What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
The winds of change are blowing. You guys may be hard liners stuck in your old ways, but I think the current beating the Indian Security forces got, while trying to stop Anti-India protests, must've pierced the hearts and minds of at least a few of the Indians on the sub-continent that definitely no matter how many times they'd say it to themselves - all is not well in Kashmir.
While these students are still beating around the bush, but they've finally started to debate the inevitable outcome for Kashmir - Kashmiris are no fans of India.
What? Where?
Did you even read the comments carefully?

All the commentators say that deploying the army inside population centers is a wrong move. But that is the perception of a part of the civilian population. However most commentators say that the present situation warrants the presence of the Army, because of a lack of proper riot control training imparted to the J&K police and the CRPF.

If you read those comments again, you will notice that many students asked for transparency and better accountability by the Government of the state to address genuine concerns of the people. What is not well in Kashmir is the lackadaisical attitude of the state government in dealing with people's problems. Apart from that, most commentators support the right to protest, so that the government gets a perspective of the people's problems. They also say that there are certain types of protests which are acceptable and some which are NOT. And in such cases, though many are not happy about it, the Army's deployment is justified.

Show me where in the comments you posted does anyone mention what you claim in your comments.

Power through, this just shows that the Indian establishment is falling powerless in front of the power of the people!

Girti hui dewaron ko, ek dhaka aur doh!

You are correct. India is ruled by Indians.
As for your hypothesis, why not take consideration of all Indians in it?

As for deewar, deewar can not give answer my firend but.... ;)

Even Nehru had this attitude but faced with the Direct Action protests the entire smug attitude came crashing down on 14th August, 1947.

You are correct. India is ruled by Indians.
As for your hypothesis, why not take consideration of all Indians in it?

As for deewar, deewar can not give answer my firend but.... ;)

where this dewar etc came from ????

are these daily payed stone pelters pushing a Dewar????

This remids me of a incident.................recently I was in Udaipur..........a very nice couple from Japan was in our tour group..........in the palace our guide told them to PUSH THE WALL HARD.................they started pushing the wall................after a moment Guide told them .....WHAT happened ???..........Nothing can Happen..........its a wall damm it:partay:

It's a start, the newer generations have finally started to reflect upon what they are doing to a free and independent nation.

Justifying force and violence to satiate Indian thirst for tyranny would not be possible forever.

^^^ for outsiders all is well.
If something is in fact not so well, Its our internal problem and we will handle it.
You dont worry!

(the view of another Indian student)

When their is any news about Kashmir, then it becomes our problem as well, but when its the matter of Human rights violation it become the problem of the whole world

ciao

Last edited:
It's a start, the newer generations have finally started to reflect upon what they are doing to a free and independent nation.

Justifying force and violence to satiate Indian thirst for tyranny would not be possible forever.

These are the very voices which are against the deployment of Army to combat naxals. Do you suppose they also support the naxal movement? That is a ridiculous notion.

In a democracy, the civilian population is loathe to see the Army do law enforcement duties. Though the army has a very high regard among the civilian population, they are NOT welcome to indulge or interfere in day to day affairs of the state. Such matters are best left to the civilian setup, which also includes the Police forces.

And that is what the students are conveying here. Your take on those comments is wrong, AA. Your other aggrandized comments, I shall take with a pinch of salt, for I can understand your POV being as you are across the border. (Seriously? Indian thirst for tyranny??)

I guess wither you totally misread the poll and its conclusion or you are just ignoring it.

Anyways, keep shouting. Thanks.

I find all Pakistani friends are very curious about Kashmir independence !!!! as if it were their dream..
My fellow pakistani friends what ever you say about kashmir:-)blah::blah::blah:),how much you rejuvenate to see your
daydream,what ever your govt. do to back kashmir issue, kashmir will not separate from india.

all these going on people agitation( backed by anti-india element) will be just a chapter of history...just wait & watch.

Newer generation is ready to face any enemy with greater confidence which has come from the economic development and confidence that we can lead reasonably good life in the country...Dont misread newer generation...My generation expects lesser corrupt politicians and if we continue to go in thw way we are going we will hear this type of knee-jerk reactions from your side...
So. keep burning.:bunny:..--another student

all pak members r thinking that people of Kashmir r not happy with indian govt but reality is that some pak groups r behind the Kashmir riot...but don't worry indian govt. will solve this problem...

I find all Pakistani friends are very curious about Kashmir independence !!!! as if it were their dream..
My fellow pakistani friends what ever you say about kashmir:-)blah::blah::blah:),how much you rejuvenate to see your
daydream,what ever your govt. do to back kashmir issue, kashmir will not separate from india.

all these going on people agitation( backed by anti-india element) will be just a chapter of history...just wait & watch.

i hope once pak occupied kashmir will be part of india...

I salute freedom fighters of Kashmir.

I wish them early success - liberty from Indian Yoke of Slavery.

They should be free - as all humans are born free.

all pak members r thinking that people of Kashmir r not happy with indian govt but reality is that some pak groups r behind the Kashmir riot...but don't worry indian govt. will solve this problem...

Solution is SIMPLE

PLEBISCITE........................................... promised by Pundit Nehru

Where is the promise ?

I salute freedom fighters of Kashmir.

I wish them early success - liberty from Indian Yoke of Slavery.

They should be free - as all humans are born free.

keep wishing them

many came,they gone keep wishing

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom