What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
Soo much frustration...

I honestly think they should introduce somthing like bladerunner (under UN supervision) it would be a wonderful way for nations to burn off that pent up frustration...

yunan misr romaa, sab mit gaye jahan se
ab tak magar he baaki, namo nishan hamaara

kuchh baat he ki hasti, mitati nahi hamaari
sadiyon raha he dushman, daure jahan hamaara

iqbal koi marhoom, apna nahi jahan main
maloom kya kisi ko, darde niha hamaara

Read. learn, understand deep meaning by Iqbal's poetry.

i loved this,i have read this in my school days.i understood frm this is that no one can destroy india,or take our land frm us.:smitten::smitten:

India and Pakistan had just resolved border issues in the Rann of Kutch area, so diplomacy had been moving forward when the GoP decided to pick a fight with India in 1965: Pakistani "infiltrators" tried to stir up an insurrection, but when locals alerted Indian authorities Pakistan turned to conventional war instead. In doing so Pakistani leaders betrayed the trust of the United States that they would use American weapons and their American-trained army for defensive purposes only - and, i guess, the trust of Kashmiris that they would be allowed to choose their own fate.
How does any of the above address the issue of the continued violation of India's commitment and promise to the Kashmiris of plebiscite in Kashmir?

Diplomacy alone had not resolved the Rann of Kutch dispute - it was in fact military conflict, in which Pakistan was perceived to be successful to a degree, that possibly pushed towards both the resolution of Sir Creek through greater diplomacy, as well as the Pakistani attempt to replicate that 'military conflict' in Kashmir in 65 to push the Indians to resolve the dispute.

And broader conventional war in 1965 was initiated by the Indians in response to the infiltration attempt - at that point the use of conventional forces by Pakistan was justified lest it lose more Kashmiri territory in the face of a conventional Indian military assault.

only when they kill untrained folks.

they cannot stand up to Pak Army.

they keep say that Pak. army is sending these guys, what are going to about it.

They only like to kill innocent folks.

Fight like men and stop killing innocent and if u continue than stop using Biggest democracy of the world.

Yes we should first ask any person who crosses the border whether he was trained properly or not or atleast if he had a crash course in handling his AK47 and then shoot him.

As for your remark of Pakistani Army supporting terrorists... Ohh Sorry Pro Freedom Insurgents... The world knows and see the current status of Pakistanis in the worlds view:hang2:

Indian Govt resorted to moving in troops and enforcing AFSPA when Pakistan created and aided financially and materially the millitants who were targeting state and central govt structure in the state .

The fight for fair and free expression of political will of Kashmiris in Indian Union was soon transformed into a 'Holy War' against infidels leading to complete break down in law and order and total lack of security of life and property for not just the Hindu inhabitants in valley but of anyone who was suspected to be siding with the State/ Central Govt . , local police or the armed forces .

The blame lies with Pakistan for creating law and order problem of massive proportions in J & K and for the cleansing of Hindu Kashmiris from the valley .
False - India violated her commitment to plebiscite and her promise to the Kashmiris in the fifties, when Nehru articulated his position of converting the LoC to the IB and rejecting the need for a plebiscite, and the GoI moved to integrate the territory into its constitution.

'Pakistan creating a law and order problem in the valley' is nothing but a canard since the Indian decision to not implement its commitment of plebiscite had occurred long before Pakistan's covert involvement in J&K, as pointed out in the first para.

Talking of ground work , dismantling of United Jihad Council and the infrastructure that supports its activities , its funding channels ... extradition of its leadership ( spl. of Kashmiri origin ) to India ... uprooting the L-e-T and Jaish bases on Pak soil and Pak-held Kashmir , keeping their leadership in custody or house arrest and a complete ban on their propaganda aimed at recruitment of young Pak nationals for carrying out 'war' in J & K and in India followed by de-millitarization of Kashmir on both sides are just a few tasks that must be added to the list :wave:

As soon as India officially agrees to allowing a plebiscite by a neutral party, pending the agreement of certain conditions and ground rules between India and Pakistan.

Democracy doesn’t mean go on holding referendums until noting remains.

Anyway what moral high ground that your are talking that India doesn’t have now. I haven’t seen any International media articles or any International leader demonizing India

Why do Indian make mockery of things like referendum/plebiscite by saying that how many times it has to be held.

What a shame.

We are disadvantage now, as I asked you there was no violence till 80's and hence plebiscite at that time would have been in India's favor. Now I suspect that with charged environment it will not be possible.
That is completely speculative - the only way to judge Kashmiri opinion would be to hold a plebiscite. In NWFP the people had elected a pro-India and pro-Congress party of KAGK, yet when it was time for a plebiscite the overwhelming majority of people voted for Pakistan, and not India. Domestic politics in a region cannot necessarily be used to extrapolate potential decisions on an international scale.
However this is what I propose.
1) Help us restore peace in Kashmir
2) Get Kashmir' pandits back.
3) Maintain peace for 15 years
4) Find out ways to identify orignal Kamshmiri's from Pakistan's Kashmir
5) Same for China's Kashmir
6) Let India, Pakistan and China agree that they will abide by it.
then I am ready for it, as those conditions will be similar to 1947.
Overall I have no issue with your conditions, but the question is whether India will budge from its current stance and agree to the basic principle of settling the dispute through a plebiscite (district wise, region wise or a single one), provided certain conditions agreed to by India and Pakistan are met.

i loved this,i have read this in my school days.i understood frm this is that no one can destroy india,or take our land frm us.:smitten::smitten:

Now this applies to Pakistan.

The joke is on Pakistanis ..India already has Kashmir....bas Pakistan ko nasib nahin ho rha.:azn:

The one we have is a jannat. The one you have was a jannat converted into hell now.

Because

Jannat kisi kafir ko mili ha na milay gee

;)

times of India, so the real story is probably that they killed 6 innocent Muslim Kashmiris and are now calling them terrorists.

according to locals, one of them was not even a protestor. He was just on his way to the Mosque, but indian forces bullets hit him

the hindustanys shouldnt even bother using the ''militants'' card anymore. It's futile.

:tup:

Reactions: asq
Back
Top Bottom