What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
The one we have is a jannat. The one you have was a jannat converted into hell now.

Because

Jannat kisi kafir ko mili ha na milay gee

;)

u want this hell,anyway army will come and make this heaven as like b4.
u wrote very well
Jannat kisi kafir ko mili ha na milay gee

That is completely speculative - the only way to judge Kashmiri opinion would be to hold a plebiscite. In NWFP the people had elected a pro-India and pro-Congress party of KAGK, yet when it was time for a plebiscite the overwhelming majority of people voted for Pakistan, and not India. Domestic politics in a region cannot necessarily be used to extrapolate potential decisions on an international scale.

Overall I have no issue with your conditions, but the question is whether India will budge from its current stance and agree to the basic principle of settling the dispute through a plebiscite (district wise, region wise or a single one), provided certain conditions agreed to by India and Pakistan are met.

If you agree, I agree however practically I do not see India is going to do that, nor China will accept it, plus it will be way too difficult to get those conditions met. I am just trying to be honest.

What it means is complete peace and then 15 years.

no one is taking ur land frm u.whatever india's will remain indian.wat i understood will always right.

u have taken Kashmir and only if it is freed than will we believe ur concocted stories.

Be content with what you have...nahin to hamare jahnum ke chakar mein apni jannat bhi kho do ge.:cheers:

Our young who believe in freedom struggle will continue as lond as Kashmir is not free, Waht r u foing to do about it.

Kill innocent when u cannot catch the fighters

Hold mock killings and kill innocent and claim they were infiltrators.

What a shame.

it is our internal matter. Kashmir is an Integral Part of the Union of India. They have right to demonstrate because they are Indians and its a democracy.

Say who, not the UN.
u concocted this story by ur self. and u have to bear the consequences.

what will happen then, soldiers left the place for winter and Mujahiddins took over the posts.

Clearly shows the intention..

You can argue this, but I say this is bad move, at least in international forums...

all of the Kashmir including siachan is a disputed territory so freedom fighter will fight on.

it was given under our control from the starting,now we r defending it.means defending our given land justtttttt

No it was not u forcibly took it as u did in Hyderabad, junagarh and OTHER PRINCELY STATES.

How does any of the above address the issue of the continued violation of India's commitment and promise to the Kashmiris of plebiscite in Kashmir?

It meant that Pakistan could no longer be counted among the angels in seeking a peaceful resolution. Diplomacy had not yet exhausted its possibilities - though India certainly waved a red flag when it moved to normalize Kashmir.

Diplomacy alone had not resolved the Rann of Kutch dispute - it was in fact military conflict, in which Pakistan was perceived to be successful to a degree -
The Rann of Kutch conflict was not really the fault of either Pakistan or India, but a border issue dating back to the days of British rule. Apparently considering this a "Pakistani military success" whetted the appetites of Pakistan's leaders for more.

And broader conventional war in 1965 was initiated by the Indians in response to the infiltration attempt -
The infiltrators were too heavily armed to be dealt with by police alone, and they had support from the PA, so of course that started a conventional war. In my opinion, the infiltrators should have been withdrawn as soon as they realized they were facing a hostile population and thus could not be seen as liberators.

Back
Top Bottom