What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
v are not bleeding, we are rising. we donot have regular mumbai like attacks that sadly u face on routine basis. no energy crisis like u have. as far as kashmir is concerned nobody has raised that issue so far. why the world is silent??? no ethnic tension between religion apart from minor issues. north indians working peacefully in soth india. hindu radicalism...never heard of that. i think RAW is giving u a tough time.

Perhaps you do not know what happened in gujrat, who burned alive christian priest, who burned nuns, who raped foreign tourists, who demolished babri mosque, what maoist are doing in 25% of India, every one in India has electricity, you are not short of gas, your shiv sena is an NGO.

Seriously do you live in India?

Perhaps you do not know what happened in gujrat, who burned alive christian priest, who burned nuns, who raped foreign tourists, who demolished babri mosque, what maoist are doing in 25% of India, every one in India has electricity, you are not short of gas, your shiv sena is an NGO.

moist on 25% India batter than taliban on 100% Pakistan
who many tourist come to your country ????? every buddy know why they dnt come ..
i think you are sleeping now whats going on in Karachi is joke . right ??

next is this...
6a00d83451c49a69e201156e8875bb970c-320wi

and HUMANITY will fall in Kashmir!!!kuddos to Pakistan and India....this is how you destroy humanity!!

the things ur talking about happened a decade ago... well i am not denying it. now tell me anything major happened after 2001?? everybody has enough supply of electricity in ur country. see we have recently signed 12 nuclear deals all around the world. hopefully all the energy issues will be solved in next decade. maoist is the problem which will be solved surely. we successfully solved that in Andhra pradesh. shiv sena is limited only to mumbai. and in mumbai nobody has the time to do all this. they are not in power for last 15 years. so dont need to worry. well dont start blame game all know that more than 80 people killed in karachi in 2 days while in kashmir only 50 over a month long violence. by the way i live in india

I am launching my separatist movement because a police officer raped a teenager last night in Lucknow...i want to create Awadh Union...any supporters...and yes they should create a separate Delhi because it has lots of crime...and a separate Nevada because it has highest murder rate in America and i believe that American Govt sponsors these murders!!!

So folks.. Any update on the implementation of the calander? Havent heard much noise from Kashmir since Sunday. Being in Delhi, its a little far off. Are any Pakistani friends located geographically closer to the area able to provide some information??

NEW DELHI, Aug 10, 2010 (AFP) - Prime Minister Manmohan Singh appealed Tuesday to Kashmiris "to give peace a chance" after almost daily anti-India street protests that have claimed at least 50 lives since June.

"I am convinced the only way forward in Jammu and Kashmir is along the path of dialogue and reconciliation," Singh said in a televised address to an all-party meeting called in New Delhi to discuss the restive region.

"I appeal to the people of Jammu and Kashmir to give peace a chance."

The appeal was the first from the Indian premier since violence brought life to a standstill in Kashmir's towns and cities after a teenage student was killed by a police teargas shell on June 11.

At least 50 people -- mostly young men or teenagers -- have died in the violence, most of them as a result of police firing, in the deadliest spate of protests to shake the Muslim-majority region for two years.

The prime minister's call came as Indian security forces continued to enforce a strict curfew in most parts of Srinagar, the summer capital of Indian Kashmir, to prevent protests against New Delhi's rule.

Prime Minister reaches out to Kashmiri youth, appeals for peace

Watch the PM speaking in Urdu at the video link above^^^

New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has appealed to all groups to join the process of dialogue to find a peaceful resolution to the situation in Kashmir. He appealed to people in the state to give peace a chance, promising infrastructure and development in the state.

"I believe we need a political solution that can address the feeling of alienation in the people, and we are ready for dialogue," said the Prime Minister addressing an all party meet in New Delhi

The Prime Minister broke his silence after two months of protests and over 50 people killed in the valley, most of them youngsters, including a 9-year-old. Admitting that the government's Kashmir policy needs to do more, the Prime Minister hinted at reviewing and amending the Armed Forces Special Powers Act (AFSPA).

Dr Singh added that he empathised with the youth of the state and that every effort will be made to meet their hopes and aspirations. "I feel the pain and alienation of youngsters protesting on the streets. I appeal to the youth in Jammu and Kashmir to go back to their schools and colleges. We must ask ourselves if our children do not study, what future they'll have," said the Prime Minister, stressing that all political parties must look for a peaceful resolution to the problem, by galvanising the youth.

The Prime Minister said that the central government would extend all possible help to the state government in resolving the situation on the ground and mitigating tensions. Dr Singh promised early local body elections in the state, to ensure greater public participation in the administration.

The government has formed an expert committee headed by former RBI governor Dr C Rangarajan to explore ways to enhance employment opportunities in the state. The committee will also have Infosys mentor NR Narayanmurthy.

The BJP stayed away from the all party meet, and Jammu and Kashmir's main opposition party - the PDP - will reportedly meet the Prime Minister separately.

Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has called for "the cycle of violence" to end in Indian-administered Kashmir.

In a TV address aimed at Kashmiris, his first since recent public protests began, he said the bloodshed had caused him "great pain".

He appealed to young people to go back to schools and colleges to study.

The problems in the region had to be resolved through political dialogue, he said, while promising relief for flood victims in Ladakh.
'Complex problem'

"The cycle of violence must now come to an end. We must collectively ensure that no innocent life is lost again," Mr Singh said.

Correspondents say the prime minister did not give details as to how Kashmir's problems could be resolved.

"Even with the best of these intentions, I cannot say that a complex problem that has defied resolution for 63 years can be solved easily or quickly," he said.

Hundreds of thousands of troops are based in Kashmir to fight a two-decade insurgency against Indian rule.

The territory - a third of which is in Pakistan - has been the centre point of two of India's three wars against Pakistan since both countries won independence in 1947.

Mr Singh also pledged to do all he could to help flash flood victims in the predominantly Buddhist Ladakh region of Indian-administered Kashmir, where five European tourists were among at least 160 people killed since Friday.

Hundreds of people are also missing after sudden rainfall swept away roads, houses, bridges and power cables.

Source: BBC News - Indian prime minister calls for end to Kashmir violence
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Without talking even 1% about problems of Kashmiris and addressing the grounds of their protest, Manmohan Singh believes his name "Man-Mohan" would do the magic. :tdown:

Were you guys so lazy that in 62 years when you had time, you couldn't address their issues? Pretty :lazy:. :hang2:

We dont take it as their issues.If they had an issues its ours as well and vice versa.It will be settled like any other state to state problems in the Indian Union

Although iagree to the laziness part.We Indians often wait to get hit by a truck before taking any major decisions

unless army goes from the daily life of kashmiris nothing can happen. we should not be in their lives. may be they can gaurd the borders of the valley, never should they go inside. This is only the one acceptable step india can take towards a peaceful situation.

His urdu is flawless, A man with vision, I respect him due to his honesty in context of money since rest of all politician ripped India as much as they could, he is very straight forward PM.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom