What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
And that's the reason why Punjab is with India too. The avergae Indian really doesn't want to discriminate or put someone at a disadvantage. The average Indian doesn't want Sikhs to 'lose their relegion and become hindus' as was being spoken of them. We've always adored and respected their culture.
Someone once said....

"Sikh Hindustan Ki Chaddar Hain"...in reference to their massive presence in the armed forces along with their contirbution towards the Independence and security of our Union.....

And Rightly said too....

I grew up with Sikhs and one of my best friends is Sikh....it makes me ashamed to think of what happened to them...

Nevertheless, I am completely fine with the likes of Bindhrawale and the Babbar Khalsans being dealt with severly....same goes for Sangh Parivar, MNS and their ilk!

Terrorists have no religion.....Lets make sure we maintain that stand....
Yap, the day we get sangh parivar and the ilk given a taste of the lathi will be the day we start truly moving away from retrograde tendencies.

'Kashmir' is special for very different reasons. The litmus test of their 'love for the kasmiri people' can be seen in what they've done to what's called 'Azaad Kashmir'. Poor, underdeveloped, politically unstable and swarming with extremists- that's the real legacy of pakistani rule in their occupied area.
The 'love of kashmiri people' and their 'rights' is a blatant lie. it has always been a strategy- once kashmir moves out, it sets a precendent and it becomes possible for other regions to ask for independence (yeah that's gonna happen). And then ( in the minds of delusional pakistani govt. members), they'll be ruling a hundred afghanistans all around them and be a 'great power'. And what are the achievements of this 'great power'- little policitcal stability, little economic prosperity and little clarity on moving to a better future. In the end, even this Kashmir would be in as much of a mess as the occupied one.

I can understand if the "Azad" Kashmir as they call it was a Mecca of development, prosperity and hapiness, an envy of South Asia.....but the sad part is....It is not!!

Nor is Pakistan doing so well in other parts of its domain either.....I dont see a reason other than the religious similarity that would make Pakistan favorable for Kashmiris from an economic prosperity or security standpoint.....

The point is, even if Kashmir becomes independent or a part of Pakistan....There is a very strong chance that it will become the next Afghanistan in the region.....

Kashmiris with an affinity to Pak or independence need to think in the long term.....

I can understand if the "Azad" Kashmir as they call it was a Mecca of development, prosperity and hapiness, an envy of South Asia.....but the sad part is....It is not!!

Nor is Pakistan doing so well in other parts of its domain either.....I dont see a reason other than the religious similarity that would make Pakistan favorable for Kashmiris from an economic prosperity or security standpoint.....

The point is, even if Kashmir becomes independent or a part of Pakistan....There is a very strong chance that it will become the next Afghanistan in the region.....

Kashmiris with an affinity to Pak or independence need to think in the long term.....
Those who think in terms of religion for everything, whether it is politics, military or any other branch of abstract, will fail to understand you and trust me; when I say this it means a whole host of people on PDF.

Considering this we can put the Atheist communists and these extremists in the same basket.

@Asim
you people occupied part of kashmir to give independence right?? where was the independence??? why are you still holding it??

personally i think RAW must take actions against these separatists not the local police or the Indian Army, it will fuel the hatred against the locals...

A. G. Noorani
a secular Indian Muslim, is a lawyer and political analyst. He is is an Advocate in the Supreme Court of India and a leading Constitutional expert. His columns appear in The Hindustan Times, Frontline, Economic and Political Weekly and Dainik Bhaskar. :cheers:

A.G. Noorani...the same man criticizing the Vande Mataram for being imposed on the Muslims.....and voicing personal opinions on nonsensical BS!
I mean we find tree huggers like him left, right and centre ....Arundhati Roy being another favorite among the Pakistanis......I can see why you chose to quote him....

However what makes the words of this man so credible?
I mean recently another prominent personality....a State leader, representative of one of the leading superpowers of the world spoke quite confidently about the "export of terror".....This man, probably more informed than Mr. Noorani here has been criticized for his claims and put down as non-credible....
Maybe we should believe him too....what say?
Whats surprising here is that you're selective on listening to the opinion of one Indian that favors yours....but when it comes to others, you dismiss them....CONVINIENT!

However, in true spirit of PDF.....instead of dismissing your claim.....Why dont you show me some proof, and I mean documents or other evidence other than this man's "claim" that the fact that Pakistan did not cede any land to China? Because every one under the sun except those living under a rock claim otherwise.....

PS: BTW....If AG.Noorani is actually right....as you claim, Why are the Pakistanis fighting only the Indians? Shouldnt they be up the Chinese *** aswell? Or if the Chinese are so brotherly....why not hand over Kashmir to you...which you claim as right fully yours?

And in all of this....where is the right of "self-determination" of the Kashmiris? Howcome the hypocirtes in your Govt. failed to bring this up?
At least India claims Aksai Chin and all of Kashmir including N/A. Pakistan seems to be compromising the "right of the Kashmiris" by rolling over for the Chinese.....
Truly a moral war you people are fighting!!

Last edited:

That was the ORIGINAL plank on which Kashmir was demanded for a good 30 years from Jinnah's time...'how can a Muslim majority area be handed over to India?'. And then 1971 happened...a Muslim majority area of pakistan asked them to go take a hike and declared independence. From then taing 'muslim majority' stand became ridiculous because pakistan was no longer the sole protector of the muslims in the subcontinent. So they switched planks from 'muslim' identity to 'self determination'.
Hundreds of pakistanis will line up to get killed for Kashmir today, but will they do it for say, building a dam for their country...no way!! If they lose to India it's a big deal, but if they lost to china (hypothetically), they'd blame themselves for having invited a war to start with. So much for their patriotic nationalism.

That was the ORIGINAL plank on which Kashmir was demanded for a good 30 years from Jinnah's time...'how can a Muslim majority area be handed over to India?'. And then 1971 happened...a Muslim majority area of pakistan asked them to go take a hike and declared independence. From then taing 'muslim majority' stand became ridiculous because pakistan was no longer the sole protector of the muslims in the subcontinent. So they switched planks from 'muslim' identity to 'self determination'.
Hundreds of pakistanis will line up to get killed for Kashmir today, but will they do it for say, building a dam for their country...no way!! If they lose to India it's a big deal, but if they lost to china (hypothetically), they'd blame themselves for having invited a war to start with. So much for their patriotic nationalism.

And that has been a question I have been asking the Pakistanis on this forum that they have yet to answer.....

"What makes Kashmir's demand so special as compared to say Balochistan (Sue me) or Tibet? Why is their right to self-determination legitimate, but not other places world over including the one in their very own backyard?"

I fail to understand this hypocrisy!!

Listen Ganga if the British army did that....to what the Indian army did to that 8 year old, there would be condemnation through out Britain.

i dont know why you are bringing this matter up again and again.Can u tell me how many 8 year olds were killed by the British soilders in the Iraq and Afghan campaign.I dont think people in UK even care a bit abt the people in these two countries.Did u forget abt the 'bloody sunday' where several human rights activists were killed in cold blood by British troops in northern Ireland.

Please do not project your nation as the one which cannot do anything wrong and always does the right thing.The deaths of civilians anywhere in the world is unfortunate and many Indians genuinely hope that kashmir will come out of the mess and that kashmiris will have a good life.

Police Harassing Photo-Journalists in Occupied Kashmir​
Srinagar, August 06 (KMS): In occupied Kashmir, photojournalists have said that paramilitary troopers and policemen are not allowing them to perform their professional duties in the Kashmir Valley.

A group of photojournalists said, “Policemen did not allow us to reach Ganpatyar Habba Kadal in Srinagar to cover the funeral procession of one Ghulam Muhammad who was killed in CRPF firing.”

They said that on Wednesday a police party led by Superintendent of Police beat up photojournalists near Rajbagh. “Policemen tore curfew passes of three of our colleagues and beat them up mercilessly,” they added.

The photojournalists said that the police and CRPF personnel were on the look out for them. “They are looking for excuses to beat us,” they added.

Police harassing photojournalists in occupied Kashmir | Kashmir Media Service

India urged to withdraw troops, repeal black laws

Srinagar, August 06 (KMS): In occupied Kashmir, despite curfew and heavy rains, people staged forceful anti-India demonstrations at several places across the territory, today.

Defying curfew, thousands of people took to the streets in Eidgah, Soura, Hyderpora, Nowpora, Lal Bazar, Amda Kadal, Bota Kadal, Baagwanpora, Anarbagh, Bandipore, Islamabad, Arwani, Pulwama, Ganderbal, Kupwara, Handwara, Budgam, Kulgam, Shopian, Sopore, Kreeri and other areas.Dozens of people were injured when Indian troops resorted to firing and excessive teargas shelling on protesters in Badgam and Rajwar areas.

Complete shutdown was observed in Doda town to protest against the killing spree in the Kashmir Valley. Hundreds of people took out marches in Doda, Surenkote, Meindher, Poonch, Rajouri, Kishtwar, Banihal and Ramban areas. APHC leader, Ghulam Ahmed Mir led a procession in Thanamandi.

An innocent Kashmiri youth, who was injured in the firing of troops on peaceful protestors in Pulwama, yesterday, succumbed to his injuries.

The occupation authorities continued to place the APHC Chairman, Mirwaiz Umar Farooq and Agha Syed Hassan Al-Moosvi under house arrest, preventing them from offering Juma prayers. Due to curfew restrictions, Juma congregational prayers could not be held at historic Jamia Masjid for the sixth successive week.

Addressing a gathering at Hyderpora Mosque, veteran Kashmiri Hurriyet leader, Syed Ali Gilani urged India to withdraw its troops, repeal black laws and take steps to resolve the Kashmir dispute. He maintained that India would not be able to crush Kashmir movement through its state terrorism.

In Islamabad, a meeting of the APHC-AJK chapter, held with Convenor, Mehmood Ahmad Saghar in chair, rejected the illegal occupation of Jammu and Kashmir by India and reiterated the pledge to continue the struggle till securing the inalienable right to self-determination.

The heads of Kashmir Centres in London and Brussels, Professor Nazir Ahmed Shawl and Barrister Abdul Majeed Tramboo jointly addressing a press conference in London denounced use of brute force on peaceful protesters in occupied Kashmir. Earlier, the Kashmiri students in London held a protest demonstration outside Indian High commission and raised ‘Go India go’ slogans.

And in Ladakh, more than hundred people were feared dead in flash floods triggered by massive cloudbursts. 25 Indian army personnel have gone missing.

Forceful anti-India demos in occupied Kashmir | Kashmir Media Service

This is out of India's control now, it is even out of the control of the separatists and has become a people's movement.

Pretty soon there will calls for a Long March to Srinagar and then a Long march to New Delhi!!

I dont think so.Such uprisings have occured earlier too and resulted in nothing.

unfortunately for you

a.) news was already posted (on this forum)

b.) it's an aging report

Perhaps the Naxalite situation will bring some appeasements out of Delhi regarding Kashmir. Otherwise it is quite possible that India be en-strangled in a vice grip of insurgency from one end of the country to the other.

Can u tell me how many 8 year olds were killed by the British soilders in the Iraq and Afghan campaign.

Well they died because it was an accident, but you don't get UK soilders getting a baton and shoving it down an 8 year old throat......how do you answer that. Plus this is not about what the UK does.....as this thread is Indian related...so the responsibilty of defending Indian action is upon you. Make another thread about UK troops behaving badly.

How many generations till Indians say f*** it?
This is No More A Emotional issue.Only a Real Idiot Can Think that Kashmir Problem Resolution will Bring Peace to this Region.It is NOT.Infact ,Kashmiris Will Also be in National Mainstream provided that Virulent Flavours are not Forced on Them.

Infact ,The Reasons are Many Which Cannot be Discussed or Can Be Understood so Easily.

But ,Our Nation's Integrity will be at Stake with or without(The Ideology of Claiming Muslim Pockets as Part of Some Other Nation) Kashmir Resolution.

Kashmir is an Indian Territory Just Like any other Region.These Brainwashed Generations of Kashmir Valley cannot be accounted and allowed the so Called Freedom(to Destruction) as it will be a Historical Blunder with Kashmir going to be Like Medieval Arabia.

India is Helping Kashmir Remain Free from Destructive Ideologies.May be,It'll Take a 50 or 100 Years;But Kashmir Problem will be solved with Kashmir Valley's Population part of National MainStream.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom