What's new

Kashmiri Song: Zoon Tarakh Intizarus

The name Kashmir itself has Sanskrit origin and trace the words of many words of Kashmiri language to Sanskrit. :wacko: @SarthakGanguly your input needed to these delusionists. :omghaha:

Kashmiri language is related only to Shina language in neighboring Gilgit and Kohistan areas. Both kashmiri and Shina are the oldest proto dardic languages , Rigvedic Sanksrit is their sister language that is why they share many words with rigvedic sanskrit (not with classical sanskrit). Some of the proto indo-iranic words in kashmiri and shina languages predate even the rigvedic sanskrit.

Last edited:
Kashmiri language is related only to Sheena language in neighboring Gilgit and Kohistan areas. Both kashmiri and Sheena are the oldest proto dardic languages , Rigvedic Sanksrit is their sister language that is why they share many words with rigvedic sanskrit (not with classical sanskrit). Some of the indo-iranians words in kashmiri and sheena language predate even the rigvedic sanskrit.

I believe this is your own imagination. BTW, do you know about the mythology about the origin of the name Kashmir. ;)

I never met any Pakistani kashmiri who speak this koshur lanaguges and we live close to azad kashmiri . Majority people in Muzaffarabad mostly speak Pahari/Potohari, Majhi, Chhachi and Gojri dialects of kashmiri

I've met quite a few. My mother speaks it fluently as does her entire extended family. However we chose to use Phari mostly. Lot's of folk speak it in Muzaffarabad. You have to ask, otherwise they presume you just speak Phari.

I believe this is your own imagination. BTW, do you know about the mythology about the origin of the name Kashmir. ;)

Only stupid superstitious hindus of india believe in so-called Mythology, the rest of the world looks at things with more rational approach.

Not much difference between Pothohari or pahari. I understand boht very well. I never had any trouble with speaking or understanding Pakistani Kashmiri and even Hindko speaker..

Potwari does have some differences, mostly words e.g." gachnya". But on the whole yes you can understand.

The close you get to the differing borders Azad Kashmir shares with other regions e.g. Northern areas, then you get more words in Shina.

Only stupid superstitious hindus of india believe in so-called Mythology, the rest of the world looks at things with more rational approach.

your opinion hardly matters for me, my point is people aware of this ancient mythology that comes from Hinduism. ;)

your opinion hardly matters for me, my point is people aware of this ancient mythology that comes from Hinduism. ;)

Hindus can invent as many mythologies as they want, they have been doing it for thousands of years. Their invented mythologies are NOT going to change anything on the ground.

I've met quite a few. My mother speaks it fluently as does her entire extended family. However we chose to use Phari mostly. Lot's of folk speak it in Muzaffarabad. You have to ask, otherwise they presume you just speak Phari.
yea true but most of those who speak this language were migrated from Kashmir valley after partition or live in border areas of Neelum as kasmir shamseer guy pointed out but they are tiny minority.

Potwari does have some differences, mostly words e.g." gachnya". But on the whole yes you can understand.

The close you get to the differing borders Azad Kashmir shares with other regions e.g. Northern areas, then you get more words in Shina.
I mean even pothwari vary from region to region .for example some people say word gachnya some say julloo/julyaan..some say gaseeo/gaseeaan. all mean same going

Last edited:
yea true but most of those who speak this language were migrated from Kashmir valley after partition or live in border areas of Neelum as kasmir shamseer guy pointed out but they are tiny minority.

They are also in substantial numbers in Mirpur i.e. Bhatts, Jilanis, Dars, Kwajas etc. But one small problem. Hardly any speak Koshur anymore.....

I mean even pothwari vary from region to region .for example some people say word gachnya some say julloo/julyaan..some say gaseeo/gaseeaan. all mean same going

I'd be interested to know how many people speak it. I think it could be one of the largest languages in Pakistan.

One thing is strange, Punjabis don't understand it. Even though they border Pothwar regions.

I'd be interested to know how many people speak it. I think it could be one of the largest languages in Pakistan.

One thing is strange, Punjabis don't understand it. Even though they border Pothwar regions.
But i have seen some pashtuns in kahuta region speaking pothwari and i dont know how but their accent sound great. I mean some pashtuns had troubel in speaking urdu but when they speak Punjabi or pothwari it seem perfect. Pothwari is normally a language of pothwar region i.e Rawalpindi and surrounding areas thats why people in central Punjab struggle to understand all of it but we can understand them well..

I saw many kashmiri mirpuri who weer living in landi kotal khyber agnecy because they had business of sweets over there and they were also speaking perfect pashtu :)

But i have seen some pashtuns in kahuta region speaking pothwari and i dont know how but their accent sound great. I mean some pashtuns had troubel in speaking urdu but when they speak Punjabi or pothwari it seem perfect. Pothwari is normally a language of pothwar region i.e Rawalpindi and surrounding areas thats why people in central Punjab struggle to understand all of it but we can understand them well..

I saw many kashmiri mirpuri who weer living in landi kotal khyber agnecy because they had business of sweets over there and they were also speaking perfect pashtu :)

Ha! Great to see other cultural groups speaking each other's tongues so well. Come to think about it. Pakhtuns tend to be the most multilingual people in Pakistan. I have met several who can speak Pashto, Baluchi, Hindko/phari, Punjabi and of course urdu.

Only solution is the name change which is impossible. :omghaha::omghaha:

Why name change, Kashmir does not belong to any hindu mythology, it is all hindu inventions. Kashmir is a word whose meaning is unkown, just because some hindus invented some myth about its name does not make that myth as the origin of the name of Kashmir.

Back
Top Bottom