What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
Asim, mirwaziz is the part of a moderate huriyat faction. I got this info from the main stream media here. And he was always for talks with india. However there are many hardcore and extrimists seperatists(but not yet terrorists) and india knows how to differentiate them as the line is very clear to india.

Yesterday i had seen a interview with an hardcore extrimst seperatist Mr. Yaseen malik, i wonder if he had any role in the attacks. If people like him are leading the seperatists movement in kashmir i dont think that movement can generate much following.. coz he is really a brainless person..!!!!
Yaseen Malik's the only Kashmiri separatist to be known to be non-violent.

NO Kashmiri separatist is an extremists. Your mainstream media can do with a lesson in English, since none of them are fighting for an Islamic state, but are fighting for a very secular state just free from Indian rule.

Just because one wields a gun does not make him an extremist. Self-defence is perfectly a legitimate reason to wield a weapon.

By comparison, Fazal Haq Qureshi was a militant, he has fought and killed scores of Indian soldiers during his jawani days. He turned politician after his retirement and spent some time in jails as well.

Your mainstream media is busy spinning the story any way they can with half truths.

15,000 Soldiers Out Of Jammu And Kashmir, Orders Government

The 39 mountain division posted in the militant infested districts of Rajouri and Poonch have been returned to their base in Himachal Pradesh. The number accounts to nearly 15,000 troops.

The divison had been earlier moved to Jammu and Kashmir for counter insurgency operations in 1994 and was posted in Rajouri and Poonch when the infiltration was on a large scale.

After the ‘Operation Parakram in 2001 ‘ the division was again posted along the Line of Control in Rajouri and Poonch. According to highly placed sources in the Army, the movement had started in August and the complete withdrawal was done by the month of November.

The 39 Mountain Division played a vital role during ' Operation Sarp Vinash', which was launched to eliminate militants hiding in the Hill Kaka mountains of Rajouri in 2003. A large number of terrorists were killed by the security forces during that operation.

Rising Kashmir, Daily Newspaper - No ill will against anybody: Geelani

Srinagar, Dec 06: In the wake of attack on moderate separatist leader Fazal Haq Qureshi, Hurriyat Conference (G) Sunday said it had no control over any militant outfit operating in Jammu and Kashmir.
"We have no control over any militant outfit. We don't have any ill-will against anybody and cannot even imagine of hurting anyone," Syed Ali Geelani, Chairman of Hurriyat (G) told a rally here at Parimpora.

"We’re not involved in provocative statements. We only speak the truth," he said apparently referring to the statement of Hurriyat (M), blaming the attack on "irresponsible utterances".
"We even restrict people from making provocative slogans against India," Geelani said.

Srinagar: Hardline separatist leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani on Monday demanded the merger of Jammu and Kashmir with Pakistan, as leaders of the moderate Hurriyat faction spoke about independence and a dialogue over the state.

Addressing a mammoth gathering at the tourist reception centre here, Gillani said there was "no solution to the Kashmir issue other than merger with Pakistan".

"We are Pakistanis and Pakistan is us because we are tied with the country through Islam," he roared, as the crowd cheered him and chanted: "Hum Pakistani hain, Pakistan hamara hai" (We are Pakistanis, Pakistan is ours).

Taking a dig at the moderate Hurriyat leaders who shared the stage with him, Gillani said the leadership issue of the Kashmiri separatist movement was "solved today".

"Do you have faith in my leadership? I will be faithful to you till my death and will carry everyone along," he said, as the crowd applauded him shouting in unison "zaroor" (certainly).

Moderate Hurriyat leader Mirwaiz Umar Farooq in his speech earlier called for a trilateral dialogue over Jammu and Kashmir, whose ownership is disputed by India and Pakistan.

"We ask India to start a dialogue over Kashmir, open the Srinagar-Muzaffarabad road for trade and release all Kashmiris in Indian jails," he said.

Pro-independence leader Yasin Malik said that Kashmiris want "complete freedom" -- implying from both India and Pakistan.

However, Gillani countered their remarks saying all these issues would be solved once Kashmiris get their right to self-determination and merge with Pakistan.

The two factions of the Hurriyat Conference had been at loggerheads till recently but got united when the Kashmir Valley saw protests against the transfer of government land to the Amarnath shrine management two months ago.

The state government cancelled the order -- provoking protests in Jammu region and triggering an unprecedented communal divide in the state.

We are Pakistanis, says Kashmiri leader Geelani | Sangh Parivar

All of them want their land back which is occupied by India.

Simple as that.

Simple as that.

The king invited us and we laid our lives is history. This man is funded by Pakistan and is just returning the favore.

Yeah he and his followers can go to Pakistan. But Kashmir will remain here.

Followers? What followers?? These are people hired - through megabucks sent through hawala. Old coot Geelani gets every dissenting voice murdered, so no one opposes. And when the heat is turned on him, he, his mentors and minions cry about human rights.

This guy is so mired in the sin of killing innocents, that I for one cannot imagine his plight on the day of Qayaamat. All for his vanity, as money probably cannot do him any good at this age.

The king invited us and we laid our lives is history. This man is funded by Pakistan and is just returning the favore.

And thousands of Kashmiris who support him are also funded by Pakistan dahhhhhhhhhhh

And oh Mirwaiz Omar also wants Kashmiri land back, Yasin Malik also wants Kashmir land back which is occupied by India.

The millions of Kashmiris also want their land back so who are funding them???

Sooner or later Kashmir will be part of Pakistan, it's not the question of if it's about when. We have given the Kasmiri people their right, their government is totally seperate in terms Why india doesn't do that? Reasonis that India knows that Kasmiri will abondon India... Now you can make loud noises and cry but this is the reality.... Before you try to even prove me wrong give kashmiri people their Azad government who works under India and see if they wanna be with you guys like we did

And thousands of Kashmiris who support him are also funded by Pakistan dahhhhhhhhhhh

And oh Mirwaiz Omar also wants Kashmiri land back, Yasin Malik also wants Kashmir land back which is occupied by India.

The millions of Kashmiris also want their land back so who are funding them???

No sister Pakistan is funding them lmao

Simple as that.
India had not occupied their land ,we are trying to stop Kashmir joining Pakistan. If you don't know article 370 bans any Indians from migrating to Kashmir.

India had not occupied their land ,we are trying to stop Kashmir joining Pakistan. If you don't know article 370 bans any Indians from migrating to Kashmir.

You got to be kidding me dude India didn't occupy Kashmir but are trying kashmiri not to join Pakistan ahhahahah If people want to join then let them now you are occupied army as of your own artical 370. What do you call occupation? For heaven's sake you have half a million soilders in Kasmire and you call it not occupied. shame

Followers? What followers?? These are people hired - through megabucks sent through hawala. Old coot Geelani gets every dissenting voice murdered, so no one opposes. And when the heat is turned on him, he, his mentors and minions cry about human rights.

This guy is so mired in the sin of killing innocents, that I for one cannot imagine his plight on the day of Qayaamat. All for his vanity, as money probably cannot do him any good at this age.
Open your eyes,the valley people are Anti -Indian. Pakistan need not give them money to protest against India. They hate India like other Pakistanis. In fact they are Pakistanis.

Back
Top Bottom