What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
Kashmir is much more a Pakistani land than an indian land. Muslim majority Kashmir is far from the center of india, while its attached to Pakistan and is just a few miles away from the capital of Pakistan, Islamabad.

pakadmin.jpg

Both are same. The Israeli and Indian State Terrorism in these Countries that is Kashmir and Palestine is the same.

The two terrorist states i.e Israel and India are indeed collaborating in terms of weapons and terror tactics used on people of Kashmir and Palestine.

Check the record you will see same amount of killings of the innocent by these terrorist states

The last time i checked world was calling your country a terrorist state..

And about the sufferings of muslims well then doodh ke dhuley nahi ho aap log..Ab kya karey jana ji, hum log becharey Khaafir jo thaerey, bandhook uthana hi padtha hai.Woh kya hai naa aap jaisey Emaan waley musalmaan churi uthaye hum khafiro ka sar kalm karney ko daudtey jo hoo.

Ur are a journalist?? which pathetic journal house has employed u??:hitwall::hitwall:

Islamabad/Srinagar, Oct 10: Amid protests and clashes in Srinagar, a nine-month-old baby was critically injured after the police and CRPF allegedly beat him in south Kashmir’s Islamabad town this evening.

“Without any provocation, the forces barged into the house of Manzoor Ahmad Bhat, proprietor Manzoor Fabrics, in Khanabal and beat up all the inmates including women and children,” eyewitnesses told Greater Kashmir.

They alleged that a nine-month-old baby Asrar Manzoor was severely injured as he was also hit with batons in his head while he was in his mother’s lap. Asrar was shifted to the District Hospital, Islamabad.

Witnesses said Asrar’s seven-year-old brother, Arsalan Manzoor, was also severely beaten by the forces. He has sustained grievous injuries. “Besides thrashing me severely the forces didn’t even spare my mother. They beat her too,” said Arsalan, alleging that all his household belongings were ransacked. Meanwhile, youth resorted to heavy stone pelting in many areas of the old town Islamabad and Khanabal-Pahalgam (KP) road in the evening. Forces retaliated by lobbing teargas canisters and chasing away the stone pelting youth at Malakhnag, Cheeni Chowk, Reeshi Bazar,

Achabal Adda, Janglat Mandi, Lal Chowk, Kadiporal, Sarnal, Mattan Chowk, Dangerpora, Laizibal, Gulshanabad, Khanabal and Naibasti. Several people were wounded in the clashes.

Protests also erupted in Pampore, Shopian, Pulwama and Kulgam areas.
In Shopian town, youth staged protests and allegedly attacked deputy commissioner’s office with stones. Police said they were later dispersed.

Meanwhile, after days of lull, protests erupted in several parts of Srinagar on Sunday amid the general strike called by the Hurriyat Conference (G). Police said curfew was lifted from the entire Valley and no restrictions were in place anywhere.

Shops and business remained closed during the day while the public transport was off the roads. However, private vehicles plied normally in most areas of the city.

In the afternoon protests broke out in several downtown and uptown localities including Nund Reshi Colony (B), Nowpora, Khanyar and Rainwari.
Young boys staged pro-freedom protests and raised slogans. They pelted police and CRPF with stones triggering clashes.

The CRPF men repeatedly attempted to disperse them by cane-charging. During the chase, CRPF allegedly entered into many residential areas and ransacked houses by smashing the windowpanes.

Reports said protests also rocked Chanakhan in north Kashmir’s Sopur town where the protesters resorted to stone pelting on police and paramilitary forces.
Police said one protester Waseem Akbar Lone son of Mohammad Akbar Lone resident of Chankhan Sopore was injured in the police action. He was shifted to sub-district hospital Sopur where from doctors referred him to SKIMS, Srinagar.

Meanwhile, police launched a special drive to check motorcycles in the city after a reported incident of unidentified bike-borne persons threatening private vehicle owners yesterday to enforce a strike called by Geelani.

The checking was carried out at several places including Lal Chowk, Jehangir Chowk and Budshah Chowk but no arrests were made.

Why'd you have to say that Batman, now you just earned him like a dozen thanks for that post...

It said what forced the news.
Why American weapons are not reported? simply because those are not symbolic.
Israeli arms used in Kashmir are indeed symbolic.
If their is nothing abnormal why discuss?

Dude wtf are you smoking?
Dunno about Israel, but we're definitely not a 'buffer state against islamic terrorism'

Dude i can answer in same language but then u will have to take bath for several days.. Please keep urself indian.

J&K integral part of India: Deoband - Hindustan Times

Pointedly snubbing the separatists in the Kashmir Valley, who have often used Islam as a rallying point, the Darul Uloom Deoband, the spiritual headquarters of Sunni Islam, and its influential social front, Jamiat Ulama-e-Hind, affirmed on Sunday that Jammu and Kashmir was an integral part of India.

At a massive conclave called by the Jamaat at the Deoband seminary campus, 150 km northeast of Delhi, the gathered clerics sent out a clear message that Kashmir’s unrest should not be exploited to fuel separatism.

“India is a bouquet of all types of flowers. We cannot allow any of the flowers to be taken away,” said senior Darul theologian Abdul Rahim Bastawi.

“The long pending demands of Kashmiri people must be addressed within the framework of the Constitution of India,” said a resolution passed at the conclave.

Historically, the Jamiat, along with Darul Uloom, had been opposed to the partitioning of the country along religious lines.

But post-Independence it has never spelt a position on Kashmir so clearly.

“Deoband taking up the issue now, however belatedly, signals a renewed attempt to resist separatism. This assertion is more Indian than Islamic,” said Akhtarul Wasey, head of Islamic Studies, Jamia Millia Islamia, Delhi.

“Indian Muslims have to be taken on board while addressing the Kashmir issue. The unrest there and separatist tendencies have deep implications for rest of India’s Muslims,” Jamiat Ulama-e-Hind leader Mahmood Madani told Hindustan Times, on the sidelines of the conclave.

Indian Muslims decided in 1947 that they would remain with india. Kashmiris were never even given a choice.

What has Deoband done for us, ask Kashmiri students

DEOBAND: Jamiat Ulama-i-Hind leader Maulana Mehmood Madani told TOI on Sunday, "After our rally on October 31 in Delhi, a delegation will visit Kashmir. We will speak to the people to find out what they want and then decide on our stand."

Madani remained non-committal when asked about the organisation's stand on the three prevailing viewpoints in Kashmir: greater autonomy for the region within India, merger with Pakistan and azadi. Demanding that Armed Forces Special Powers Act (AFSPA) and Public Safety Act (PSA) be lifted immediately, Swami Agnivesh said he had met Rahul Gandhi about the Kashmir situation. "He told me he would go and see it for himself."

Representatives from Kashmir, however, were ambivalent. "As a Kashmiri, I am happy that Indian Muslims are at least raising their voice against injustice and repression in Kashmir," said Mufti Ajazul Hassan Banday, Markazi Shariat Board chairman from Sopore. He refused to comment though when asked about solving Kashmir issue within the Indian Constitution.

Several Kashmiri students and employees at Darul Uloom Deoband, whom TOI spoke to, were not impressed though. Azadi is what they want. Mohammed Rafique, in charge of Darul Uloom's Qutub Khana, said, "They are making statements for their own interest. What has the Deoband done for its Kashmiri students?"

He narrated the travails of Sajjadur Rehman, a 22-year-old student of Arabic at Darul Uloom. "He was arrested from his home in Doda in 2007 for his alleged involvement in the Lucknow serial blasts. He is lodged in Lucknow jail. His father is running from pillar to post pleading with Darul Uloom authorities. Have they done anything except saying he was attending classes when the blasts happened," said Rafique

What has Deoband done for us, ask Kashmiri students - The Times of India

Why do you indians start multiple threads on Kashmir belonging to xyz.

Request Moderators to close down this thread.

What would be considered as Kashmir?

Do another plebiscite in Gilgit-Baltistan to settle the matter, but initially it will be considered part of Kashmir as mandated by the UN. Unless specifically specified in another agreement later on.

Would Gilgit-Balistan also fall into Kashmir? What about Jammu and Leh? Northern Areas?

Everything is Kashmir, but obviously the people of these far flung regions feel very differently from the majority of the Kashmir valley. So another plebiscite may be necessary, but initial one has to include them all.

What about the Indus water treaty? How do you think the water would be divided among the three countries.
Same international rules, the end user has the right to the water.

I am pretty sure Kashmir would reserve a lot for themselves as they are already complaining about less water at the moment?

Specific metrics will have to be calculated what goes in and out, but as a new country to the UN, it will have to follow set international procedures.

Would Kashmir be declared a no military zone?
Kashmiris have not committed any genocide like losing WWII countries to be punished to not keep a military. From there on, Kashmir would be a free country to do as it wants.

One of India's main concern would be Kashmir cozying up to Pakistan Army as they have provided financial support to the separatist movement for so long. Kashmir has acted as a buffer for India for very long. If Pakistan would have any presence in Kashmir, it would not go well with India.
Why would Kashmiris allow Pakistan army in there. From then on it would be Kashmiri army.

Secular or theocratic? What about Kashmiri Pandits and Sikhs? They were driven out by same separatist that would most likely rule Kashmir. How can they ensure safety of Hindus and Sikhs?

Kashmiris themselves are anti-extremists. They will not allow a shariah based theocracy / mullahocracy to rule them.

I might be wrong about you being a pakistani but i find it harder to accept that your indian that is talking common sense when it comes to kashmir.
Took the words out of my mouth. I had discarded away Indian ethics to their moral bankruptcy when it comes to Kashmir. Inwardly I always wondered if they want to see Kashmiris suffer just because they are pissed off about the 1947 partition and are just being too stubborn to hold on to a tiny piece of land whose people obviously don't want them.

Refreshing to see, some people can at least still think in India, whether or not they agree with Pakistan is another thing, but at least they are thinking about solving a problem.

What if each regions was to hold a plebiscite and asked to choose one the three options: 1) Join India, 2) Join Pakistan, 3) Independence.

What would the result be from these following region
a) IOK (valley)
b) *** (AJK)
c) Gilgit-Balistan
d) Jammu
e) Leh
f) Northern Areas

Who would end up loosing more land? India would only loose the valley while Pakistan would loose ***, Gilgit-Balistan and Northern Areas.

It doesn't matter, they are not our lands to begin with.

There should be a series of plebiscites, first with one question. "Do you want Independence? or Join Pakistan / India?"

If Independence fails then we vote between Pakistan and India, if Independence wins we don't need to do the second plebiscite.

Upon any resolution we'll make it mandatory on the Kashmiris to allow another plebiscite to for regional votes.

In case Jammu, Leh and and GB don't agree with the new federation and want to be with Pakistan/India.

This ensures democracy wins. The people get to choose.

PS Northern Areas is known as GB now. So you cant count that separately.

When the dust settles, Jammu and Leh may go to India, and the rest may either go independent or go with Pakistan. We can't say anything, Kashmiris have to say everything.

Kashmir is much more a Pakistani land than an indian land. Muslim majority Kashmir is far from the center of india, while its attached to Pakistan and is just a few miles away from the capital of Pakistan, Islamabad.

pakadmin.jpg

This is why I call you a propagandist. That is NOT a good argument at all. One thing I have noticed in this forum is that Indians and Pakistanis wave off propaganda. So, I think you are wasting your time posting such banal stuff. Deeper, more complicated solutions and arguments are required. Kashmir is certainly viewed as an unfinished business from partition of India and Pakistan I think. I wonder if the Indian Muslims are themselves against Kashmir being declared independent. If this is the case, the Government of India will face a tough task in declaring KV even an SAR. This is a complicated problem - there are no easy solutions. Simplifying it through arguments such as yours just trivializes the struggles of the humanity over there. Lets not do that.

Back
Top Bottom