What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
Ok even in that case (independent Kashmir).. the name Pakistan doesn't become obsolete because it is more known with its other meaning... "Pak" means pure and "Stan" means (country)... Stan is formed from the old Iranian root *sta- "to stand, stay," and means "place where one stays," i.e. homeland or country.

On the other hand, your national anthem is obsolete. Even the name INDIA comes from INDUS (which flows through Pakistan now). The name India (pronounced /ˈɪndiə/) is derived from Indus, which is derived from the Old Persian word Hindu, from Sanskrit सिन्धु Sindhu, the historic local appellation for the Indus River. The ancient Greeks referred to the Indians as Indoi (Ινδοί), the people of the Indus.

This means the ancient Greeks were referring to people of Modern Day Pakistan, and not the Modern Day India.. Therefore, it is time to change the name of YOUR country too... :D:lol:

then why are you calling your nation Pakistan since it was the core of Indus valley civilization. I think you guys should change the name of Pakistan into "Industan"

No wonder your name is jinxed... its a civilisation, which has started...the beginning... of our ancestors.

then why are you calling your nation Pakistan since it was the core of Indus valley civilization. I think you guys should change the name of Pakistan into "Industan"

Why should we call it INDUSTAN? We can call our lands whatever we want.. PAKISTAN is better as it represents all provinces of Pakistan, unlike INDUSTAN which was mostly based around Indus river. Even the name INDUSTAN would fit Pakistan perfectly bcoz it is the core of Indus valley civilization.

But unlike ours, your country and national anthem is based on something which is NOT part of India anymore... :D

Forget about Iran, Netherlands etc... You guyz can't even hold those lands which are part of your National Anthem...
We havent lost a a part since independence..Unlike you know who..:azn:

Sindh is part of Pakistan now... :rofl: Also I am sure the name "India" doesn't rouses the heart of 70% Pakistani Punjabis on our side either... :victory:

Your National Anthem is outdated, it is time to CHANGE IT

Out dated or not, its still our anthem and stays...who knows;)

We havent lost a a part since independence..Unlike you know who..:azn:

Bangladesh isn't not part of Pakistan.. Bangladesh doesn't border us and WE never accepted them in the first place... There is NO "B" in Pakistan AND our National Anthem doesn't include references to Bengal... :D On the other hand, ur country name and anthem is based on something which is not part of India anymore... :rofl:

^^^^In behalf of all the Indians, u just replied on your own statement.:rolleyes:

Yes... BUT I won't base the name of my country which isn't part of my country geography anymore.. now calling Pakistan, Gangaland or Jamunaland doesn't make any sense.. does it ?

But we can name our country based on something which is part of Pakistan.... :rofl:

Bangladesh isn't not part of Pakistan.. Bangladesh doesn't border us and WE never accepted them in the first place... There is NO "B" in Pakistan AND our National Anthem doesn't include references to Bengal... :D On the other hand, ur country name and anthem is based on something which is not part of India anymore... :rofl:

wow! case of sour grapes if i ever saw one...:azn:

wow! case of sour grapes if i ever saw one...:azn:

No! Lemme explain it to you... Pakistanis never accepted Bangladeshis... thats a FACT! All ethnic groups of Pakistan used to consider Bangladeshis as something which they felt NO CONNECTION TOO (to put it politely). They have more in common with INDIA as compared to Pakistan. :partay:

Also loosing East Pakistan have no effect on our national anthem and our country's name... unlike "India" and its National Anthem.. :partay:

Also loosing East Pakistan have no effect on our national anthem and our country's name... unlike "India" and its National Anthem.. :partay:

The one and only problem with your national anthem is it is written in a foreign born language....Guess which foreign country:lol:

The one and only problem with your national anthem is it is written in a foreign born language....Guess which foreign country:lol:

Persian is not just the language of Iran.. it is the language of all countries of GREATER IRAN (which includes Western parts of Pakistan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan).. Deep Urdu is quite similar to Persian... If you read deep Urdu poetry written by great Urdu poets like Iqbal etc, it is in Persian. And Pakistan holding second largest Iranic population after Iran (Pashtuns, Balochis and Farsiwans)... having our National Anthem and country's name root in Persian isn't out of place.

The official language of Punjab and Sindh was also Persian before partition. Therefore, having our national anthem in Persian and linking ourselves with Persian culture is still NOT OF PLACE. Unlike your country's name and national anthem which was first sung to welcome George V on his visit to India.. references to Sindh and naming your country on something which isn't part of India anymore.. :partay::D

Back
Top Bottom