What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
As a Kashmiri, please let me make this clear;Pakistan is NOT occupying Kashmir. I have never seen any oppression nor heard of any in Kashmir conducted by the Pakistani Army or Police. We regard oursleves as Pakistani, and the Pakistani Army as heroes. I myself have Kashmiri relatives in the army, and have relatives that have died in service to our nation. The only time we see such "Pakistan Occupied Kashmir" is in your green journalistic newspapers, no International Newspaper (and there are many established ones) have ever suggested the same.
Jammu is occupied, massacres and an oppression is clearly happening. Prove to it isn't and I'll show you a leprechaun.
Please stop posting such lies, or next time a mod will have to delete my post. Seriously, I'm not having any of this bull****.

Long Live The Resistance:smitten:
Long Live Pakistan:pakistan:

To which part of Kashmir do you belong? And, yes, there is a part of Kashmir that is occupied by Pakistan.

Actually there is a slight difference in covering faces. 1 When you are really fighting terrorists and 2 when you are illegitimately occupying someone's land.

:rofl:
:disagree:

You are wasting your time with your angelical bullshit. Me, we, Me, we Me, we, is all i can read in your 2 liner text of bullshit.:bunny:

As a Kashmiri, please let me make this clear;Pakistan is NOT occupying Kashmir. I have never seen any oppression nor heard of any in Kashmir conducted by the Pakistani Army or Police. We regard oursleves as Pakistani, and the Pakistani Army as heroes. I myself have Kashmiri relatives in the army, and have relatives that have died in service to our nation. The only time we see such "Pakistan Occupied Kashmir" is in your green journalistic newspapers, no International Newspaper (and there are many established ones) have ever suggested the same.
Jammu is occupied, massacres and an oppression is clearly happening. Prove to it isn't and I'll show you a leprechaun.

Long Live The Resistance:smitten:
Long Live Pakistan:pakistan:

1.You call yourself a Kashmiri...well,i doubt but i have no chice but I have to accept.
2.I thought Kashmiris want themselves to be liberated?why Pakistani flag brother?
3.your Pakistani views mean you from P0k..I am not surprised why you talk like that..:disagree:

Please stop posting such lies, or next time a mod will have to delete my post. Seriously, I'm not having any of this bull****

Lies ???? If I remember then I said 6 terrorists killed and that is sooooooo pleasing to hear....:lol: believe that makes me so happy to hear these terrorists being killed while trying to infiltrate.....now tak it as a BS or whatever...for me its a news that makes me happy....:azn:

Srinagar: Foreigners will be allowed to climb nearly 100 high-altitude Himalayan peaks for the first time in Kashmir, an official said Friday.

The move by the government to allow foreign climbers follows a significant decline in violence by insurgent groups in the region since India and Pakistan started a peace process in 2004, said Farooq Ahmed Shah, a state tourism official.

The move is aimed at helping to boost tourism, an important source of income for Kashmiris and their saucer-shaped valley of fruit orchards, lakes and wildflowers.

Before the start of the insurgency by separatists in 1989, hundreds of thousands of tourists flocked to the region — known as the Switzerland of the east — to enjoy the glacier-fed streams flowing through the forests and grasslands or lounge on houseboats floating on Srinagar's Dal Lake.

''We are optimistic that the decision will give a big boost to tourism and attract more and more foreign tourists,'' Shah said.

Separatist violence caused the number of tourists to drop to a few thousand every year, deterred by travel warnings from Western governments and extensive media coverage of fighting between government forces and insurgents.

The government in the Indian state of Jammu-Kashmir declared 2010 a ''visit Kashmir year'' following an improvement in the security situation, Shah said.

''The decision has been taken at the highest level and nearly 100 peaks in Ladakh region are open for trekking and mountaineering,'' he said.

These peaks are situated at an altitude ranging from 9,840 feet (3,000 metres) to nearly 26,246 feet (8,000 metres).

The Indian climbers have been scaling those peaks for decades. Aijaz Ahmed, a travel operator, said the opening of the peaks to foreign tourists would help promote Kashmir.

''The tourism sector has suffered a lot during the last two decades. We're hopeful the decision will attract foreign tourists to the region,'' he said.

Peaks in Kashmir opened to foreigners for the first time

planning to visit Leh-ladakh this summer ..............heard from friends thats a great place

why dont, do they have another option escaping their death???

Last edited:
why dont, do they have another option escaping their death???

You people wished the situation to be like this.............
But due to GODs grace and Kashmiri peoples will the situation are normal

I was in Leh-Ladakh last year.....awesome place....too good to be true.
Make a point to pass through Kashmir.....its a heaven on earth....

No Wonder...We have Foreigners as Well as Our People from even Kerela do Trips to Leh-Ladakh on Royal Enfield Bullets...
icon7.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
We are talking about Kashmir under Indian governance,not about Kashmir under pakistan occupation.

your post is idiotic, get mental checkup, the kashmir is not in pakistan's occupation pakistan wished to give them self determinance, in accross the border, fake elections are staged and people are not free to determine their fate, see which area is under governance and which is under nazi occupation.

kashmiris from the day one rebelled indians and have not accepted mahrajahs decision which he gave by accepting indian bribe and being hindu.

You people wished the situation to be like this.............
But due to GODs grace and Kashmiri peoples will the situation are normal

we wish kashmiris to be free, kashmiris have chosen for a peaceful freedom movement, you dont ralize the lava which is going to errupt.

btw just few days bach indian railway track was destroyed by kashmiris

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom