What's new

Kayani rebuts Imran’s remarks on chances of operation’s success

Patriots

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
ISLAMABAD: Ex-army chief General (retd) Ashfaq Parvez Kayani has said that the statement Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) Chairman Imran Khan is relating to him with regard to operation in North Waziristan is totally false.

He added that he had made a statement regarding the operation in All Parties’ Conference (APC) and not in any other relevant briefing. “It seems that during the briefing, Imran Khan was not listening to me and his attention was diverted to somewhere else,” General (retd) Kayani said, according to a report.

Referring to remarks attributed to him by Imran Khan, Kayani clarified that it was wrong to assume that operation in North Waziristan would end terrorism and added that if terrorist bids occurred in other parts of the country after the operation, the armed forces would be blamed again. However, he had stated that terrorism activities would decrease by 40 percent as an aftermath of the operation, he made it clear.

Former Army Chief Kayani said that he expected that beginning of the military operation would give way to intensifying terrorist activities in other parts of the country. “Therefore, the trend pertaining to terrorist activities in Karachi, the Punjab and Balochistan needs to be taken care of through a comprehensive strategy,” he noted.

Gen (retd) Kayani said that he was convinced and insisted that the performance of police and the intelligence agencies needed to be improved.

Kayani rebuts Imran’s remarks on chances of operation’s success - thenews.com.pk

@mr42O @Zarvan

Now after this clarification IK should make an apology statement on his lies if he has some shame .............

I Stopped supporting him the day he started Supporting TTP . IK can go to Hell for all i care , to me my country is more important then a self obsessed leader who only runs in a straight line & never listens to others .

If he continues this path , he will not be able to get 1 seat from Punjab let alone become the PM .

and to those who are still supporting PTI , well i will not tell you to Stop doing it as it is your right , but at least question his actions , instead of trying to defend his every word , no matter how wrong it may be , it makes you no different from typical Noora supporters & PPP Idiots .

Last edited:
There is on ground evidence to support Gen Kayani's assertions that operation in NWA will reduce terrorism but it will not eliminate it , past operations have shown exactly that, he was the COAS and what he could not say out in the open that so long as there are chutiya people with mind set like I'm the Dim , the problem cannot be eliminated

There is on ground evidence to support Gen Kayani's assertions that operation in NWA will reduce terrorism but it will not eliminate it , past operations have shown exactly that, he was the COAS and what he could not say out in the open that so long as there are chutiya people with mind set like I'm the Dim , the problem cannot be eliminated
Not the point of discussion , you want to discuss that open an other thread i will enlighten you there .

and i am sure you know more then the Chief of Pakistan Army , but still i will try .

Kiyani should kick his but instead of rebut.

waiting for some feedback from PTI ... let the flaming at Ex COAS begin ...

ISLAMABAD: Ex-army chief General (retd) Ashfaq Parvez Kayani has said that the statement Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) Chairman Imran Khan is relating to him with regard to operation in North Waziristan is totally false.

He added that he had made a statement regarding the operation in All Parties’ Conference (APC) and not in any other relevant briefing. “It seems that during the briefing, Imran Khan was not listening to me and his attention was diverted to somewhere else,” General (retd) Kayani said, according to a report.

Referring to remarks attributed to him by Imran Khan, Kayani clarified that it was wrong to assume that operation in North Waziristan would end terrorism and added that if terrorist bids occurred in other parts of the country after the operation, the armed forces would be blamed again. However, he had stated that terrorism activities would decrease by 40 percent as an aftermath of the operation, he made it clear.

Former Army Chief Kayani said that he expected that beginning of the military operation would give way to intensifying terrorist activities in other parts of the country. “Therefore, the trend pertaining to terrorist activities in Karachi, the Punjab and Balochistan needs to be taken care of through a comprehensive strategy,” he noted.

Gen (retd) Kayani said that he was convinced and insisted that the performance of police and the intelligence agencies needed to be improved.

Kayani rebuts Imran’s remarks on chances of operation’s success - thenews.com.pk

@mr42O @Zarvan

Now after this clarification IK should make an apology statement on his lies if he has some shame .............

Nawaz Sharif himself told Imran Khan that chances of success is only 40%

READ TODAYS HAROON UR RASHID COLUMN BELOW

Nawaz Sharif himself told Imran Khan that chances of success is only 40%(Paragraph 4 of the column)

It was out of context by pm,Kyani meant to said terrorism will reduce 40% and not that chance of success is 40%(Paragraph 7 of the column)

ISPR sources said that they are an official institute how can they negate what Prime minister said that why they did not issue an statement(Paragraph 8 of the column)

I guess Gen Rtd Hameed Gul was also asleep

Just read today's column of Haroon ur Rashid below

Akhir Kab Tak

17-02-2014

894078_38504555.jpg

NOW ALTAF'S SHOULD ASK HIS NEW LOVE PM NAWAZ SHARIF TO EXPLAIN THIS TO THE NATION"IF HE CAN"

SOURCE:

HAROON UR RASHIDS COLUMN

DUNYA NEWS PAPER

http://e.dunya.com.pk/news/2014/February/2014-02-17/FAB/detail_img/894078_38504555.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom