What's new

Kashmiris to Observe Indian ''Republic Day'' as Black Day

Top BJP leaders arrested on way to Srinagar

By INDO-ASIAN NEWS SERVICE

Published: Jan 26, 2011 00:54 Updated: Jan 26, 2011 00:54

LAKHANPUR, India: More than 300 Bharaitya Janata Party (BJP) workers, including top leaders Arun Jaitley and Sushma Swaraj, entered Jammu and Kashmir as part of the party's controversial flag-hoisting march to Srinagar and were arrested for violating prohibitory orders.

The BJP workers showed the victory sign as they crossed Lakhanpur bridge across Ravi River from Punjab and declared that they have entered Jammu and Kashmir as promised.

"We are here in Jammu and Kashmir, this is a slap on the government that showed its fascist tendencies by deporting us yesterday," said Swaraj before she was arrested.

The authorities had imposed prohibitory orders, banning assembly of five or more people, in Kathua district that borders Punjab Monday night.

Holding aloft the national flag and shouting slogans, the first batch of 500 BJP Ekta Yatra marchers entered Jammu and Kashmir from Punjab, removing the police barricades put up to stop them.

The marchers chanted slogans like "Bharat Mata Ki Jai" and "Lal Chowk Jayenge" (We'll march to Lal Chowk in Srinagar).

The march is led by Anurag Thakur, president of Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha, the youth wing of the BJP.

Around 2,000 BJP youth wing workers and leaders have gathered in Madhopur, at the other end of the bridge in Punjab to enter Jammu and Kashmir as part of their planned flag-hoisting in Srinagar's Lal Chowk on Republic Day Wednesday.

Some of the BJP activists were loaded into buses and taken to an undisclosed destination. "Crossed the bridge. The road is blocked. We have been stopped," BJP leader Sushma Swaraj, who is leading the march, tweeted.

The controversial march to the state battling a separatist campaign since 1989 is planned to culminate at Srinagar's Lal Chowk, a historic square witness to many political events of the troubled state, including first prime minister Jawaharlal Nehru's address in 1947.

Amritsar MP Navjot Singh Sidhu led the second batch of marchers later in the evening.

The Jammu and Kashmir government has not given permission for the BJP's march, Ekta Yatra or the national unity march, for it believes that it may reignite tension in the state where calm has prevailed after months of unrest and deadly street protests last summer.

Top BJP leaders arrested on way to Srinagar - Arab News

Indian opposition supporters vow to march to Kashmir

JAMMU (Reuters) – Thousands of Indian Hindu-nationalist opposition supporters massed on a bridge to the disputed Kashmir region on Tuesday as officials sought to stop a flag-raising ceremony that could spark violence.

Police faced off with flag-waving Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) workers as authorities sealed routes into Kashmir to thwart the planned raising of the national flag in the state that has been racked by unrest by Muslim separatists opposed to Indian rule.

Police forced about 7,000 marchers on to buses and drove them away, police sources said, while the remaining 2,500 protesters attempting to cross the border from the Jammu region into Kashmir faced arrest or detention.

Officials in Kashmir fear that the symbolic show of Indian central control over the disputed region could reignite separatist protests in which more than 100 people were killed last year.

The BJP has gained political ground through recent pressure on the ruling coalition struggling with graft and it hopes to show the government's weakness on Kashmir, a potent symbol of India's territorial integrity, with state elections looming.

But the main opposition party risks a backlash. The government has criticized it for “divisive politics” and its nationalistic rhetoric may alienate secular Indians and other political parties.

tehran times : Indian opposition supporters vow to march to Kashmir

Also please dont tell me you need a youtube video of asoka of 200BC to get u convinced next.

Did Ashoka make a Facebook page for himself? Bet you Chandragupta must have been Tweeting all the time.:yahoo:

Yeah Surely ... They're All Hindus by heart If not Hindus by faith.

Yeah Surely ... They're All Hindus by heart If not Hindus by faith.

Advice: get some rest..here have a cookie..*hands a cookie*. Hey if it makes you happy, i can lie and tell you i bought every bit of your posts.

Kashmiris to Observe Indian ''Republic Day'' as Black Day

By a Pakistani Friend on Another Forum

''Goes on to show how much the Kashmiri's love India ... I mean they are having issues raising their country's flag in Indian part of Kashmir !''

Today's Events have Exposed Indian Lies about Kashmir Well.

A Prayer for My Kashmiri Brothers

Jazakum Allah Kher my Kashmiri Berethern. May Allah Almighty grant you the liberation from Brutal and Inhuman state of India and take all your sorrows away. Ameen. You are the bravest people on earth who are not keeping quite infront of the brutal oppressors, who even drag you out of your homes and take you to torture in torture cells for letting the world know about the henious crimes of Indian occupying forces. My Salute to you ... My Sallam to you. You are the greatest Mujahideen of this age. Who are doing their Jihaad with your tounges, pens, facebook pages and stones in your hands. May Allah Almighty Bless you, and destroy your enemy. Ameen. YaRabulAlameen.

Tehreek-e-Azaadi-e-Kashmir Zindabaad

Zalim-O-Jabir Hindustan Murdabaad

Last edited:
You must be Praveen Togadia in disguise! Last time same statement was made by him! :lol:

Statements like these prove Bajrang Dalis have many common trait with people like Mr Khan.

Both claim Akhand Bharat whereas in reality no sane Indian want a piece of that land and bring more problems than we already have :P

Back
Top Bottom