What's new

Kargil War 1999 - A Dedication

NO.
Not only that, but Pakistan was also battered economically and diplomatically post your Kargil fiasco. Just look at where Pakistan stands today.

You don't have to worry about Pakistan's social and economical condition. Just answer my question.

What was your objective for Kargil War and do you claim the "victory" for achieving those objectives. What were the primary objectives.

1 Taking all the lost posts and peaks back from Pakistan
2 Securing National Highway.

Right???

:):)

What was your objective for Kargil War and do you claim the "victory" for achieving those objectives. What were the primary objectives.

our only objective was to eliminate ur regular army that had infiltrated into our area !!! and we were fully successful in that !!!!

our only objective was to eliminate ur regular army that had infiltrated into our area !!! and we were fully successful in that !!!!

So you think you secured all the posts and peaks from Pakistan. Right??

You don't have to worry about Pakistan's social and economical condition. Just answer my question.

1 Taking all the lost posts and peaks back from Pakistan
2 Securing National Highway.

Right???

1) Embarrassment for Pakistan in front of the whole world.

2) Isolation from the International community

3) Total defeat on the military front.

4) This backstab by Pakistan resulted in the peace process being derailed.

5) Pakistan's economy in shreds.

6)Military coup right after

7) Sanctions imposed

8) LOC getting international recognition

9) Pakistan's support of terrorism being recognized by the world.

10) People in Pakistan disgusted by the way The government treated its own soldiers.

For India -

1) Massiv victory

2) Moral higher ground

3) Did not cross the LOC, managed to keep the war limited.

4) Stock markets on a bull run after

5) Managed to bring the LOC and Kashmir into international limelight.

6) Increased defense spending

7) Total makeover of the armed forces

8) The world praises India for the way we conducted the war.

9) We returned your soldiers dead bodies in a dignified manner where everyone know what Pakistan did with the lone pilot you managed to capture.

10) All in all Massive victory for India and a turning point in south Asia.

Do you still think Kargil was anything but an Indian victory, get up and smell the coffee my friend. Kargil was the biggest mistake in Pakistan's history. It started of a huge chain of events which you guys are still suffering from. If there was no Kargil, there would be no Musharaff and maybe Pakistan's story would have been different today.

1) Embarrassment for Pakistan in front of the whole world.

2) Isolation from the International community

3) Total defeat on the military front.

4) This backstab by Pakistan resulted in the peace process being derailed.

5) Pakistan's economy in shreds.

6)Military coup right after

7) Sanctions imposed

8) LOC getting international recognition

9) Pakistan's support of terrorism being recognized by the world.

10) People in Pakistan disgusted by the way The government treated its own soldiers.

For India -

1) Massiv victory

2) Moral higher ground

3) Did not cross the LOC, managed to keep the war limited.

4) Stock markets on a bull run after

5) Managed to bring the LOC and Kashmir into international limelight.

6) Increased defense spending

7) Total makeover of the armed forces

8) The world praises India for the way we conducted the war.

9) We returned your soldiers dead bodies in a dignified manner where everyone know what Pakistan did with the lone pilot you managed to capture.

10) All in all Massive victory for India and a turning point in south Asia.

Do you still think Kargil was anything but an Indian victory, get up and smell the coffee my friend. Kargil was the biggest mistake in Pakistan's history. It started of a huge chain of events which you guys are still suffering from. If there was no Kargil, there would be no Musharaff and maybe Pakistan's story would have been different today.

I was asking for primary objectives of your ops during Kargil War and you are providing me with a long list of any typical Indians ego satisfying dreams.

Please tell me about the primary objective of your army during Kargil War...

:)

I was asking for primary objectives of your ops during Kargil War and you are providing me with a long list any typical Indians ego satisfying dreams.

first of all come out of the denial that kargil was anything but an all out Indian victory. Secondly our objectives were simple, push the terrorist supported by the Pakistani army back into your territory and keep the war contained within this region. We were successful at both. Pakistan's main objective was to push into India and cut of the main road to Leh and internationalize the Kashmir issue. Both were utter failures and the history of Pakistan after 1999 is testament to the fact. I dont know what the state sponsored media in Pakistan has told you about the Kargil war but every neutral source available cites a huge Indian victory setting of India into a new age of nationalism and modernization where Pakistan fell into a military coup and subsequent extremist revolt.

I was asking for primary objectives of your ops during Kargil War and you are providing me with a long list of any typical Indians ego satisfying dreams.

They will not tell you because they know it was a lost by all mean..;)

They will not tell you because they know it was a lost by all mean..;)

sorry but if you guys are in denial then there is nothing anyone can do about it. Keep living in denial but history tell us both what the truth really is.

Last edited by a moderator:
first of all come out of the denial that kargil was anything but an all out Indian victory. Secondly our objectives were simple, push the terrorist supported by the Pakistani army back into your territory and keep the war contained within this region. We were successful at both. Pakistan's main objective was to push into India and cut of the main road to Leh and internationalize the Kashmir issue. Both were utter failures and the history of Pakistan after 1999 is testament to the fact. I dont know what the state sponsored media in Pakistan has told you about the Kargil war but every neutral source available cites a huge Indian victory setting of India into a new age of nationalism and modernization where Pakistan fell into a military coup and subsequent extremist revolt.

You again repeated the same rant. I am just asking you that

You were fighting the Kargil war.
You were conducting a Operation Vijay in the kargil war
You celebrated that strange Vijay Divas or whatever it is as a victory.

So that is why I am asking you that whether your primary objectives of this war are achieved or not. It is a simple question. I am not asking you something from rocket science.

You again repeated the same rant. I am just asking you that

You were fighting the Kargil war.
You were conducting a Operation Vijay in the kargil war
You celebrated that strange Vijay Divas or whatever it is as a victory.

So that is why I am asking you that whether your primary objectives of this war are achieved or not. It is a simple question. I am not asking you something from rocket science.

omg let me break this down for you

Primary Objective - Win back all territory and send the terrorist and the Pakistani army back into Pakistan - Achieved

Secondary - Keep the war limited to the region , do not cross or allow the crossing of the LOC. - Achieved

Are you satisfied now ?

omg let me break this down for you

Primary Objective - Win back all territory and send the terrorist and the Pakistani army back into Pakistan - Achieved

Secondary - Keep the war limited to the region , do not cross or allow the crossing of the LOC. - Achieved

Are you satisfied now ?

So you take back all the posts from Pakistan that it gained during Kargil war?

Is this the reason you are claiming victory?

So you take back all the posts from Pakistan that it gained during Kargil war?

Is this the reason you are claiming victory?

I know what your coming at Areesh, you are going to cite a page from Mr.Musharaff's bio where he says that some peaks are still on control of Pakistan or some report in the Pakistani media also citing the same. Please read the following -

"The Indian army launched its final attacks in the last week of July; as soon as the Drass subsector had been cleared of Pakistani forces, the fighting ceased on July 26. The day has since been marked as Kargil Vijay Diwas (Kargil Victory Day) in India. By the end of the war, India had resumed control of all territory south and east of the Line of Control, as was established in July 1972 as per the Simla Agreement."

If you are going to cite Musharaff's bio, please dont as its one of the world bio's ever written with huge lies in it. I have read it myself and wanted to tear the book at many times. Other reports stating that India did not capture back all territory are released initially by the Pakistani media in a face saving operation. As confirmed by our army chief all position were taken back and set in according to the Shimla Agreement. All in all it was a total Indian victory and Pakistani should just accept it and forget this old matter.

@desiman - He's gona post a recent news item from an Indian channel that said that a couple of posts are still under Pak control.

I know what your coming at Areesh, you are going to cite a page from Mr.Musharaff's bio where he says that some peaks are still on control of Pakistan or some report in the Pakistani media also citing the same. Please read the following -

"The Indian army launched its final attacks in the last week of July; as soon as the Drass subsector had been cleared of Pakistani forces, the fighting ceased on July 26. The day has since been marked as Kargil Vijay Diwas (Kargil Victory Day) in India. By the end of the war, India had resumed control of all territory south and east of the Line of Control, as was established in July 1972 as per the Simla Agreement."

If you are going to cite Musharaff's bio, please dont as its one of the world bio's ever written with huge lies in it. I have read it myself and wanted to tear the book at many times. Other reports stating that India did not capture back all territory are released initially by the Pakistani media in a face saving operation. As confirmed by our army chief all position were taken back and set in according to the Shimla Agreement. All in all it was a total Indian victory and Pakistani should just accept it and forget this old matter.

No I wasn't going to cite anything from Musharraf's biography. I was just asking you to give me the primary objective.

And confirming you that whether that objective was achieved or not.

You took back all the posts from Pakistan it gained during the Kargil war and secured National Highway. But no Indian is willing to give me a simple answer.

No I wasn't going to cite anything from Musharraf's biography. I was just asking you to give me the primary objective.

And confirming you that whether that objective was achieved or not.

You took back all the posts from Pakistan it gained during the Kargil war and secured National Highway. But no Indian is willing to give me a simple answer.

what more of a simple answer are you looking for areesh, i stated the objectives and whether they were achieved or not. What more would you like me to state ?

Back
Top Bottom