What's new

Karnataka corner!

I was at Malpe Beach,,,,so here ,,,for boat rides,,,if u speak tulu u ll be charged less comapared to people who talked in kannada,,
Mangloreans kinda give a stare when they watch some 1 talking in kannada in Mangalore...

1.aadi dravida mozhi(ancient dravidan language).then..
1.1haleya gannada.
1.2kodum Tamil
then.haleya Kannada-- Kannada,tulu,kodagu&telegu
1.2kodum Tamil--modern Tamil(Tamilnadu)&old Malayalam
1.1.1Kannada-badaga.
1.2.1old Malayalam-new Malayalam,srilankan Tamil and beary bashe.

:tup:

bhoomi,nakshatra,chandra,prapancha,shrushti,mekha,parihaara,abhipraya,mathra,manushya,saadya,labhya,jeevana,paapa,dhanika,aasheerwaada,pathra,drohi,vidhyaarthi,vayassu,pusthaka,paravasha,ananda,santhosha,dhukka,novu,snana,gandha,asooya,kalla,vividha,mara,mannu,aahaara,sthana,pradesha,vyavastha,mukhiya pradaana,paapa,naraga,solpa,sorga,sangeetha,chithra,shabhtha,shathru,mithra,dushta,vethiyaasa,andakaara,deepa,hrudaya,sambala,neer,divasa,vara,nimisha,varsha...etc.
any similarities with Malayalam?
many of the Sanskrit derived words in Malayalam are also in Kannada.so its very easy for a Malayali to study Kannada.

I understood 90% of the words you just posted, and I know for the majority of those words, there is a Malayalam words as well.

I had hward abt pikslara bhashe long ago from my friend however, it's still kannada with some twist as per him,

parden my any typo becos I am high now, already had 2 quarters of whiskey :D

It wasn't obvious at all you were drunk =D

Done :) Its got english subtitles though i recommend you to forward all the songs :P

Thanks buddy =)

I have heard about that. & mostly GSBs have their kula devate in Goa.. right? I think Vijay Mallya has his Kula Devate in Goa. I heard him saying once!

Hmmm. They are called Kula Devatha in Malayalam.

Good stuff, I am learning more and more :)

what were expecting then ? :p

Canada was probably @cloud_9 meant.

Mecca for Punjabis. =P

Last edited:
Believe me, the last Kannada movie which I had watched was " Mungaaru Male " when I was in B'lore :D :D

Since you are recommending, I will give it a shot :)

Gaalipata and Manasaare weren't so bad...but I still won't recommend them. :)

kannada film industry suffers from unprofessionalism and nepotism.
Every film industry suffers from them to some extent, but they command a loyal customer & fan base that masks the deleterious effects somewhat. With dwindling fans and moviegoers alike, the factors that ail Sandalwood are exposed in greater detail.

Namaskara sir nanagu kalsi.
Suswagata :)

Last edited:
Every film industry suffers from them to some extent, but they command a loyal customer & fan base that masks the deleterious effects somewhat. With dwindling fans and moviegoers alike, the factors that ail Sandalwood are exposed in greater detail.

Suswagata :)

Mohanlal and Mammootty fanclubs in Kerala :cuckoo:

Dwindling fans hit kerala more because we have the lowest population in SI states lol.

Namaskara Sir. Suswagata! :)
That's usually the case for people living near the border regions or in Bangalore. But I've been in Bangalore most of my life and haven't picked up any neighbouring language. :( But yeah, in Bangalore, I know many who've mastered all 4 major S.Indian languages.

Bang on! :tup: I realised it the moment I typed that. My reasoning was flawed on many levels. This Us vs Them is such a recent phenomenon.

:blink:

how is that possible?

:blink:

how is that possible?

I seriously don't know how they learnt it. I think movies have a played a big part too. A friend of mine is so good that people rarely guess his actual mothertongue, which is Konkani!

@JanjaWeed Did you know there existed a beauty pageant titled 'Miss South India'?At least I didn't. Apparently, 3 Shetty girls from Karnataka have won the Winner, 1st & 2nd runner-up titles! :woot: :yahoo:

State girls sweep Miss South India titles - The Hindu

Damn, you Bunts are Lucky! :D

We had a miss world as well from our community! :D

I remember in late 1980's, when Dr. Rajkumar once came to Mangala stadium, he was a little taken aback. He was expecting a sea of fanatical fans thronging the stadium, like he used to witness in other parts of Karnataka. But instead there was a decent sized crowd who behaved like good kids in school assembly who came in very orderly fashion, silently enjoyed the show and left quietly..

Oh yes! that would have been a culture shock for him, considering the fact that he was literally worshiped everywhere he goes :lol:

Last edited:
I seriously don't know how they learnt it. I think movies have a played a big part too. A friend of mine is so good that people rarely guess his actual mothertongue, which is Konkani!

Do you guys have Sarpa Kavvus in Karnataka? This where every ancestral home would have a shrine deidcated to the serpent gods.

We had a miss world as well from our community! :D

I guess the Bunts are ubiquitous in the entertainment world.

Back
Top Bottom