What's new

Kashmir: a way forward

Even if the Kashmir issue is solved,the militantancy will not disappear but it is bound to stay & continue to be a headache.

plebicite of Kashmir entails ALL of Kashmir

there is no "Baloch issue" so its irrelevant to this topic
But the Balochis can demand plebicite like the Kashmiris,u cannot have different rules. For pakistanis,what happens in Kashmir is genunie freedom struggle while In Balochistan it is Indian sponsored terrorism.One should not forget the Baloch struggle has been going on right from 1947

plebicite of Kashmir entails ALL of Kashmir

there is no "Baloch issue" so its irrelevant to this topic

if plebiscite would have taken place, then there would have been no pakistan. :lol:

the only answer to kashmir is large scale demographic change.

A hypocritical state fighting a hypocritical battle.I never seem to understand the Pakistani position on Kashmir. On one side they say that Azad Kashmir is Azad Kashmir with independent legislative body and externally supported by Pakistan, where as in case of any negotiations upon Kashmir, the representatives of that Independent legislative body are missing, its just the Pakistani state.I wonder how many Pakistanis even know the name of the Prime Minister of Azad Kashmir, so much so for never ending love for Kashmir.
Why Mr. Ambassador has only written about the issues of J&K whereas his own countrymen are sitting on a major portion of Kashmir. Where are the Azad leaders of Azad Kashmir who may ask for negotiations with the Indian state, I never heard of one since Amanullah Khan. So my suggestion to Mr. Ambassador is that he needs to shed this hypocrisy and look inwards first, how they been treating Kashmiris in their own dominion.
Mr. Ambassador talks about demographic engineering, whereas his own state has been doing the same for decades now, bringing in more and more Punjabis to settle into Kashmir. Also,every Pakistani commentator fails to add the state of Gilgit & Baltistan which is also a part of the dispute and if a referendum ever comes up, residents of Gilgit and Baltistan will also be included to put in their choices.
Why do Pakistanis always come up with such "mutually acceptable" proposals whereas India will be deemed a looser? And why should India accept such proposals.

plebiscite is the only way forward, nothing less would be accepted either by Kashmiris/Pakistan
Oh really?? Then you would need to wait till the cows come home or the sun becomes a Red Giant or the stars start winking out signalling the end of the universe!

Get real. Talk for yourselves, not for Kashmiris. Whether you want a plebiscite or not doesn't count for shit! Kashmir is an Indian state and will forever remain so!! Period!

You guys have tried your darnedest to take Kashmir four times in the past but have come a cropper each time. So what else you gonna do? Call in the Martians for support now? :p:

Jammu and Kashmir is an integral part of India and will remain as an integralpart of India.You can take it or leave it.

If there was a trouble in that area then it prime reason is going back to 1948 tribal invasion.
Our westrern neighbour did enough cheating and adventures.Now there is no going back.We will not lose an inch of our soil.

I wonder what will happen to the IWT, if EVER a separate country called "Kashmir" is created..:P :P

We all know that neither India nor Pakistan will give their part of Kashmir willingly.

I will accept the LOC as real border, if it means we do not have to deal with headache that is Pakistan. Once the border is set, Pakistan will have no Casus belli to justify any further aggression against India.

But Pakistan needs an external enemy to unite different factions in their country, so I don't think they will accept any solution and will keep this issue alive for a long time.

Back
Top Bottom