What's new

Kashmir | The Geopolitical Implications & its impact on regional peace and security

I think you all are forgetting that India is one of the future major economic powers. The West is catering to it as the West needs India. India knows it and thats why it has been able to keep Kashmir isssue out of the limelight. The West doesn't care as it is only muslims who are dying there. Not like east Timor or South Sudan where the population was Christians and the West helped them both to gain independence.
So nothing is going to happen. India will get away with it and we will only be wasting time waiting for the World to wake up.

I think you all are forgetting that India is one of the future major economic powers. The West is catering to it as the West needs India. India knows it and thats why it has been able to keep Kashmir isssue out of the limelight. The West doesn't care as it is only muslims who are dying there. Not like east Timor or South Sudan where the population was Christians and the West helped them both to gain independence.
So nothing is going to happen. India will get away with it and we will only be wasting time waiting for the World to wake up.

Nothing happened even when we were at the weakest point in the past and Pakistan was backed by the entire west via CEATO and CENTO plus the Chinese, Arabs, Iranians, Brits and practically entire Muslim world including Iran. So yeah, you are right you are wasting your time and ours as well.

Kashmir was a paradise with nil crimes - forget killings, for the decades that preceded 1989 when Pakistan started sending the mujadaheens and till date the terrorists that come across the borders and the radical shyteheads who brainwash the Kashmiri youths to become jihadists are the reasons for the bloodshed in the valley.

23000 plus terrorists (mostly Pakistani origin terrorists) and a few thousand Indian troops have lost their lives (includes the deaths that occured in the Kargil and Siachen conflict) and a few thousand deaths of Kashmiri locals have died (mostly at the hands of the terrorists). - the deaths of Indian troops is an great obligation on us that needs to be repaid back multifold with interest.

u r one smart pakistani.... ;)

The Kashmir issue can be resolved only bilaterally not through any referendum

In other words, what Kashmiris want doesn't matter and what Pakistan and India want does?

I am against this logic, i believe that the people of that part of the world have a God given right to decide for themselves, nor India or Pakistan have the right to call shots on their behalf.

The issue of Kashmir is that, ironically it matters what Pakistanis and Indians say, while no one cares about what the Kashmiri people have to say.

India won't allow a referendum because Kashmir is an 'integral part of India'. :rolleyes:

Never will India conduct a referendum.

They are hoping that, as their economic engagement with the world powers grows, they will not raise the Kashmir issue and slowly people will give up on their demand for self determination by accepting colonialism. It hasn't worked historically and it will not work in the future. The final winners will be the Kashmiri people.

Why do you think India is not toying with the idea of changing the demographics of Kashmir. If you see J&K census since 1947, there has been a increase in Hindu population in Kashmir.

If Chinese can do it Tibet and Pakistan can do it in occupied Kashmir, why do you think India hasn't done it yet.

In other words, what Kashmiris want doesn't matter and what Pakistan and India want does?

I am against this logic, i believe that the people of that part of the world have a God given right to decide for themselves, nor India or Pakistan have the right to call shots on their behalf.

Yup even i think that ,It was very sad that part of Kashmiris Kashmir was handed over to China by Pakistan, and yet claim Kashmir is close to Pakistans heart.

I thought India already promised to give Kashmir a referendum, half a century ago?

Now that is a strange bit of hypocrisy. Indians are always going on about Tibet, even though Tibet is not recognized as a disputed region by anyone in the world. And obviously, China is not a democracy, so we don't do referendums.

Whereas India is supposed to be a democracy, and not only that, but they also promised a referendum to Kashmir.

Why not?

Let Pakistani forces and all Pakistanis leave Kashmiri territory as was the UN pre-requisite for the referendum ..let Chinese return the part of Kashmir which Pakistanis gifted them for appeasement and then we can have a referendum.

So lets forget about Pakistanis for a minute since you are Chinese, who so deeply cares about Kashmiri rights perhaps you can guide me, when will Chinese give back Kashmiri territory(recognized as a part of Kashmir as per the same UNSC resolutions). So that Kashmiris are but a one step closer to 'self determination'.

Why not?

Let Pakistani forces and all Pakistanis leave Kashmiri territory as was the UN pre-requisite for the referendum ..let Chinese return the part of Kashmir which Pakistanis gifted them for appeasement and then we can have a referendum.

So lets forget about Pakistanis for a minute since you are Chinese, who so deeply cares about Kashmiri rights perhaps you can guide me, when will Chinese give back Kashmiri territory(recognized as a part of Kashmir as per the same UNSC resolutions). So that Kashmiris are but a one step closer to 'self determination'.

I don't care about the people of Kashmir, they are not Chinese citizens so they are not my concern.

Self-determination and referendums are core to Democratic principles. We are not a Democracy, so again, it is irrelevant.

And Aksai Chin is a part of Chinese sovereign territory.

Just because a white Englishman called MacArthur drew a line across Asian territory does not mean anything at all. White Englishmen have no authority to carve lines across Asian territories, their land is on the other side of the planet.

I don't care about the people of Kashmir, they are not Chinese citizens so they are not my concern.

Self-determination and referendums are core to Democratic principles. We are not a Democracy, so again, it is irrelevant.

You hit the nail on the head when you said you are not a democracy...perhaps that's is why it is so difficult for you to grasp, that democracy is a method of selecting one's govt and not one's nation.

A referendum in Kashmir has nothing to do democracy but is one of the suggested methods of dispute resolution.

And Aksai Chin is a part of Chinese sovereign territory.

Just because a white Englishman called MacArthur drew a line across Asian territory does not mean anything at all. White Englishmen have no authority to carve lines across Asian territories, their land is on the other side of the planet.

Well the problem for you is the yellow gentlemen who were in charge at that time accepted those lines and signed a document saying so.
The same white gentleman(English, Americans,Russians, French) were the ones who decided on referendum as method of deciding the fate of kaleidoscope kashmris and as you say white people sitting thousands of miles away have no business in deciding.
. What happens in South Asia. ..we agree.

Last edited:
Well the problem for you is the yellow gentlemen who were in charge at that time accepted those lines and signed a document saying so

Except they didn't.

The Chinese government never accepted those lines drawn by the white Englishmen.

Neither did Indians, they signed on your behalf.

Except they didn't.

The Chinese government never accepted those lines drawn by the white Englishmen.

Neither did Indians, they signed on your behalf.

And who is Chinese govt back then... You had no writ over the areas when the lines were being demarcated.
Those who did, accepted those lines.

Those lines might have demarcated on our behalf but we do accept them. . Just like we and Pakistanis accept the Radclife line demarcating the India Pakistan border. Or how Pakistanis govt accepts Durand line demarcating Pak-afghan border

Nothing happened even when we were at the weakest point in the past and Pakistan was backed by the entire west via CEATO and CENTO plus the Chinese, Arabs, Iranians, Brits and practically entire Muslim world including Iran. So yeah, you are right you are wasting your time and ours as well.

Kashmir was a paradise with nil crimes - forget killings, for the decades that preceded 1989 when Pakistan started sending the mujadaheens and till date the terrorists that come across the borders and the radical shyteheads who brainwash the Kashmiri youths to become jihadists are the reasons for the bloodshed in the valley.

23000 plus terrorists (mostly Pakistani origin terrorists) and a few thousand Indian troops have lost their lives (includes the deaths that occured in the Kargil and Siachen conflict) and a few thousand deaths of Kashmiri locals have died (mostly at the hands of the terrorists). - the deaths of Indian troops is an great obligation on us that needs to be repaid back multifold with interest.

I think you got the wrong idea. We are wasting time talking peace with India. The only way to get back at India is through proxy war again in Kashmir. Anyway, very soon we will have aconfrontation with India over water rights. So why waste time.
Yeh to is par yeh us par.

:sniper:

u r one smart pakistani.... ;)

Well u r one not so smart indian. I meant no point having peace with india without Kashmir issue. Forget the west coming to aid Kashmiri with their rights. No one is going to help them. We would just have to start sending fighters back and wake up the indians.

Well u r one not so smart indian. I meant no point having peace with india without Kashmir issue. Forget the west coming to aid Kashmiri with their rights. No one is going to help them. We would just have to start sending fighters back and wake up the indians.

i nvr said m smart.....but u r definitely one smart pakistani

rarest of the rare ;)

The issue of Kashmir is that, ironically it matters what Pakistanis and Indians say, while no one cares about what the Kashmiri people have to say.

India won't allow a referendum because Kashmir is an 'integral part of India'. :rolleyes:

All of you guys talk about Kashmiri Muslims,but none of you consider lakhs of Kashmiri Pandits,tortured
raped and displaced from their land of kashmir valley before and after for short time of 1948 kashmir war.They tortured ,raped and displaced by pakistani invading forces and tribes like patanis.Now all they live in Jammu and Delhi area.This western lady dont considered that.Presently kashmir valley is majority of muslims because valleys owners kashmiri pandits displaced from there.

Then India is the only country in the world who doesn't consider it disputed. The whole world refers to it as disputed. I am sure you mean the entire world doesn't matter to you that way. Indians aren't any special to be treated above the law in case you haven't noticed till now. It is a disputed territory and would remain so as long as the issue isn't resolved no matter how much you whine or utter insults.

Jammu and Kashmiris is integral part of India.And it will be remain as integral part of India.take it or leave it .we just dont care.

Back
Top Bottom