegoda or IKs of our times & we are back to the INSTABILITY of 1990s at such a CRUCIAL time for our nation.

Congress knows that there is NO WAY that people will vote for it, but it also knows that atleast people can vote for AAP - "If we can't win, we'll do all that is possible to keep BJP out of power, even if that means a Third Front led DISASTER Govt."

Last edited:
End of AAP. They only got two months to fulfill their poll promise before the model code of conduct sets in. No chance of making any difference in that short period of time. Delhiets... get ready for another assembly election along with the national elections in six moth's time.

End of AAP. They only got two months to fulfill their poll promise before the model code of conduct sets in. No chance of making any difference in that short period of time. Delhiets... get ready for another assembly election along with the national elections in six moth's time.
Arghhh you guys said they can't contest elections? They did

said you can't come up with more than 2-3 seats, They got 28

STFU man!

Arghhh you guys said they can't contest elections? They did

said you can't come up with more than 2-3 seats, They got 28

STFU man!

Oye...eezy giza. Show me one post of mine which remotely said any of the above. Btw... AAP's very own seems to concur with my POV. You seriously think Congress will help AAP to run the govt for next 5 yrs? Don't delude yourself! They'll only be there if there is something in it for them...

Is it only dilli where water have price? What are the rates? Is it that much expensive that people voted to get 700L of free water?

Oye...eezy giza. Show me one post of mine which remotely said any of the above. Btw... AAP's very own seems to concur with my POV. You seriously think Congress will help AAP to run the govt for next 5 yrs? Don't delude yourself! They'll only be there if there is something in it for them...

But expect congress to help AAP until NA elections to cut the modified votes.

Much as I admire AAP, I got to say they got foxed by the Congress here.

1. AAP is now proven to be a party which breaks steadfast pre-election rules(no support from/to either Cong or BJP).
2. It's unrealistic to expect AAP to start delivering on most of their pre-election promises within 6 months.
3. If the Congress withdraws it's support in 6 months,to an Aam Aadmi, AAP will come across as a Party that delivered very little.
4. If re-elctions are forced in this manner, AAP is sure to lose out on it's popularity, and consequently, it's mandate.

I'm already ready for it. Expecting elections in Delhi after general elections. :)Hoping BJP to get absolute majority in both the elections. :D

But expect congress to help AAP until NA elections to cut the modified votes.

Congress helping AAP? :lol: AAP is the one who ate up Congress's vote share in Delhi. Congress's priority is to get that back & make people believe how inadequate AAP is, regardless. Congress is not a charity organisation which will sit there & make AAP look good infront of the people while their significance is eroding...

Lo ji gayi bhains paani mein !!!

Bend mat kar baby hill jaayegi disc, mutual funds investment is subject to market risk..

Congress helping AAP? :lol: AAP is the one who ate up Congress's vote share in Delhi. Congress's priority is to get that back & make people believe how inadequate AAP is, regardless. Congress is not a charity organisation which will sit there & make AAP look good infront of the people while their significance is eroding...

Bookmark my post. :cool:

Instead of stabilizing the newly formed Delhi Govt. Kejriwal wants to do rallies for LS. Bhai jo haath mein hai woh to sambhalo pahle.

Bookmark my post. :cool:

Sorted! Now... keep your organs open for a typical trend in Delhi till the next general elections. You'll have congressis reminding AAP of their poll promises every other day.. & mocking them repeatedly!

Back
Top Bottom