What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
acc to me goood sol is separate the area which want freedom jammu and ladak region want to say with india
2nd sol is drop nuclear bomb in kashmir

These bozos want to be with a country whose flag they don't know how to hoist properly.:no:

The flag is upside down.

They can correct the mistake anytime after the independence.
:)

And i think Kasmiri flag is opposite of Pakistani flag. They couldnt be hoisting it upside down in every pic. Nobody is that dumb! This way they could signify their importance towards Pakistan while maintaing a clear "independence" tone and not sending any false signals of acceding to Pakistan.

It is a pakistani flag guys do get it wrong sometimes in the rush of moment and there is no kashmiri flag however there are flags of JKLF,Tehrik-i-Hurriyat and Hurriyat Confrence.

And i think Kasmiri flag is opposite of Pakistani flag. They couldnt be hoisting it upside down in every pic. Nobody is that dumb! This way they could signify their importance towards Pakistan while maintaing a clear "independence" tone and not sending any false signals of acceding to Pakistan.

It is a Pakistani flag yaar. For God's sake. :frown:

The message is very clear I guess. ;)

Well if its a Pakistani flag and they are hoisting it upside down then that a gesture of extreme disrespect. I dont think they could be making the same mistake at every event.

Well if its a Pakistani flag and they are hoisting it upside down then that a gesture of extreme disrespect. I dont think they could be making the same mistake at every event.

Ok next time when they hoist Pak flag in the rain of bullets and tear gas shells they would surely rectify their "mistake". :hitwall::disagree:

Ok next time when they hoist Pak flag in the rain of bullets and tear gas shells they would surely rectify their "mistake".
This just shows how much paid guys are there in the protest. The real Kashmiris protesters only want independence and not to be sided with PAK.

No, this is a common misperception. A flag hoisted upside down is a "signal of distress." So the Kashmiris would obviously not want to hoist an indian flag no matter what the case is. The Kashmiris are not disrespecting Pakistan nor the Pakistani flag.

Distress - denoted by flying the Pakistan flag upside-down

http://www.flags-flags-flags.org.uk/pakistan-flag.htm

:pakistan:

Last edited:
So just because the IoA was not in their favour it was fair to invade and hold a plesbestite?? So we come back to the policy of "what ever is mine is mine but whatever is yours is also mine". Why did indian forces invade Junagarth first place when IoA was already signed?? Wasnt that a breach??

[…]

In plain words..

IoA in case of Kashmir in favour of India = accecptable
IoA in case of Junagarth in favour of Pakistan = nonaccecptable, invade and hold a plesbestite.
A mod has already warned us to stick to the topic and I don’t think an elaborate discussion on Junagadh is relevant to the topic. However since you asked, here goes.

India didn’t invade. What India did is accepted by all conons of international law as ‘intervention’. The International Commission on Intervention and Sovereignty (ICISS) states the following in their paper ‘The Responsibility to Protect’:

"A. State sovereignty implies responsibility, and the primary responsibility for the protection of its people lies with the state itself.

B. Where a population is suffering serious harm, as a result of internal war, insurgency, repression or state failure, and the state in question is unwilling or unable to halt or avert it, the principle of non-intervention yields to the international responsibility to protect."

Junagadh although was a de jure sovereignty of Pakistan, Pakistan failed to take de facto control of it for over a month since its accession, with no sign of it being able take control in immediate future. Meanwhile, as a result of the States accession to Pakistan severe riots broke out resulting in complete break down of the State. The only sensible and humane thing to do at that time was for India to step in and take control of it, given that Pakistan was ‘unable to halt or avert’ the ‘serious harm, as a result of state failure’.

Holding of plebiscite was an inevitable logical step after that.
So we also demand that accession of Kashmir was not in good faith and be reversed!
To make that demand you have to first accept that Kashmir had acceded to India. Unfortunately your country doesn’t accept that. Something (IoA) that is not accepted at all, can’t be reversed.
So again going by your logic the people of Kashmir wish to join Pakistan or independence hence there should be a plesbestite too under UN Supervision since the demographics are significantly different than Junagarth.
No can do. A lot of things have happened since Junagadh all of which have made Junagadh redundant. India had voluntarily proposed a plebiscite in all three states – Kashmir, Junagadh and Hyderabad – under UN supervision. It was rejected by Jinnah, no less. Later at the UN India had agreed to plebiscite on the condition that Pakistan must vacate Kashmir. The condition remains unfulfilled.

If you want plebiscite under UN supervision you have to either abide by the already existing resolutions in this regard, and withdraw from Kashmir first, or pass fresh ones.
Pakistan questions the validity of Kashmir IoA in same sense Indians questioned the validity of Junagarth IoA. Its a fair play.
No, its not a fair play. Pakistan questions the legal validity of IoA itself, on grounds of fraud and coercion. (Jinnah got a rebuke from Mountbatten for this) This means that accession of Kashmir is null and void as far as Pakistan is concerned. On the other hand India didn’t question the legal validity of IoA executed by the Nawab of Junagadh. India questioned the wisdom of such accession in clear breach of the principles governing the accession of Princely States.

It is not that difficult to see the difference.

One thing for sure, yesterday’s violence was the biggest dent in the so called movement by the Separatists. By hoisting Pakistani Flag, they have made it clear who is actually behind the violence, and what is their objective. Now it is clear that the mass are not behind the movement

Back
Top Bottom