What's new

Katju for pardoning Sanjay Dutt for acting in Munnabhai among other things

@Skull and Bones though i am not against the jail term given to Dutt, but for god sake it has been complete 20 years!!!!

Imagine the trauma he must have been through.

Either speed up the judicial process or just free the person.

as they say, Justice Delayed is Justice Denied.

He should have thought about that before keeping the assault rifle. He has my sympathies, but justice cannot be denied. He's not the only Indian suffered from delayed judgement. An isolated case of forgiving the convict will create an uproar, which will be undesirable.

Last edited by a moderator:
He should have thought about that before keeping the assault rifle. He has my sympathies, but justice cannot be denied. He's not the only Indian suffered from delayed judgement. An isolated case of forgiving the convict will create an uproar, which will be undesirable.

I am not saying exclusively for him.

I am talking in General.

20 years for Judgement in any case is simply not done.

@arp2041 At least now people will understand the importance of Decision of Courts.

He didn't spend 20 years in Jail.

Same can't be said of so many innocents locked up in Indian Jails without even conviction. Will Bollywood raise voice for them ?

Hypocrite Indians.

I am not saying exclusively for him.

I am talking in General.

20 years for Judgement in any case is simply not done.

He's responsible for the delays. You can't blame the legal proceedings for it, he was convicted way back in 2006. The only thing that can be done is setting up several fast track courts, not mercy to any random convict.

There exists a certain class of people in India who thing they are beyond the law, & celebrities are one of them. Once in a while when someone of their own has to go through this process, it suddenly becomes a culture shock for them. 'cause they think they are beyond this & you'll have a beeline of actors, media persons, politicians & clowns like katju acting as their cheerleaders. Otherwise you'l not have someone like Salman Khan getting exempted from court appearance 83 times in past 10 yrs.

There exists a certain class of people in India who thing they are beyond the law, & celebrities are one of them. Once in a while when someone of their own has to go through this process, it suddenly becomes a culture shock for them. 'cause they think they are beyond this & you'll have a beeline of actors, media persons, politicians & clowns like katju acting as their cheerleaders. Otherwise you'l not have someone like Salman Khan getting exempted from court appearance 83 times in past 10 yrs.

The attitude of them, or the mindset should not be the case here, but the lax law and its implementation should be.
It is most likely that he will be pardoned by Congress Governor.
In the USA hardly such life style

The attitude of them, or the mindset should not be the case here, but the lax law and its implementation should be.
It is most likely that he will be pardoned by Congress Governor.
In the USA hardly such life style

Ofcourse.. 'cause of the lack of implementation of this law to the selected few, gives them the kind of superiority complex we are talking about. As I said, it's the people including politicians, media & the rest who act as their cheerleaders makes them larger than life figure in India. I don't just blame celebrities for this...

Ofcourse.. 'cause of the lack of implementation of this law to the selected few, gives them the kind of superiority complex we are talking about. As I said, it's the people including politicians, media & the rest who act as their cheerleaders makes them larger than life figure in India. I don't just blame celebrities for this...

If he got a pardon from governor, thats it.
Political bias is so prevalant in India, cant even describe it in terms.

put Salman khan too behind the bars. that idiot deserves it more than Sanjay dutt

Everybody is running to get him Pardon. Question is why..? I thought Indian Constitution believes in the principles of " Equality before Law " and " Equal protection of Law".

Lakhs of people are spending years in Jail without a single hearing. There can not be two laws. I hope at least some parties oppose this Pardon movement.

Katju has just left an NDTV debate when one panelist questioned him why he is giving his opinion when he holds a constitutional post of PCI Chairman. He even called Nidhi Razdan a unfit anchor who can't control her guests.

This man thinks he is the ultimate authority and no one can question him

Everybody is running to get him Pardon. Question is why..? I thought Indian Constitution believes in the principles of " Equality before Law " and " Equal protection of Law".

Lakhs of people are spending years in Jail without a single hearing. There can not be two laws. I hope at least some parties oppose this Pardon movement.

BJP already opposed this pardon movement

@KRAIT @Skull and Bones was just watching NDTV debate where Katju was present.

I got to know How HYPOKRAIT one can get.

These are some of the reasons why he wants Pardon for Dutt:

1. His Parents use to do SOCIAL service (as if, in India, you can walk free of murder when your parents perform some social work).

2. He has children (can you beat that??).

3. He has worked as Munna Bhai spreading message of Gandhi (Yes, after he breached the very first principle of Gandhi - Non Violence).

4. He is not a Terrorist like other 99 accused under TADA (Yes, who said he is anyways?? He got punishment for crime in Arms act).

among some other trivial reasons.

The most important thing is that when a Panelist asked the most important question to him that how can you appeal for pardon for an individual while sitting on a Statutory post of PCI chairperson??

He just simply walked away from DEBATE :disagree:

Back
Top Bottom