What's new

Kayani last obstacle to Kashmir deal : US cable

What does the deal entail? I have my doubts over the source of the information!

Fair play to Kayani for having a backbone and not listening to demands that will in no doubt be favourable to India, just hope he never took that stance so save his own neck from a public or army backlash.

Kashmir will always be an integral part of Pakistan and inshallah that won't change anytime in the future, Pakistan doesn't need peace or friendly relations with India at the cost on losing our own brethren in Kashmir.

Zardar needs to be removed asap can't stand this mosquito as the President of our country.

Inshallah, India can never lose Kashmir and her brothers to Pakistan.....Kashmir is an Integral part of India....and no one can change....even as a Muslim the very remise of Pakistan's creation is for other powers not for the benefit of Muslims.....why would muslims be scared of a hindu majority country. Maybe it has to do with all the atrocities committed by Muslims along ago...

Yours an Ex-Muslim, now an Athetist

Inshallah, India can never lose Kashmir and her brothers to Pakistan.....Kashmir is an Integral part of India....and no one can change....even as a Muslim the very remise of Pakistan's creation is for other powers not for the benefit of Muslims.....why would muslims be scared of a hindu majority country. Maybe it has to do with all the atrocities committed by Muslims along ago...

Yours an Ex-Muslim, now an Athetist

Let's leave religion out of it as that's the least of the concerning issues regarding Kashmir especially when the people who reside in the valley aren't even being given basic human rights according to Amnesty International.

You lost Kashmir the day you commited act of state sponsered terrorism against them and as history is a witness with time these people will inevitably get their freedom one way or another.

Who is not aware that Kashmir is an unfinished agenda left by the British? The issue remains unresolved despite two clear resolutions of the UN Security Council stipulating a plebiscite allowing the Kashmiris their right of self-determination. India subverted all attempts at the implementation of these resolutions. Pakistan and India fought three wars, yet Kashmiris are struggling for their liberation from the more than 700,000 occupying Indian forces. A recent report derived from WikiLeaks documents states the British Labour government regarded the Chief of the Army Staff, General Kayani, as a major ‘obstacle’ to an Indo-Pak deal on Kashmir. According to the report, a deal was ready on paper a day before the Mumbai attacks but General Kayani refused to be part of it. If the contents of the report are to be believed, then hats off to the Army Chief who stood steadfast and did not allow a Britain-sponsored solution to be imposed on the Kashmiri people who are daily sacrificing their lives.

This deal was initiated by then British Foreign Secretary David Miliband and both Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and President Asif Zardari were willing to sign it. Miliband thought the remaining obstacle was Pakistan’s military chief who needed to be persuaded. In the aftermath of the Mumbai attacks, the process of composite dialogue came to a halt and the British attempt fully supported by the United States got lost.

What the world community must realise is that the Kashmiri people who have been subjected to state torture at the hands of Indian troops for well over six decades would not accept any ‘Made in England’ or ‘Made in US’ solution and would continue to struggle for their right of self-determination which must not be denied to them under any circumstances. Pakistan, on its part, must continue to offer moral and diplomatic support to them till such time that a peaceful, acceptable solution is found to their plight. Till that time let India bleed.

Shameful attempt | Pakistan | News | Newspaper | Daily | English | Online

Go Kiyani :pakistan: --- We say no to a "Pomey solution".

^^^
And instead killed undreds of people in Mumbai...hats of to him, but he does not have balls to go head on head with India and instead playing this game of proxy war not just in India but around the globe killing thousands of innocent people regardless of their nationality and their religions.

^^^
And instead killed undreds of people in Mumbai...hats of to him, but he does not have balls to go head on head with India and instead playing this game of proxy war not just in India but around the globe killing thousands of innocent people regardless of their nationality and their religions.

He is not playing any game neither he staged mumbai , next time you repeat this mantara and accused our army of supporting terrorists , you will be thrown out !

india has no problem maintaining status quo in kashmir. it is only pakistan which has to decide wether to have good relations with india or not.

pakistan has fallen into its own trap of terrorism. the mujahiddens which were created to fight against USSR and subsequently utilised to fight in kashmir have turned against the master itself. u can hear news of bomb blasts and killings on daily basis. as a human being i feel sad on plight of pakistanis.

it is pakistan which has to take initiative. as for india it can comfortably sit and concentrate on economic development.

india has no problem maintaining status quo in kashmir. it is only pakistan which has to decide wether to have good relations with india or not.

pakistan has fallen into its own trap of terrorism. the mujahiddens which were created to fight against USSR and subsequently utilised to fight in kashmir have turned against the master itself. u can hear news of bomb blasts and killings on daily basis. as a human being i feel sad on plight of pakistanis.

it is pakistan which has to take initiative. as for india it can comfortably sit and concentrate on economic development.

In fact thats not the case , you cannot suppress kashmiris for long , you would have to leave , the question is when !

was this a deal to make LOC a international border !!
No. I think it was to make the borders irrelevant.

The issue I see with such agreements is that India isn't sure who to talk with on the negotiating table. The more the number of people are involved, the difficult it becomes to achieve a real solution. Until the GoP is strong(er) than the PA, such negotiations will leave the table without any concrete resolution.

No. I think it was to make the borders irrelevant.

if the deal is to make borders irrelevant then kayani won't be having a problum..

my view that it's about making LOC a international border ..

if the deal is to make borders irrelevant then kayani won't be having a problum..
my view that it's about making LOC a international border ..

But having LoC as an international border does not solve the concerns of Kashmiris. They want to be integrated with rest of the Kashmiris across the border. I think the only viable solution should keep this in mind and both countries should respect that. It depends on the political will from both governments and a commitment to stick to it.

But having LoC as an international border does not solve the concerns of Kashmiris. They want to be integrated with rest of the Kashmiris across the border. I think the only viable solution should keep this in mind and both countries should respect that. It depends on the political will from both governments and a commitment to stick to it.

i don't think there is any concern among the kashmiris , it all a propoganda by few only , and one can note exclude kashmiri pandits from the been called kashmiries..

i don't think there is any concern among the kashmiris , it all a propoganda by few only , and one can note exclude kashmiri pandits from the been called kashmiries..
Some things are over exaggerated in the media for sure, but there are families who have been separated across the border and I feel reuniting them would solve a major chunk of the problem. Plus making the borders irrelevant in the Kashmir valley would allow both sides to relax on the military build up... leading to a more relaxed atmosphere. Little things won't flare up and people could focus on developing their local economy and create opportunities for themselves.

Before the usual bickering settles in.. and this thread has to be closed eventually..
Even if Kashmir is resolved.. amicably..
There are other minor disputes.. especially regarding water..

Some things are over exaggerated in the media for sure, but there are families who have been separated across the border and I feel reuniting them would solve a major chunk of the problem. Plus making the borders irrelevant in the Kashmir valley would allow both sides to relax on the military build up... leading to a more relaxed atmosphere. Little things won't flare up and people could focus on developing their local economy and create opportunities for themselves.

there were famlies separated across the border even in rajasthan areas and in rest of india-pakistan as well..

Back
Top Bottom