What's new

Karrar MBT l Updates, News & Discussion

Because Thanks to sanction s that Russians did sign , they can't sell us t90 til 2021 ....
Yes not one of Rouhani and Zarifs smarter decisions sadly.It really depends on what loopholes there are available,altho` russia might not be able to sell tanks directly to iran it could still provide iran with all the data necessary for iran to produce it in iran under an iranian name and claim it as an indigenous design,time will tell I guess.

That. 2021 is about military airplanes not tanks

No it's about any offensive military devices ....

Simply , Russians were short sighted and put sanction on one of their customer that easily while USA sold billion dollars of weapon to her own customer and didn't share their market with them ....

According UN resolution 2231, all combat aircrafts, tanks, IFV, large-caliber artillery and missile systems, large military ships can be delivered to Iran until October 18, 2020 only with prior approval of UNSC, that impossible because of the US position.

Iran can freely buy SAM, radars, military transport aircrafts, ATGM, light vehicles and boats etc.

No it's about any offensive military devices ....

Simply , Russians were short sighted and put sanction on one of their customer that easily while USA sold billion dollars of weapon to her own customer and didn't share their market with them ....
It wasn't Russians, but long sighted Iranian negotiation team!

Do you know what is the purpose of that hexagonal sleeve that goes 1/3 of the length of the barrel? Is it to fend off bullets that may hit the barrel?

No clue, the only other tank to have a type of sleeve is the Polish PL-1 or whatever it's called and that is mostly to reduce RCS based on the shame.

It wasn't Russians, but long sighted Iranian negotiation team!
Actually it was both,the russians proved to be quite unreliable and untrustworthy and rouhani and co stupidly allowed the arms embargo to remain so I think theres more than enough blame to go around for everyone involved in this whole stupid fiasco

Last edited:
Actually it was both,the russians proved to be quite unreliable and untrustworthy and rouhani and co stupidly allowed the arms embargo to remain so I think theres more than enough blame to go around for everyone involved in this whole stupid fiasco
What's so bad about arm embargo . we now can get the products made some change and produce it and nobody can say anything , I believe its a lot better than just buy the finished products. About things we can produce ourselves also the embargo made us invest more and have our own weapons that nobody knows about their exact spec so that give us surprise factor.

These embargo made us go after designing or at least copying our own engine and know we have at least 3 jet engine . one for cruise missiles and UAVs like karrar one for light jet like Qaher and one heavier which is under development and the announced will be ready in not so far future which is for heavier jets.

Those embargo made us self sufficient in the fields of radars . if it wasn't for those embargoes we were still happy to give away oil money and get the finished product and like before the revolutions we still were not able to change the spare for our equipment.

I've a question why you guys are so sad that we can't buy those Sukhoi right now they are last generation technology if we wait this 6-7 years at least we can get something with more modern design maybe Russia move to their stealth jet and will be willing to sell non export version of their crafts and believe it there is a lot difference between their capabilities meanwhile we can build our light fighter to replace those f5 believe me if we manage to build that we can get better result in negotiations don't forget we didn't received S-300 till we showed the world finished parts of Bavar and then Russia was willing to upgrade the missiles to PMU-2 standards .

Look at our navy now we have our indigenous program there we can build our ships , boats , submarines and missiles if it was not for sanctions I assure you we still could not produce a small boat and would have imported them .

I believe military sanction is not bad in itself. They made you think on what yo really need and go after them not going on shopping spree like some countries in the region we all love and waste your money on everything you see and they tell you you absolutely must have it.

What's so bad about arm embargo . we now can get the products made some change and produce it and nobody can say anything , I believe its a lot better than just buy the finished products. About things we can produce ourselves also the embargo made us invest more and have our own weapons that nobody knows about their exact spec so that give us surprise factor.

These embargo made us go after designing or at least copying our own engine and know we have at least 3 jet engine . one for cruise missiles and UAVs like karrar one for light jet like Qaher and one heavier which is under development and the announced will be ready in not so far future which is for heavier jets.

Those embargo made us self sufficient in the fields of radars . if it wasn't for those embargoes we were still happy to give away oil money and get the finished product and like before the revolutions we still were not able to change the spare for our equipment.

I've a question why you guys are so sad that we can't buy those Sukhoi right now they are last generation technology if we wait this 6-7 years at least we can get something with more modern design maybe Russia move to their stealth jet and will be willing to sell non export version of their crafts and believe it there is a lot difference between their capabilities meanwhile we can build our light fighter to replace those f5 believe me if we manage to build that we can get better result in negotiations don't forget we didn't received S-300 till we showed the world finished parts of Bavar and then Russia was willing to upgrade the missiles to PMU-2 standards .

Look at our navy now we have our indigenous program there we can build our ships , boats , submarines and missiles if it was not for sanctions I assure you we still could not produce a small boat and would have imported them .

I believe military sanction is not bad in itself. They made you think on what yo really need and go after them not going on shopping spree like some countries in the region we all love and waste your money on everything you see and they tell you you absolutely must have it.
The embargo is a twin edged sword it forces iran to invest money and effort to develop its own military industries which is a good thing but it also means that a lot of time and money and effort has to be spent basically reinventing the wheel or designing and putting into service systems and weapons that just arent as good as ones you could`ve [in theory at least] purchased or having to reverse engineer someone elses system which isnt quick or cheap to do,not to mention that for a country like iran it is very,very expensive to try and produce literally everything yourself.Thats why I think for iran the best solution is a mixture of home grown and license built weapons/systems

Last edited:
The embargo is a twin edged sword it forces iran to invest money and effort to develop its own military industries which is good thing but it also means that a lot of time and money and effort has to be spent basically reinventing the wheel or designing and putting into service systems and weapons that just arent as good as ones you could`ve [in theory at least] purchased or having to reverse engineer someone elses system which isnt quick or cheap to do,not to mention that for a country like iran it is very,very expensive to try and produce literally everything yourself.Thats why I think for iran the best solution is a mixture of home grown and license built weapons/systems
Well if the sanction is over everything and target anything its damaging but if it target specific fields then its more a motivation than hindrance

So t-72 tanks will be upgraded to Karrar standards right?

That means Karrar is not a completely new product but more like an upgrade programme!

The T-90 it's self is nothing but a highly upgraded T-72

T-72's were produced in Iran under license so Iran possess all the tools, equipment & knowhow necessary to produce T-72's or an upgraded version of it called Karrar and YES Iran can also implement an upgrade program for some of it's current T-72's...

من ویدئو رو نگاه کردم ... موقع چرخش ۳۶۰ درجه (‌دریفت )‌مثل تانک های ایرانی شنی های یک محور رو قفل می کرد و بعد چرخش رو می داد ...

درست مثل ذوالفقار

http://www.aparat.com/v/G0NVW/دریفت_تانك_ذوالفقار_3

در حالی که تانک های مدرن غربی و تی ۹۰ اینکار رو با معکوس کردن حرکت شنی ها انجام می دهند ...
من به یوتیوب دسترسی ندارم برای همین نتونستم دریفت تی ۹۰ رو ببینم تا از این قضیه مطمئن بشم ...

به نظر می رسه که کرار ساخت داخل باشه ولی از موتور قدرتمندتری نسبت به ذوالفقار استفاده می کنه .... یا بهتر بگیم که کرار ادامه ی طبیعی پروژه ی ذوالفقار هست

1.Karrar edameh Zolfaghar neest
2.Zolfaghar sangeen tar as Karrar e motoresh ehtemalan eky e vali Zolfaghar chassieesh 7 charkh dareh o Karrar 6 ta

1824516_829.jpg

Iranian made laser warning system:
1824514_856.jpg

1824513_596.jpg

T14 prototype:
1825968_143.jpg

T90MS:
1824511_818.jpg

for those who want to use the google translate:
http://www.mashreghnews.ir/fa/news/...-کرار-روایتی-زرهی-از-آنچه-خوبان-همه-دارند-عکس

Sadly not even a panoramic thermal viewer/commanders sight and the remote gun station isnt integrated with any either,increasingly this just looks like nothing more than an old t72 with some cosmetic t90ms look a likes added on for appearance sake.

Back
Top Bottom