What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
let us divide kashmir and be happy over it..if we can divide traditional pushtoon lands between afghanistan and pakistan then why not kashmir between india and pakistan..
Somebozo ur correct brother...let us leave the kashmir as it is with LOC recognized as the international border...if we follow the policy of past 60 years then it would be counterproductive....better start a new beginning
recognize each other as MFN...then within years the bilateral will increase to more than 50 billion$$:woot::woot:...if pakistan doesnt want to counter india any more then it can more focus & economy...a win win situation for both of us....:yahoo::yahoo:
& now a days which hair oil are u using:rofl::rofl:

Actually not a bad idea at all. Under the law, Arundhati-bai as a private citizen is also empowered to move the courts, she should put her money where her mouth is.
First she has to file a complaint; then get a FIR registered, she can then serve the summons. All due process of law.
Serve the summons/ notice to whom ? Maybe Rahul Gandhi ? or Priyanka Gandhi ?

Go sue all your Indian media outlets and then tell me what I can and cannot do, I merely quoted, not added.

Its a big incident and they were obviously attempting to attack thats why they have used the term "attacking". They, Indians, said Attacking not I. Go eat their head, not mine. Except that I think they are correct and you all are merely hiding behind stupid technicalities.

Moreover, its such a stupid thing to say they were merely protesting. Mirwaiz is protesting human rights violations and they are protesting what he's doing? So basically they are supporting human rights violations? Of course not, that would be stupid, unless you're saying they are that stupid - then that's another thing, but what I'm saying is that all of this hokey is an excuse to disrupt his seminar, nothing else.

No one is interested in your interpretation of what they were 'trying' to do unless you are the leader of the BJP unit of Kolkata that was protesting. :woot:

I can also say they were only 'trying' to give a hug to Mirwaiz and you cannot disprove it. :wave:

let us divide kashmir and be happy over it..if we can divide traditional pushtoon lands between afghanistan and pakistan then why not kashmir between india and pakistan..

Actually that is the status quo and is going to be (probably till the dinosaurs return to walk the earth).
Turning the LOC in to the IB was one of the serious points of consideration between GoI and GoP in their earlier negotiations.
And will finally become the lasting fait accompli.

Both countries have otherwise more important and urgent matters to attend to.

I think its second time Farhan Haq caught telling lie ????

Why UN council not trowing him out cause he is destroying image of UN

Actually not a bad idea at all. Under the law, Arundhati-bai as a private citizen is also empowered to move the courts, she should put her money where her mouth is.
First she has to file a complaint; then get a FIR registered, she can then serve the summons. All due process of law.
Serve the summons/ notice to whom ? Maybe Rahul Gandhi ? or Priyanka Gandhi ?

God Speed !!!!

Hasb-e-rawayat, Indian civil societies question even there were offtopic and they were essentially trolling.

he is there to discuss IA human rights violations everything else is a diversion.
The problem, which you can't see for obvious reason, is with the maximalist position that Mirwaiz and his ilk have taken. So long as they represent that separatist sentiment, majority of Indians, except a few ultra-liberal leftists, wouldn't want to be seen siding with him. It means, many legitimate issues, like the alleged human rights violations by security personnel, would always get bypassed. Heck, the separatists can't even explain, among other things, what 'azadi' means.

Its a good thing that a section of Huriyat wants to reach out to the Indian intelligentsia, but alas, too little, too late. It is one thing to sit in Srinagar and raise hell through fiery speeches, it is another to sit with really smart people in an intelligent debate.

The problem, which you can't see for obvious reason, is with the maximalist position that Mirwaiz and his ilk have taken. So long as they represent that separatist sentiment, majority of Indians, except a few ultra-liberal leftists, wouldn't want to be seen siding with him. It means, many legitimate issues, like the alleged human rights violations by security personnel, would always get bypassed. Heck, the separatists can't even explain, among other things, what 'azadi' means.

Its a good thing that a section of Huriyat wants to reach out to the Indian intelligentsia, but alas, too little, too late. It is one thing to sit in Srinagar and raise hell through fiery speeches, it is another to sit with really smart people in an intelligent debate.
He is not talking about Azaadi, and while talking about Human Rights violations, nothing but the maximum adherence to human rights is what should be argued. I mean c'mon, if not the maximum, how much human rights violations should we allow Indian Army? You tell me, what is the acceptable amount of human rights violations in India?

No one is interested in your interpretation of what they were 'trying' to do unless you are the leader of the BJP unit of Kolkata that was protesting. :woot:

I can also say they were only 'trying' to give a hug to Mirwaiz and you cannot disprove it. :wave:
So, then its game on, call it what you want, and we will call it as we want it.

What a brilliant argument, if Kashmir is an integral part of India, declare Nehru as a traitor first! Nehru took Kashmir to the UN for a plebiscite!

Nehru was a die-hard idealist who thought the solution to the world's peace lay at the doorsteps of the UN while Ms.Suzanne Arundati Roy is just another bleeding heart liberal cum anarchist who seeks to lay her hand ultimately on the Nobel.

No comparison whatsoever.

PS: I dont know what she is thinking nowadays.First she alienated the BJP and now she is rubbing the Congressis the wrong way.She seems to forget Congressis are a much more violent lot than the BJP and touchy with the issues concerning Nehru-Gandhi family :D

Last edited:
So, then its game on, call it what you want, and we will call it as we want it.

But I did not call it such because I like an element of sanity in everything - in what I say and in what I hear

But then as you have made it amply clear ,this is your forum and so its ultimately your call,however it may sound.

:)

I pledge to god.
If this Geelani comes in front of me,i ll attack him,if not kill him.
Trust me,i pledge to god.

Whatever punishment,i ll take,if any.
That will be my contribution for my nation.
Still waiting to see him.
Filhaal yahan se toh dafa ho na... This type of display only makes your own nation seem psycho.

Ms Roy is good, but not good enough. When Mr Nehru had made those comments, Kashmir was still not constitutionally part of India. Kashmir became so on 26 January, 1957. Earlier, on 15 February, 1954, the constituent assembly of Jammu and Kashmir had vetted the accession of Kashmir with India. So Mr Nehru was not being seditious when he made those comments in 1952.

Really, Ms Roy is turning out to be a fine caricature.

What a brilliant argument, if Kashmir is an integral part of India, declare Nehru as a traitor first! Nehru took Kashmir to the UN for a plebiscite!

Ms Roy is good, but not good enough. When Mr Nehru had made those comments, Kashmir was still not constitutionally part of India. Kashmir became so on 26 January, 1957. Earlier, on 15 February, 1954, the constituent assembly of Jammu and Kashmir had vetted the accession of Kashmir with India. So Mr Nehru was not being seditious when he made those comments in 1952.

Really, Ms Roy is turning out to be a fine caricature.

Excellent points Pagla --- A thousand thanks. :tup:

Did she really get a Booker prize ?

Back
Top Bottom