What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
ya ya,govt has decided to put the situation under army control.2000 crpf personnel are being sent.:taz::taz::taz:

You are wasting your time. It is futile. Better send them to fight maoists. It would be more productive for India.

:)

3 more die in Kashmir firing

SRINAGAR: Three more youths were killed and five injured, as police opened fire to break up a demonstration in Anantnag, Jammu and Kashmir on Tuesday. Many more were wounded in daylong clashes. The situation in north Kashmir remained tense, with most of the areas under curfew.

Reports from Anantnag said the three youths were killed when police fired at a crowd that was staging a protest against the death of five youths in north Kashmir in the past three days. Shouting anti-India slogans, the protesters were taking out a march when the police intercepted them. Witnesses said the police chased them down before opening fire.

Ishtiyaq Khandey (15) and Imtiaz Ahmad (17) were declared brought dead in the local hospital and Sajad ul Islam (19) died of his injuries on way to hospital. Of the five injured, the condition of one was stated to be critical.

As news about the killings spread, thousands of people took to the streets. The police again opened fire, but this time in the air. More police and CRPF personnel have been deployed in south Kashmir.

Police officers are tight-lipped about who was involved in the firing, but did not blame the CRPF either. Showkat Malik, Senior Superintendent of Police, Anantnag said he cannot talk as he was busy with the law and order situation. Deputy Commissioner Jaipal Singh said: “We do not know who opened fire.”

Meanwhile, the situation in north Kashmir remained tense. The curfew was extended to Baramulla too, as protests spread to the peripheries of Sopore and Baramulla. People defied the curfew at various places in Sopore and mobs staged rallies in Baramulla, defying the restrictions clamped under Section 144. At least four persons were injured. Angry youth fought pitched battles with police on the peripheries of Sopore and staged rallies. The police retaliated with teargas shells and batons. The situation in the interior parts of the town, which has been under curfew since Friday evening, remains serious.

Just look at the ages of these kids.
:angry::angry:

Just look at the ages of these kids.
:angry::angry:

It is sad that more people lost life but it is more sad that people in India are still Jungle. Every time you make violent protest there will be counter measure to contain it. It mostly results in death, in all parts of India. So it is up to those idiots also to understand this.

It is sad that more people lost life but it is more sad that people in India are still Jungle. Every time you make violent protest there will be counter measure to contain it. It mostly results in death, in all parts of India. So it is up to those idiots also to understand this.

OK say whatever you like but don't call them idiots. Especially for the dead ones.

:angry:

OK say whatever you like but don't call them idiots. Especially for the dead ones.

:angry:

I am sorry I used that word but I am frustrated that some people are so careless. I know this for 20 years now that when you go for protest you should expect police firing, which can result in death. This is not just in Kashmir, we have number of such incidence all over India.

My point is why these people do not think about their parents? If you have a problem then use peaceful means or you do not know. In that matter I feel Kashmir's are worst behaved people, I hardly care for their protest as they are habitual protesters, worst they are in paid stone pelting business.

If they have any problem they should first learn to solve it the right way. The protest on Amaranth yatra was a big proof on their level of idiocy. That issue was easily solvable by just talks, but these idiots resorted to violent protest, and ever since then I have no respect for them. I have not someone who is going to hide it.

When they throw stone do they think it can kill hurt a CRPF man? They do not give importance to others life. I saw one poster sometime back a person throwing stone from 2 feet to a CRPF men standing defensive. Is that not violence?

Violence gives birth to violence stop it from your side and I will be there to support you.

If Kashmiri's behave the right way and anyone is killed, I will stand with them, unfortunately they are not well behaved.

Democracy doesn’t mean go on holding referendums until noting remains.

Anyway what moral high ground that your are talking that India doesn’t have now. I haven’t seen any International media articles or any International leader demonizing India

India not complying with UN resolutions.

I am sorry I used that word but I am frustrated that some people are so careless. I know this for 20 years now that when you go for protest you should expect police firing, which can result in death. This is not just in Kashmir, we have number of such incidence all over India.

My point is why these people do not think about their parents? If you have a problem then use peaceful means or you do not know. In that matter I feel Kashmir's are worst behaved people, I hardly care for their protest as they are habitual protesters, worst they are in paid stone pelting business.

If they have any problem they should first learn to solve it the right way. The protest on Amaranth yatra was a big proof on their level of idiocy. That issue was easily solvable by just talks, but these idiots resorted to violent protest, and ever since then I have no respect for them. I have not someone who is going to hide it.

When they throw stone do they think it can kill hurt a CRPF man? They do not give importance to others life. I saw one poster sometime back a person throwing stone from 2 feet to a CRPF men standing defensive. Is that not violence?

Violence gives birth to violence stop it from your side and I will be there to support you.

If Kashmiri's behave the right way and anyone is killed, I will stand with them, unfortunately they are not well behaved.

They are in "Stone Pelting Business" because they need money. They need social security and jobs. The thing is these people do not recognize that they are driving industry away from Kashmir through their actions and depriving themselves of precious jobs. The whole situation does not make sense to me. If they want freedom, they should achieve that in the quickest possible time and then get on with their economic development. If they dont, they need to stop protesting and work to creating a meaningful atmosphere. Right now, they are shooting themselves in the foot.

it was given under our control from the starting,now we r defending it.means defending our given land justtttttt

u took it by force by threatening raja, what a shame. threatening people, it continue till today, i see threats and intimidations and rude talk from Indians.

have no civility, no respect for Democracy and no respect for Humans life.

They are in "Stone Pelting Business" because they need money. They need social security and jobs. The thing is these people do not recognize that they are driving industry away from Kashmir through their actions and depriving themselves of precious jobs. The whole situation does not make sense to me. If they want freedom, they should achieve that in the quickest possible time and then get on with their economic development. If they dont, they need to stop protesting and work to creating a meaningful atmosphere. Right now, they are shooting themselves in the foot.

Absolutely my point, they are making no effort to get peace. It is very easy IMO.

Protests spread to south Kashmir, 3 teens killed in firing in Anantnag

Three teenage boys were killed after police and CRPF fired at protesters in Anantnag today, taking the civilian death toll in the last 18 days in the Valley to 11. The anger and protests have spread to south Kashmir, and today’s deaths provoked widespread violence that left two government buildings, a police post and scores of government vehicles in flames.

At Safakadal in Srinagar city, the CRPF allegedly fired on an ambulance, smashing the windshield. Driver Ghulam Mohammad and doctor Mohammad Yaqoob had a close shave. At Sangam on the Srinagar-Jammu highway, the CRPF allegedly stopped another ambulance carrying some wounded demonstrators to Srinagar, and beat up the driver.

“It is disgusting. They have started firing at our ambulances,” said Dr Waseem Qureshi, Medical Superintendent of SMHS Hospital . “How will we bring the injured to hospital?”

Protests spread to south Kashmir, 3 teens killed in firing in Anantnag

:confused:

Back
Top Bottom