What's new

Karnataka corner!

That's some scary ceremony, bro. Interestingly, Prakash Rai has acted in a Kannada movie called Nagamandala. It's about a snake that starts to masquerade as a man as it's smiiten by his wife. But the story is set in North Karnataka.

It is scary.. & even I get scared to go to some of the bana back home. Some are really dense & thick with lot of ant hills (apparently that's where serpents live). 'cause you are not allowed to modify anything, unless you do naga pratishta & get the go ahead then.

It is scary.. & even I get scared to go to some of the bana back home. Some are really dense & thick with lot of ant hills (apparently that's where serpents live). 'cause you are not allowed to modify anything, unless you do naga pratishta & get the go ahead then.

There's no dearth of dense vegetation in Tulunadu as it is. :) The Naga Dosha Homas are also more frequently done in Tulunadu. Are snakes killed if they intrude homes, or is it strictly forbidden?

That's interesting, as a Lot of Nair Tharavadu (where the clan lives) have a serpent grove.

I see some similarities here. Don't know if they are coincidental.

There's no dearth of dense vegetation in Tulunadu as it is. :) The Naga Dosha Homas are also more frequently done in Tulunadu. Are snakes killed if they intrude homes, or is it strictly forbidden?

You are strictly not allowed to kill them. Even if you find a dead serpent it's your duty to conduct it's uttar kriya. Believe me.. it still happens!

That's interesting, as a Lot of Nair Tharavadu (where the clan lives) have a serpent grove.

I see some similarities here. Don't know if they are coincidental.

I think the belief is same... but tradition might differ!

It wasn't obvious at all you were drunk =D

Ha ha :haha: :haha:

One of my close friend had come to meet me after 8 long years and we thought of celebrating to remember our good old Engineering days ! Fortunately, my family members were also on vacation so that gave me a chance to convert my house into a temporary bar for y'day :D

so what are we meeting up and getting high/stoned?

Btw - I am mallu whose grand dad moved to blore and married a tamil lady [grand mum] :D So yeah Bangalore boy i am.

You are strictly not allowed to kill them. Even if you find a dead serpent it's your duty to conduct it's uttar kriya. Believe me.. it still happens!

I endorse your statements. There's a belief according to which if one ever harms a Cobra, he and his family will be cursed with Sarpa Dosha.

so what are we meeting up and getting high/stoned?

What or when ? ;)

Btw - I am mallu whose grand dad moved to blore and married a tamil lady [grand mum] So yeah Bangalore boy i am.

Suswagatha :)

I endorse your statements. There's a belief according to which if one ever harms a Cobra, he and his family will be cursed with Sarpa Dosha.

What or when ? ;)

Suswagatha :)

hHAHA Typo, I meant WHEN. :D

Suswagatha to you to bro :D

Yaradru ranji follow madta idiri? Karnataka is on a roll with 6 consecutive outright wins and looking all set to make it to the final

Punjab v Karnataka, Ranji Trophy, semifinals, Mohali, 3rd day Report : Karun Nair hundred puts Karnataka in charge | Cricket News | ESPN Cricinfo

Kukke Subramanya is famous for that. Naga dosha homa. Even famous people like Sachin Amitabh and all did that pooja there.

Btw, Germany alli elli? I was in germany for quite a while in Dresden and Heidelberg area.

Yaradru ranji follow madta idiri? Karnataka is on a roll with 6 consecutive outright wins and looking all set to make it to the final

Punjab v Karnataka, Ranji Trophy, semifinals, Mohali, 3rd day Report : Karun Nair hundred puts Karnataka in charge | Cricket News | ESPN Cricinfo

Kukke Subramanya is famous for that. Naga dosha homa. Even famous people like Sachin Amitabh and all did that pooja there.

Btw, Germany alli elli? I was in germany for quite a while in Dresden and Heidelberg area.

Naan cricinfo nalli follow maadta idini Ranji na....We have a very good chance of winning it this year. But our top order is very erratic for some reason. No consistency. Either it's a straight failure or a top-notch hundred by most batsmen. In the 1st innings of the previous match, there were 3 ducks and 3 hundreds by the top 6. :blink:

Germanyaag eeli anta illi helak aagvald pa. :)

Naan cricinfo nalli follow maadta idini Ranji na....We have a very good chance of winning it this year. But our top order is very erratic for some reason. No consistency. Either it's a straight failure or a top-notch hundred by most batsmen. In the 1st innings of the previous match, there were 3 ducks and 3 hundreds by the top 6. :blink:

Germanyaag eeli anta illi helak aagvald pa. :)

True that! The score card read like 100 0 0 100 0 100 of top 6 :D

I used to wonder so many Bombay bound buses in Mangalore back in the 90s - which is a 1100kms distance IINM. is it the same after Konkan railways also? some old names are they still operating- Ballal motors,CPC etc.

also are DK people migrated to Bombay in large numbers long back?

I used to wonder so many Bombay bound buses in Mangalore back in the 90s - which is a 1100kms distance IINM. is it the same after Konkan railways also? some old names are they still operating- Ballal motors,CPC etc.

also are DK people migrated to Bombay in large numbers long back?

I'm not too aware of the present situation. But regarding migration, yes, the people of DK have been migrating to Mumbai right from colonial times. They were already in substantial numbers by the time Shiv Sena started it's hate-mongering against 'Madrasis' (or 'Yandu Gundus' as they were derided by SS) in 1970s. A lot of these 'Madrasis' were actually from DK.

@kseeker @JanjaWeed @malgudi @Hermione @vivINDIAN @takeiteasy @Thirdfront @bornmoron @Ravi Nair @scorpionx @nair @Nair saab @Roybot @levina @chak de INDIA

This is supposedly a promo-clip for an upcoming Kannada film by Upendra, a Superstar in Sandalwood. The name of the film is Uppi-2(intentionally made to sound like Uppittu, a dish from Karnataka).

I had one of the most intense bursts of Laughter in recent days on seeing this clip. Watch as MMS, Pappu, Annaji, Modiji and Baba Ramdev endorse this film. Guaranteed to give you a laugh too. :)

Last edited:
@kseeker @JanjaWeed @malgudi @Hermione @vivINDIAN @takeiteasy @@Thirdfront @bornmoron @Ravi Nair @scorpionx @nair @Nair saab @Roybot @levina @chak de INDIA

This is supposedly a promo-clip for an upcoming Kannada film by Upendra, a Superstar in Sandalwood. The name of the film is Uppi-2(intentionally made to sound like Uppittu, a dish from Karnataka).

I had one of the most intense bursts of Laughter in recent days on seeing this clip. Watch as MMS, Pappu, Annaji, Modiji and Baba Ramdev endorse this film. Guaranteed to give you a laugh too. :)

That was really funny. For a moment I thought Rajanikant was speaking in Kannada for real! It's only the clip immediately after that gave it away! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom