What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
should have ignored her .... attention seeking w***e was just waiting for it ......:hitwall::hitwall:

should have ignored her .... attention seeking w***e was just waiting for it ......:hitwall::hitwall:

Dude, don't get personal. Ridicule her message if you like, but don't abuse.

i find her to be an extremely eloquent person and having read her books, I completely understand why she got the Booker prize.

In that case, it will be a pity. Just takes a little "brain" to put these guys in their place rather than a lot of "brawn". And the beauty of it is that they (Mirwaiz and party) get nothing to complain about it. Works far better.

Think about it; i hope the sangh-parivar does.

i dont disagree with you but in this situation everyone knows we have exhausted our brains to the hilt,the show of heart is also necessary.

if the govt wants to handle the situation by not doing anything,i hope they are prepared for combat when the situation gets over the edge.

Ms Roy is good, but not good enough. When Mr Nehru had made those comments, Kashmir was still not constitutionally part of India. Kashmir became so on 26 January, 1957. Earlier, on 15 February, 1954, the constituent assembly of Jammu and Kashmir had vetted the accession of Kashmir with India. So Mr Nehru was not being seditious when he made those comments in 1952.

Really, Ms Roy is turning out to be a fine caricature.

Do you think Real kashmiri's will give a thought to contitution of india. Go and check the writings on the walls of ur so called " integral part ".

RSS may not be a terrorist organization, but the value system it projects is not for a secular democracy, but more for a hindu supremacy.
I was in RSS, when I was very young(mostly because they did physical exercise in the morning in a park which I used to visit), but did not have the knowledge and information to understand that they are wrong.

When a RSS sympathizer attacks everybody else calling names, I understand their anger as well. I am not saying they are evil, mostly due to lack of proper education.

I think, most of their support base is lower middle class, who are basically angry about everything.
About the positive aspects of RSS, I can only think of, is stopping the minority appeasement policies of Govt( of all parties)and treating them as vote bank.(which was bad for all Indians).

To pakistani members, do you have a similar right wing organization in Pak? How large is their support base?

1) RSS may not be a terrorist organization, but the value system it projects is not for a secular democracy, but more for a hindu supremacy.
I was in RSS, when I was very young(mostly because they did physical exercise in the morning in a park which I used to visit), but did not have the knowledge and information to understand that they are wrong.

2)When a RSS sympathizer attacks everybody else calling names, I understand their anger as well. I am not saying they are evil, mostly due to lack of proper education.

3)I think, most of their support base is lower middle class, who are basically angry about everything.

4)About the positive aspects of RSS, I can only think of, is stopping the minority appeasement policies of Govt( of all parties)and treating them as vote bank.(which was bad for all Indians).

The answer for your 1st and 2nd parts is the 4 th one.
There is naturally some anger among the masses when the Govt appears too pro-minority at the cost of the Majority while still espousing the world "Secularism" profusely.

How many of us here are ready to accept the fact that the true meaning of the word "Secularism" has been distorted beyond recognition to favour the Vote bank politics of certain of our political parties ?

Yes RSS by their objective are a Nationalist party and hence they are naturally expected to be a bit right on the idealogical divide.But if we Indians are ever ready to embrace the Leftists why shun the right ?

I challenge you to show one,just one, modern RSS leader who has said Muslims/Christians are not Indians and only hindus are Indians.
Though it wouldnt surprise me a bit that many even many educated Indians think that the RSS holds such a view.All heil our English media ,a past master in demonising RSS.

Also the support base of the RSS cuts across caste and economic barriers -- not necessarily the lower middle class.

PS:I am going too much offtopic.But whats the big deal in Pakistanis criticising RSS when even many Indians have too many mis-conceptions about the RSS.

Last edited:
Arundhati roy (Indian Casandra) is said to have left home at 16 to live in a squatter’s colony in Delhi, earning a living collecting beer bottles. Our Lady of Recycling, who ended up in prison. She was given a three month jail sentence for obstructing the builders. Gandhi-like, she went to jail…then slunk out after 24 hours, opting to pay a 75-rupee ($1.50) fine rather than show solidarity with the humble prisoners. It seems she found an Indian prison much less spiritual than she had imagined. Rather dirty, in fact. 24 hours was just time enough to be photographed behind bars, looking fierce and defiant; after that there was no point in staying in such an unsanitary place.

RSS may not be a terrorist organization, but the value system it projects is not for a secular democracy, but more for a hindu supremacy.

When a RSS sympathizer attacks everybody else calling names, I understand their anger as well. I am not saying they are evil, mostly due to lack of proper education.

I think, most of their support base is lower middle class, who are basically angry about everything.
About the positive aspects of RSS, I can only think of, is stopping the minority appeasement policies of Govt( of all parties)and treating them as vote bank.(which was bad for all Indians).

To pakistani members, do you have a similar right wing organization in Pak? How large is their support base?

RSS has support amongst everyone.I know a lot of IITians and IIM guys who get to shakas.

Only the ones who are brainwashed by media and history textbooks think otherwise.

RSS sympathiser is essentially right wing and he attacks only those who dont put the nation's interests above other things.Infact it is he who gets called all sorts of ****.

The RW organization of pakistan is their army.

I dont mind..Charge Nehru with Sedition IF that is the sole prerequisite ...
Never liked Nehru for his over idealistic nature....Ruined the fate of my country ..

Arundhati:tdown::tdown::tdown:

freespeech_mira_400.jpg

271010satish.jpg

Seems like Kashmir is a friend of your that has been captured/arrested.

If that is case I join you in praying for his independence

Mashallah:rofl:

I think he means country of so-called Azad Kashmir will get real independence from Pakistan. Inshallah.:angel:

Do you think Real kashmiri's will give a thought to contitution of india. Go and check the writings on the walls of ur so called " integral part ".

As far as i know, Arundhati Roy is still an Indian Citizen and resident. So SHE should think of the Indian Constitution and Indian courts.

Back
Top Bottom