What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
The court should have thrown it out, citing her right to free speech.

In that case then the court will be depriving another Indian citizen his constitutionally granted right to file FIRs and the Right to protest through Legal means. !

Surely Suzanne Arundati Roy is not some holy cow for the court to protect her right at the cost of another indian's right.

Last edited:
The court should have thrown it out, citing her right to free speech.
'Right to free speech' is limited by the law of land, e.g you can't libel in the name of free speech or deliver hate speech. If what she has said does indeed fall under the definition of sedition, then she has broken the law of land.

The Court is very much entitled to examine her case.

Yeah, a pretty cool guy. I've been following for a few weeks now.

You can listen/download all his songs here. If you check the Srinagar charts, there's about 3 more rappers.

This is "I Protest", one of his more popular songs.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ can you repost the link.. doesnt work

I have asked this before however do you think something like an autonomous status can be given to Kashmir such as Faeroe islands or even better example like Åland Islands. So that basically the entire region of Kashmir is given autonomy on both sides Pak and India. Thus opening up the borders that exist internally.While each side responsible for defence, foreign affairs etc...

Is something even thinkable with the people of Kashmir and bigger question among the peoples and Governments of India and Pakistan?

An autonomous state would not be viable, as both sides would interfere in the affairs of Kashmir. The issue for an indepedent state of Kashmir would still remain.

hmmm Gilani is not Indian so how can India register a case against him. Anyway its nothing new for him to be in jail by Indian invaders.

And as far as Arundhati is concerned the world is alive to raise voice against this Indian tyranny against her

well then what is gilani doing in India without a visa?an as such what would you doto a foreigner who involves in anti national activities...that gives enough reason for his arrest.......

if its the other way around...then he has an indian passport...ant thus enough reason to arrest on charges as stated by court.....

well if any one here is an animator or graphic designer i request him to answer these people!

@Asim: And this was worth banning so many members over? And suspending so many seniors? Including BENNY? I know you wouldn't have done the same if they'd said 'good riddance' over the dead balochi leader Akbar Bugti or Habib Baloch.
Oh and try not banning me over pointing that out.

Back
Top Bottom