What's new

Karzai admits to sheltering Baloch Terrorists

Hearing news on TV about wikileaks and latest news is India is involved in Baluchistan and Karzai is giving safe haven to Baluchi terrorists. Chalo yee be confirm ho giya.

Wikileaks also saying Musharaf was very very angry on American to let Indians use Afghanistan against Pakistan to support terrorism

Buddy, why do you selectively choose to accept some of the wikileaks but refuse some which doesnt suit pakistan, either all of them are correct or all of them not correct.

Last edited:
lol just my personal opinion bhai. I'd much rather have GOI secure our country at the borders and within.

True --- but one way of keeping yourself safe is 'keeping the enemy weak'

Chanakiyan tactics 101 ;)

How is this any different from Pakistan sheltering Afghan Taliban as well as supporting the same materially?
This can also be equated to the refusal of the Pakistani Govt and Army from attacking the AT or purging them from Pakistani lands....
Wasnt the above the content of the previous WikiLeaks?

It is in Pakistan's interest not to attack AT and its in Afg interest to keep Bugti and BLA issue burning....
I dont see how Pakistan's stand in this situation is better than say Afg

There is no evidence that Pakistan is supporting the Afghan Taliban materially, and the only place the Afghan Taliban can shelter in Pakistan is primarily North Waziristan. Regarding NW, the cables, and the statements from the Pakistani military, indicate that they recognize NW as a threat, not just to Afghanistan, but to Pakistan as well. Military officials have said that the majority of terrorist attacks in Pakistan today are in fact being directed from NW. But the military has also argued that it has resource constraints and political and public consensus issues it has to deal with before it launches an operation in NW.

Also, while Karzai is directly admitting to sheltering Baluch insurgents/terrorists and refusing to hand them over, there is nothing, so far, from the Pakistani side indicating that Mullah Omar is similarly kept in some sort of 'protective custody'.

Finally, as I pointed out before, this behavior of Afghanistan, of sheltering terrorists and insurgents from Baluchistan and FATA, extends all the way back to the early years of Pakistan's independence, and is not a recent development. Afghanistan's support for terrorists and insurgents in Pakistan is one of the reasons that Pakistan wants a friendly government in Afghanistan.

Buddy, why are you selectively choose to accept some of the wikileaks but refuse some which doesnt suit pakistan, either all of them are correct or all of them not correct.

These leaks quote Karzai directly - admitting to sheltering Baluch terrorists and refusing to deport them to Pakistan, and directly quote US officials as trying to find Bugti safe sanctuary in some other nation, instead of deporting him to Pakistan.

Surely you can see that the Afghan government is at fault here, and has played its part in poisoning the relationship with the Pakistani Military and strategic community, who now likely have very little reason to trust Afghanistan and strongly believe there is collaboration between Afghanistan and India to promote terrorism in Pakistan.

I don't understand how Karzai couldn't see that, and how the US was looking to keep Bugti safe through sanctuary in another country. How could Pakistan trust either country after this?

These leaks quote Karzai directly - admitting to sheltering Baluch terrorists and refusing to deport them to Pakistan, and directly quote US officials as trying to find Bugti safe sanctuary in some other nation, instead of deporting him to Pakistan.

Surely you can see that the Afghan government is at fault here, and has played its part in poisoning the relationship with the Pakistani Military and strategic community, who now likely have very little reason to trust Afghanistan and strongly believe there is collaboration between Afghanistan and India to promote terrorism in Pakistan.

I don't understand how Karzai couldn't see that, and how the US was looking to keep Bugti safe through sanctuary in another country. How could Pakistan trust either country after this?

Perhaps you didnt get my point, from the same wikileaks we see things that dont favour pakistan, pakistanis reject and laugh at it and even call it the work of cia/mosad, but once this wiki quote something that favour pakistan everybody jumps and accepts it as reality. The support of balouchs by Afghanistan might or might not be true, i am not talking about it.

This is not really surprising, puppet karzai and his govt don't even accept the durand line so i'm not really surprised that he and his so called "government" is supporting terrorism in Balochistan and Pakistan in general. And well india is known for supporting terrorists in Pakistan, just look at 1971 with East Pakistan.

Just for the record, If India is indeed in Pakistan's territory I as an Indian citizen want GOI to get the hell out.
Pakistani people are suffering needlessly already, we should be helping them prosper for the sake of our poor.

Pakistanis proudly accept and defend that "it is their right to interfere in Kashmir"..Why should Indians not reciprocate?

This is not really surprising, puppet karzai and his govt don't even accept the durand line so i'm not really surprised that he and his so called "government" is supporting terrorism in Balochistan and Pakistan in general. And well india is known for supporting terrorists in Pakistan, just look at 1971 with East Pakistan.

The taliban and all pashtoons in Afghanistan dont recognize this border either.

The taliban and all pashtoons in Afghanistan dont recognize this border either.

Well thats just too bad then, no one really cares about what they think because Pakistani Pushtuns are patriotic Pakistanis and would never want to join with a country like afghanistan ever. Anyways my point was that since Karzai and his govt do not recognize the durand line, i wouldn't be surprised that he and his government would give support to terrorists who want to break away from Pakistan and cause havoc in Balochistan.

Hearing news on TV about wikileaks and latest news is India is involved in Baluchistan and Karzai is giving safe haven to Baluchi terrorists. Chalo yee be confirm ho giya.

it is no secret that they recruit rebels and help train them in those ''consullates'' along the border

if any of this talk about ''disappeared persons'' is true, i sure hope its those brainwashed pawns who are the ones to be disappeared

it is also no secret that Bramdagh Bugti resides in Kabul, living lavishly under protection while standard Afghans face food insecurity, physical insecurity, etc.

Wikileaks also saying Musharaf was very very angry on American to let Indians use Afghanistan against Pakistan to support terrorism

Gen (retd.) Musharraf is very vocal on the subject. He was here in DC 3 weeks back and gave a background info on indian meddling to the mostly American audience

in fact, this is one reason why he is being denied a Visa to hindustan --even though it was indians who invited him in the first place :woot::lol:

Well thats just too bad then, no one really cares about what they think because Pakistani Pushtuns are patriotic Pakistanis and would never want to join with a country like afghanistan ever. Anyways my point was that since Karzai and his govt do not recognize the durand line, i wouldn't be surprised that he and his government would give his support to terrorists who want to break away from Pakistan and cause havoc in Balochistan.

I thought pashtoons of afghanistan are the only true friends of pakistan, i have got this perception from paksitani policieis and also with interacting with ordinary pakistanis they seem to think this way.

Perhaps you didnt get my point, from the same wikileaks we see things that dont favour pakistan, pakistanis reject and laugh at it and even call it the work of cia/mosad, but once this wiki quote something that favour pakistan everybody jumps and accepts it as reality. The support of balouchs by Afghanistan might or might not be true, i am not talking about it.
Perhaps you can stick to discussing the issue in terms of the positions I have taken on the various cables, and not just pick any random Pakistani's comments and apply them to every discussion.

These particular cables quote Karzai directly, I assume you agree on that.

True --- but one way of keeping yourself safe is 'keeping the enemy weak'

Chanakiyan tactics 101 ;)

yup.....and for every action, there is an equal and opposite REACTION ;)

you knew that though, I presume. That isnt Chanakiyan anything --- its simple common sense

Last edited:
I thought pashtoons of afghanistan are the only true friends of pakistan, i have got this perception from paksitani policieis and also with interacting with ordinary pakistanis they seem to think this way.

Not really, maybe some Pakistani Pushtuns and Pakistanis may feel that way in general. After seeing how these people feel about Pakistanis and how uncivilized they may act when they talk about Pakistan, the views are changing towards afghan pushtuns.

depends where you are....in more settled areas like Pekhawar, locals I have spoken to have a negative impression but its mostly due to the criminal behaviour of some of the Afghans

kidnapping, mobile phones snatching and other such crimes became more common; not to mention the fact that the afghans take local jobs and this creates a big resentment

sometimes Afghans try to hang their national flag in their small shops and this annoys people sometimes

they are still our brothers; but i hope the misguided can be healed and guided on proper path of life.....

in Pakhtun culture --- the host takes care of guest. But guest must be careful to show gratitude to host. If you are ingrateful, then you simply can't call yourself a man of honour. We Pakhtuns (regardless which side of border) take honour extremely seriously. It's as important as our balls.

Pakhtuns of Afghanistan have generally had better relations with Pakistan due to ethnical, linguistic and other similarities....not to mention trade links and cross-border movements

ethnic politics is always dirty and dangerous business which neither side can afford.....Afghans should realize this sooner than later for the betterment of their country

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom