What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
Ok, Ejaz, isnt stone-pelting considered a sacred ritual during Hajj, wherein you stone the devil?

Some people in Kashmir consider the Indian forces as "occupying force" and hence in their eyes it signifies the Devil and hence stone pelting. So why call that act un-Islamic? I may be wrong, lemme know if thats the case.

Unless it has to do with the recent death of an infant at the hands of such idiotic protesters during a 'bandh' incident. Either that, or the Grand Mufti knows that many of these 'protesters' are just trouble-makers and wants to help end the menace for a peaceful Kashmir.

Now that is not being honest. If you want to ignore them why talk about them? It is not civil to compare people on the basis of their origin or race in a manner that belittles them. Do you honestly think that it is a good thing to do and that in anyway helps you to become a decent person? "Having fun with people" and "making fun of people" are two very different things, and the former is undoubtedly the way to go. :)

P.S. I am expecting a change of heart.

EDIT: Looking at your last few posts, I think you are well on the way.

Ok Valiant I will try to be honest... well a little honest!! :rofl::rofl: I try to avoid them but like to talk about them... :cheesy: or I like to avoid them but try to talk about them ? :rofl::rofl: Anywayz, I am trying my best to be nice to Priya and taking her to Salon this weekend. I will groom her like Dharmendra did to Hema Malini in Raja Jani... that moustache have to go!! :bounce::bounce:

I was thinking that K in pakistan might stand for Kuwait. Afterall pakistan will change her name to United States Of Islam in 2XXX or maybe 3XXX. Although Kashmir is beautiful I think for Pakistan to have Kashmir and fulfill its K in that manner wont be possible. Maybe they can make Karachi a state and then complete the K in pakistan.

P- Peshawar , A - Attock ,K-Karachi , I-Islamabad , S - Sargodha , T - Taxila, A -Abbottabad , N- Nawabshah

I don't know what "IN" and "IA" stands for in INDIA.. but I can guess what middle "D" stands for in INDIA... D for Dravidia or United stated of Dravidians.. :D

Anywayz, I am trying my best to be nice to Priya and taking her to Salon this weekend. I will groom her like Dharmendra did to Hema Malini in Raja Jani... that moustache have to go!! :bounce::bounce:

Way to go! But why do you have to try to be nice, unless she is hostile to you. Be nice, plain and simple. :)

P.S. Do ask her whether she wants to continue with the mustache or not. Otherwise, who knows, she might come after your pony-tail. ;)

Way to go! But why do you have to try to be nice, unless she is hostile to you. Be nice, plain and simple. :)

P.S. Do ask her whether she wants to continue with the mustache or not. Otherwise, who knows, she might come after your pony-tail. ;)

Well, of course I can't get rid of her moustache unless she is willing. I lectured her about good grooming skills... like taking bath everyday, not putting tons of oil on her hair etc etc... She was kinda reluctant to get rid of her moustache, but i told her that majority of men even south indian men don't like moustache and finally she agreed to get rid of it. How do YOU know I have a ponytail ? :azn:

Now sticking back to topic.. more pics of Kashmir :P

Ladakh

http://img27.imageshack.us/i/ladakhcrossroadsofhigha.jpg/

Hi gubbi,

Big difference there. It is only symbolic and not thrown on people during the ritual.

This is not a new stand. Even if there is say Jihad justified and the security forces were suppressing religious freedom in J&K than the fight should be a proper fight not throwing stones. It is pertinent to note that many ulema from Indian and within J&K have said that there is no Jihad here. Some Pakistani ulema have also agreed with this view. Others like Maududi also have said a similar thing. So at prestn there is no justification to call for armed Jihad as there is no supression of religious freedom. J&K police consists of large number of locals and the govt. itself is made up of locals.

Some links about this:
http://www.jammu-kashmir.com/archives/archives2008/kashmir20080228d.html

The main hadith quoted in the fatwa was
Sahih Muslim Book 21, Number 4808:

Sa'id b. Jubair reported that. a near one of 'Abdullah b. Mughaffal threw pebbles. He prohibited him (to do so). He said that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) had prohibited the throwing of pebbles by saying: It does not catch the game, nor does it inflict defeat on the enemy, but breaks the tooth and puts the eye out. He (the near one of Abdullah b. Mughadal) again repeated it (the act of throwing of pebbles) whereupon he said: I narrate to you that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon hish) disliked and prohibited throwing of pebbles, but I see you again throwing pebbles; I (would therefore) not speak with you.
-------------------------------

Here are older reports on the same issue back in 2008-09
Pelting stones un-Islamic: J&K cops’ weapon is the hadith

Is stone-pelting Islamic: Kashmiri separatists debate - Express India

As you can see, even the moderate separatist Mirwaiz backed the hadith and agreed with the fatwa and urged youth not to indulge in stone pelting.

Last edited:
Mufti from Kashmir has cleverly crafted his words. One must read them carefully.

Pelting stones as a form of Political protest can be argued as un-islamic, BUT pelting stones as a form of resistance could never be unislamic.

Also, the Mufti has not specified that pelting stones against the Occupational forces to be unIslamic.

The media discreetly mentions about the issue of 7000+ missing/kidnapped Kashmiris at the hands of Indian Occupation Forces, which was really the main issue that the Mufti went to discuss.

^^^Well if you look at the hadith quoted it doesn't even justify it for fighting with he enemy.

Also, he has come forward to get religious leaders involved in the peace process as well. At least it will in marginalizing people like Geelani e.t.c. who have been involved in corrupt practices and using the problems for their own benefit. Mirwaiz Farooq will also be supported from intimidation I hope as he is one of the few separatists who has been honest throughout.

It is not up to kids and civilians to take up battle cry and responsibilities of Jihad. Also if you look at history, jahils of Arabia would pelt our beloved Nabi Rasool Allah (SAW) with stones. It is a kufr tradition, stone throwing only allowed in Islam as symbolic means of hitting back at the devil. And this also takes place once a year in strict environment.

Drop the rocks, pick up pens.

Well, of course I can't get rid of her moustache unless she is willing. I lectured her about good grooming skills... like taking bath everyday, not putting tons of oil on her hair etc etc... She was kinda reluctant to get rid of her moustache, but i told her that majority of men even south indian men don't like moustache and finally she agreed to get rid of it.

Is she a girl from a village? Oh and do also lecture her that she should not consider anyone inferior, including yourself, that is bad manners. :D

How do YOU know I have a ponytail ? :azn:

I have seen you? Then either you are a tom-boy or you have bushy hair that you cannot comb. Seems like your tall claims of being good looking are not so tall after all. ;)

Is she a girl from a village? Oh and do also lecture her that she should not consider anyone inferior, including yourself, that is bad manners. :D

I am lecturing her on lots of things... I don't consider her inferior, but ironically she considers me superior.. :rofl::rofl: That is why she has started taking my advice, and she looks up to me as a role model.... After getting rid of that moustache, I will teach her some table manners how to dress up and how to attend upper class parties... I don't know much about Kerala? Is it mostly a village? :undecided::undecided:

I have seen you? Then either you are a tom-boy or you have bushy hair that you cannot comb. Seems like your tall claims of being good looking are not so tall after all.

Well, you said, I have a ponytail and I asked how do you know that? You have never seen me.. Don't tell me you are some creepy stalker...
:confused::confused::cry: I personally HATE stalkers...

I am lecturing her on lots of things... I don't consider her inferior, but ironically she considers me superior.. :rofl::rofl: That is why she has started taking my advice, and she looks up to me as a role model.... After getting rid of that moustache, I will teach her some table manners how to dress up and how to attend upper class parties... I don't know much about Kerala? Is it mostly a village?

The way you are describing her seems like she is a village girl. Urban girls do not need such basic grooming. So it is obvious that you are her role model. :lol:

Well, you said, I have a ponytail and I asked how do you know that? You have never seen me.. Don't tell me you are some creepy stalker...

I am much more than a stalker and you are in great danger. Keep good vigil! :devil:

Back
Top Bottom