What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
Do not interfere? When was Kashmir officially yours. As far as I know, it is still a disputed area be it PhK or IhK we have a right to know what is happening there in Kashmir, and lend support to them diplomatically and morally!
As per resolution of indian parliament, kashmir is an integral part of our country and as an Indian I totally believe that. If anyone in Kashmir has any problem with that he/she can go to Pakistan. We don't have any issues....

There is also a constant inflow of terrorists who attempt to cross the border/LoC between India and Pakistan. Stop aiding and abetting terrorism and the force on the Indian side will reduce automatically making sure, the valley is calm and life becomes normal.
However, that is not what Pakistan wants, right ?
:cheers:

that aint debunking my point, Collateral Damage is different from the instance when IA will single out some people as insurgents & kill them just to fulfill their quota

Last edited:
That's your way of thinking. As Ejaz rightly said what were they doing at midnight and why did they tried running away? They were timber smuggler when Army patrol challenged them, they prefered to run away. What do you think anybody would have done in such circumstances? We have seen the havoc terrorists has created through out our country so no more naughty business allowed whether in Kashmir or elsewhere.

Just for settling the records, compare the number of civilian deaths happening in NWFP, North wajiristan etc and Kashmir then tell me who is fullfilling their quota better. PAF doesn't even single out people they bomb them in groups.

I aint talking about Ejaz, i have posted the NYT article which said that IA kills people by labeling them insurgents just to fullfill quota, the misguided & unintentional strikes by PAF are in no way comparable to acts of IA

the dynamics of insurgency in Kashmir & FATA are different no need to compare them

Last edited:
I aint talking about Ejaz, i have posted the NYT article which said that IA kills people by labeling them insurgents just to fullfill quota, the misguided & unintentional strikes by PAF are in no way comparable to acts of IA

the dynamics of insurgency in Kashmir & FATA are different no need to compare them

Human rights need to be violated to crush rebellions. It is impossible for the army to maintain a clean record, as it is difficult to single out terrorists sometimes. In this case, it was sandalwood smugglers, which can easily create suspicion.
And IA shares a way better record when its about human rights compared to Pakistani army. Does operation searchlight ring any bells?

Human rights need to be violated to crush rebellions. It is impossible for the army to maintain a clean record, as it is difficult to single out terrorists sometimes. In this case, it was sandalwood smugglers, which can easily create suspicion.
And IA shares a way better record when its about human rights compared to Pakistani army. Does operation searchlight ring any bells?

all right violate them for insurgents only not for everyone, just to fulfill quota

Yeah I know about Search Light, I also know about Operation Blue Star, we aint talking about it right now

all right violate them for insurgents only not for everyone, just to fulfill quota

Yeah I know about Search Light, I also know about Operation Blue Star, we aint talking about it right now

Emo .. ignore the last bit, think with a neutral POV. Will army just kill civilians to fulfill a "quota"? Also most operations now are being carried out jointly by the J and K police with the army. Do you think even the local police has a "quota" to fulfill?

Emo .. ignore the last bit, think with a neutral POV. Will army just kill civilians to fulfill a "quota"? Also most operations now are being carried out jointly by the J and K police with the army. Do you think even the local police has a "quota" to fulfill?

dont reply on these frustrated peoples who thought that IA is like PA.
who kill people to fulfil their quota

in reality operation blue star was carried out bcoz they started to think about liberation of punjab .the real motive of Indra gandhi was to crush the demands in any way,she did so.she knew this is going to happen.to get something ,loosing is necessary.although unfortunate was after killings of sikh people.although a lot of mistakes were carried at the time of operation also.but now punjab is safe and far away frm any such activities

don't ask me, ask NYT, they are reporting it & no doubt 'quota' exists

(An appendage to Sister Emo's post)

Here's an excerpt:

An elderly man, who had been searching for his missing son for nearly two months, was summoned for the exhumation. He stared at the horror dug out of the ground and told the police what he had refused to believe all this time. “He is my son,” he said. Then he sat on the bare ground and shook.

As it turned out, the dead man, Abdul Rehman Paddar, was not a Pakistani at all, nor a militant. He was a Kashmiri carpenter from a village south of here. The Indian police are now investigating whether he was killed by some of their own men, for motives that could range from personal revenge to greed. A suspected militant’s body, after all, comes with a handsome cash reward.

S. M. Sahai, the chief of police for Kashmir, said his investigators were looking into whether at least two other bodies were part of the same ring; setups like the killing of Mr. Paddar are known here as “encounter killings.” Each of the victims had been killed in operations conducted jointly by the police and either an Indian Army unit or a paramilitary force that operates under army command, he said.

By the end of the day on Saturday, as the investigation snowballed, a total of five bodies had been exhumed, all in the area surrounding Sumbal, and their identities were being checked.

The exhumations have not only unearthed a deep well of resentment among the people of Indian-administered Kashmir, but have also forced the Indian government to face anew long-simmering charges of abuse by Indian soldiers and the police.

Kashmiris have long accused the Indian authorities of disappearances and extrajudicial killings; one local human rights group estimates that 10,000 people have disappeared since the anti-Indian insurgency began here in 1989.

[T]roops have been blamed repeatedly for human rights abuses here, most recently by a 156-page report released last October by Human Rights Watch, which detailed dozens of cases in which, it said, the state had failed to hold its security forces accountable for suspected abductions, killings and detentions.

Among the most infamous of those cases were the March 2000 killings in the southern village of Pathirabal of five men, whom the army identified as foreign terrorists responsible for a massacre of Sikh civilians. The men, whose bodies had been burned and badly mutilated, turned out to be civilians abducted by the army, according to relatives and a subsequent federal investigation.

Human Rights Watch blamed the Indian government for what it called its “lack of commitment” to accountability and a series of Indian laws that shield soldiers in conflict zones like Kashmir. “This has led to a serious climate of impunity,” the report concluded.

you may find rest of the NYT article here:

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/06/world/asia/06kashmir.html

As per resolution of indian parliament, kashmir is an integral part of our country and as an Indian I totally believe that. If anyone in Kashmir has any problem with that he/she can go to Pakistan. We don't have any issues....

Nobody cares about your parliament and you. What matters is that Kshmiris don't like you and your occupation. So it's better to get your a** out of there or else we can't guarantee peace in your country.

:sniper:

Back
Top Bottom