What's new

Kashmir | The Geopolitical Implications & its impact on regional peace and security

If pakistan had gone to the UN instead of fighting against India situation may have been tough for India. But since pak has fought not once nor twice but thrice and lost, it has lost the moral authority to talk about kashmir. India will use all means possible to tackle kashmir situation and no country or organization has the capability to separate kashmir from India since India has invested heavily in kashmir and the only possible solution is converting LoC into an international border.

I never said it'd be easy....

Tibet, and Baluchistan are different issues. Cooperation of both sides would be required on the table.

Do folks honestly expect to drag Kashmir forever?

Isn't this precisely the question we are asking our Pakistani friends?

They have themselves testified that as their state trails further and further behind, their successive efforts at seeking a military solution have met with less and less success. How long do they intend to do this geopolitical Haka dance?

Isn't this precisely the question we are asking our Pakistani friends?

They have themselves testified that as their state trails further and further behind, their successive efforts at seeking a military solution have met with less and less success. How long do they intend to do this geopolitical Haka dance?

Well, I don't think that cross-border militancy is going to go anywhere either.

Though, turning the LOC into an international border doesn't sound bad either. Kashmir is like a caged princess.

Demilitarize P()K first Pakistan and curb the terror network. There is no other option left anymore you have used all the other ones without any outcome. Then Pak Army would be out of work giving way to prosperous Pakistan. Which is not in Armies interest so it will continue....Move along people

Well, I don't think that cross-border militancy is going to go anywhere either.

Though, turning the LOC into an international border doesn't sound bad either. Kashmir is like a caged princess.
It is the crown of INDIA.

We've fought wars on it, we won't give it. EVER

A politically correct way to decide the fate of Kashmir either through UN or Muslim world. Otherwise a covert ops using only PA military personnel which is risky by itself because if caught will bring a bad name for Pakistan.

I would probably get ready for a negative rating because i personally think that supporting freedom fighters in kashmir is not good step by Pakistan (though i am in favour of Kashmir liberation from india) because:

1. From past it has been seen that freedom fighters or mujahideen in Afghanistan who later became Taliban and some formed other factions Al-Qaida have proved to be a problem for Pakistan internationally. TTP sprung up through foreign assistance against Pakistan. Then the good and bad Taliban scenario came up. This quagmire still continues after taking a toll of precious Pakistani lives both civilian and uniformed.

2. Arming a civilian population is always risky. Any one fighting for their freedom have a motivation, usually patriotism. Such civilians when attain their goal and get their land freed may not sit in peace and harmony if the new occupier or the new Government is not functioning according to their will and wishes. They have learnt a way of attaining freedom through weapons and will again do the same.

3. Bringing a hard-lined weapon-trained fighter back to into community as a peaceful civilian with a decent job after freedom is not an easy task. The kashmiri freedom fighters number in thousands.

For kashmir freedom from India, there are a few scenarios and both are dangerous for Pakistan:

Kashmir becomes an Independent country/state:
Although rare chances of this, Pakistan already has a war torn country to its west, Afghanistan and the militancy issue there through Taliban/AQ/ISIS is ever continuing. Then a new country (Kashmir) will be formed and will have the same issue because it would have won its independence on same lines like Afghanistan in 1980's. A new "Taliban" type Government may be formed. Pakistan will have a problem again with Azad Kashmir-New independent kashmir people relations and links just like Pukhtoon-FATA link with Afghanistan. and secondly what if the new independent Kashmir now wants Azad-kashmir also included in it. Do bear in mind that the new independent Kashmir has thousands of trained fighters who are patriotic and fully weaponised.

Kashmir becomes Part of Pakistan:
Part of same issue outlined already. Integrating trained fighters into a civilian community is very difficult. FATA is a very good example of this. Lal masjid scenario is the same. These fighters have been trained to handle weapons and sought solutions with force and guns, not by law and order. If they dont find things going their way, they will resort to weapons again.

Secondly what if they dont want to put down weapons at all, most of the trained fighters in FATA have left for Afghanistan, but where will the Kashmiri fighters go now, and Kashmiri fighters may want to fight by going into:
1. Syria, joining ISIS.
2. Palestine, fighting Israel
3. Afghanistan, joining taliban and fighting USA/NATO.
or any other muslim oppressed area in the world.

Thirdly, China and Pakistan are very close. If these fighters now want Aksai-Chin part or J&K part also from China, will pakistan be able to convince these fighters to put down weapons against China through talks.

Last edited:
@Imran Khan

How do you expect Kashmiris to arm themselves or sustain the struggle without outside support in post A35 and A370 region?

The amount of effort required to stop people flocking to the Kashmir cause is too much for any government.

@Imran Khan

How do you expect Kashmiris to arm themselves or sustain the struggle without outside support in post A35 and A370 region?

The amount of effort required to stop people flocking to the Kashmir cause is too much for any government.
if you read the plan of former Prime Minister of Norway Kjell Magne Bondevik and talks were going on between ind and pak i am optimist one of his 5 solutions suits pakistan and india both . all i want that damn talks start and reach on result from that plan . please search it find it and read . there is no need of arms what that plan .
It is the crown of INDIA.

We've fought wars on it, we won't give it. EVER
you lost more then half already dear

1620928877318.png

Attachments

• 1620928878525.png
    1620928878525.png
    7 MB · Views: 41
if you read the plan of former Prime Minister of Norway Kjell Magne Bondevik and talks were going on between ind and pak i am optimist one of his 5 solutions suits pakistan and india both . all i want that damn talks start and reach on result from that plan . please search it find it and read . there is no need of arms what that plan .

Why do you think India and Pakistan would agree to a 3rd party plan made thousands of kms away?

You would always need arms. There are grieving parties to Kashmir issue in all continents of the world.

Even peace requires an army

Why do you think India and Pakistan would agree to a 3rd party plan made thousands of kms away?

You would always need arms. There are grieving parties to Kashmir issue in all continents of the world.

Even peace requires an army
because its best plan and suits both of them . i think you dont know Kjell Magne Bondevik he is world famous for solving territoral disputes . in his plan we all got something and we leave somthing . even modi meet him and let him meet kashmiris and give him free hand in occupied kashmir . that plan is really nice and it can bring peace in south asia forever . he visited both kashmirs india and pakistan for fixing issue . but then modi have elections and he created mess .

because its best plan and suits both of them . i think you dont know Kjell Magne Bondevik he is world famous for solving territoral disputes . in his plan we all got something and we leave somthing . even modi meet him and let him meet kashmiris and give him free hand in occupied kashmir . that plan is really nice and it can bring peace in south asia forever . he visited both kashmirs india and pakistan for fixing issue . but then modi have elections and he created mess .

does the plan include how to control the roughly 500 million people who now see the conflict beyond it's originality of being just territorial?

you are blaming Modi for only harvesting the seed sown for decades.

the territorial dispute has morphed itself into a clash of civilisation

does the plan include how to control the roughly 500 million people who now see the conflict beyond it's originality of being just territorial?

you are blaming Modi for only harvesting the seed sown for decades.

the territorial dispute has morphed itself into a clash of civilisation
yes there is plan for kasmiri people too please read i think you will like it , its only possible thing we have .

yes there is plan for kasmiri people too please read i think you will like it , its only possible thing we have .
How elusive is it to get a hold of it? Just post it

RAJA SAKHI DALER KHAN

main-qimg-5d95d0ea142d4808516759935f212e39

above (left)

Khan, was born in a village in Kotli, present day Pakistan-administered-Kashmir.

He was initially affiliated with the Indian national Congress, but later left and joined the Muslim League, during the early forties.

Towards independence, he visited the Prime Minsister & Maharaja of Kashmir, Ram Chandra Kak, and Hari Singh, asking them about their plans regarding the fate of Kashmir, i.e joining India or Pakistan.

He had a hint that the Maharaja was considering other options. He therefore felt that Kashmir’s Muslims were in a state of danger.

He along with his fellows published the Azad Kashmir Pamphlet on the 17th of July, 1947, which supported the state’s accession to Pakistan.

As partition neared, a rebellion broke out in Poonch, Jammu and Kashmir, which is where Khan’s hometown was also located. The Maharaja began to massacre Muslims in a bid to the crush the rebellion. Around 2,37,000 Muslims were killed in the state’s Jammu division.

Khan, along with another prominent commander, led Pakistani irregulars and troops into Kashmir, on the 22nd of October, 1947.

The troops went to the aid of their fellow Muslims and captured the Western parts of the state.

main-qimg-d47ef18c3d5ce0342f86c490b1289768

A map of the region, depicting the Pakistani advancement into Kashmir

The Maharaja fled to Jammu. And his state troops were badly defeated. This prevented the rest of the Muslims of Kashmir from falling into the hands of the Dogra troops. If it weren’t for Daler Khan, Muslims would’ve been totally wiped off from Jammu and Azad Jammu & Kashmir wouldn’t be free today.

Back
Top Bottom