What's new

Kargil: A Debacle or A Lost Opportunity?

For both sarthak and Su 30mki
Brave Pakistani men fought in kargil were trained in guerilla warfare. As you know that in guerilla warfare men are not supported by war machine like infantry in convectional warfare. In guerilla warfare only thing they have is time a lots and lots and lots of time, in kargil case these men were given the time needed to finished the job.

Do n t give me the bullshit of nawaz sharif begging . Do n t forget it was Indians also pleading in front of international community.

@chindit

if india was defeating us in kargil why was it threatning to open another front....just crush us where you are "ALREADY WINNING" & the enemy is in retreat!! why open more fronts???

well convinently you quoted the part you wanted to and forgot to mention the part that PAF was never asked its opinon about the matter & read the last line PAF discontinued flights....PAF lacked BVRs...

i guess you are not much of an airforce man are you...?

in 1965 when we were capturing AKHNUR india to release the pressure attacked the international border at SIALKOT....

in 1971 we were losing in East PAKISTAN...we opened up the Western border.....

in 1999 india was actually engaging divisions against a few handful of soldiers and height was on our side...

INDIA won the MEDIA war and since then INDIAN media never looked back...and just moved ahead leaps and bounds in media warfare and propaganda!! hands down media war INDIA is victorious compared to pakistan till today even in the 2008 stand off we were made the "AGRESSORS" in indian media & we were provoking!!

well convinently you quoted the part you wanted to and forgot to mention the part that PAF was never asked its opinon about the matter & read the last line PAF discontinued flights....PAF lacked BVRs...

Never try to fight a war that you know you cannot win. If you withdrew from Kargil - you lost - period. no amount of excuses and blaming takloo or uncle sam will change that fact.

if PAF doesnt have BVR , then what? next you will say, PAF did not have MiG-29s, PAF did not have a forward airbase - excuses excuses.

kargil is the best thing pakistan did to bring indians together. Other that that we are busy burning ourselves on reservation, riots and then came kargil and we all became indians.

general indian attitude is:
10 people died in bomb blast - who cares These pakistani terrorists are not up to the mark.sikhs were better. miss those radios.

1000000000 died in tsunami- who cares.is it safe to have fish now? no fish for one week.

pak attacks india in kargil - who cares. junk fellows dont they have snow in pakistan? will i get leave if they attack

china says india stole their land....--- these chinese are real slow...now they are realising after so many years.....they thought they won the 62 war. but land is still with us. :-)

month end:
30% salary cut for war tax - ayyo we have war.

we all paid our taxes for the first and last time and became indians.

:cheers:

i think it was called kargil surcharge. i am very bad in tax things. so may be wrong in calling it a tax.

i think it was called kargil surcharge. i am very bad in tax things. so may be wrong in calling it a tax.

I am sorry you are mistaken. there was no surcharge at any point of time. and nothing in the range of 30% or even 5%

@ sarthak can you give me a link saying we had 2 weeks of fuel left & india was blocking our ports....

Sure dude.

This is an extract from a long article on kargil war from wikipedia
Kargil War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

India discovers infiltration and mobilizes
Initially, these incursions were not detected for a number of reasons: Indian patrols were not sent into some of the areas infiltrated by the Pakistani forces and heavy artillery fire by Pakistan in some areas provided cover for the infiltrators. But by the second week of May, the ambushing of an Indian patrol team, acting on a tip-off by a local shepherd in the Batalik sector, led to the exposure of the infiltration. Initially with little knowledge of the nature or extent of the encroachment, the Indian troops in the area assumed that the infiltrators were jihadis and claimed that they would evict them within a few days. Subsequent discovery of infiltration elsewhere along the LoC, and the difference in tactics employed by the infiltrators, caused the Indian army to realize that the entire plan of attack was on a much bigger scale. The total area seized by the ingress is generally accepted to between 130 km² - 200 km²;[28][34] Musharraf however, stated that 500 square miles (1,300 km²) of Indian territory was occupied.[31]

The Government of India responded with Operation Vijay, a mobilisation of 200,000 Indian troops. However, because of the nature of the terrain, division and corps operations could not be mounted; the scale of the subsequent fighting was mostly at the regimental or battalion level. In effect, two divisions of the Indian Army,[35] numbering 20,000, plus several thousand from the Paramilitary forces of India and the air force were deployed in the conflict zone. The total number of Indian soldiers that were involved in the military operation on the Kargil-Drass sector was thus close to 30,000. The number of infiltrators, including those providing logistical backup, has been put at approximately 5,000 at the height of the conflict.[12][28][33] This figure includes troops from Pakistan-administered Kashmir that were involved in the war providing additional artillery support.

The Indian Air Force launched Operation Safed Sagar in support of the mobilization of Indian land forces, but its effectiveness during the war was limited by the high altitude, which in turn limited bomb loads and the number of airstrips that could be used.

The Indian Navy also readied itself for an attempted blockade of Pakistani ports (primarily Karachi port)[36] to cut off supply routes.[37] Later, the then-Prime Minister of Pakistan Nawaz Sharif disclosed that Pakistan was left with just six days of fuel to sustain itself if a full-fledged war had broken out.[12]

I can give you several other links if you dont beleive me . Its just that wikipedia is the most reliable .

Okay I understand the confusion. The Kargil Surcharge is a "tax on tax" its not a direct tax. Say if your income was 1,00,000 Rupees and your Income tax is calculated to be 30% - i.e Rs30,000 is your income tax. Then the Kargil Surcharge of 10% to 15% is that on the tax amount (i.e Rs 3,000 to Rs 4,500) . In effect the surcharge is less than 5% of your total income. Essentially, while I may have been paying 30% of income tax before, with the surcharge on, I will be paying 33%

In 1999, if you were earning 1 lac per year, you were a top earner!

I can give you several other links if you dont beleive me . Its just that wikipedia is the most reliable .

yes please other links i am not a big wikipedia fan unlike most of my indian counterparts!!

and as for a withdrawl well defeat on the battlefield never occured...according to ZEE NEWS,STAR NEWS,NDTV you won good for you whatever let's you sleep at night boys....

this video has not much to do with kargil but kind of shows the truth behind indian army false claims....

Last edited by a moderator:

yes please other links i am not a big wikipedia fan unlike most of my indian counterparts!!

and as for a withdrawl well defeat on the battlefield never occured...according to ZEE NEWS,STAR NEWS,NDTV you won good for you whatever let's you sleep at night boys....

this video has not much to do with kargil but kind of shows the truth behind indian army false claims....

fzolnqTdapk[/media] - Indian Army Chief refused to reply Pakistani Army Brigadier in New Delhi (face to face)
kerosine smell

Last edited by a moderator:
For both sarthak and Su 30mki
Brave Pakistani men fought in kargil were trained in guerilla warfare. As you know that in guerilla warfare men are not supported by war machine like infantry in convectional warfare. In guerilla warfare only thing they have is time a lots and lots and lots of time, in kargil case these men were given the time needed to finished the job.

Do n t give me the bullshit of nawaz sharif begging . Do n t forget it was Indians also pleading in front of international community.

Their is not doubt they fight bravely, Well if you know your entire Big artillery guns are pounding round the clock in support of them.

What job they finished? What was their job ? To hold the ground but they start losing the ground with time.

India never pledge, its international Comm asking India to forgive PAK, and see how Nawaz Run to America and PAK Gen run to China and while Indian Sitting at home.

@chindit

if india was defeating us in kargil why was it threatning to open another front....just crush us where you are "ALREADY WINNING" & the enemy is in retreat!! why open more fronts???

i guess you are not much of an airforce man are you...?

in 1965 when we were capturing AKHNUR india to release the pressure attacked the international border at SIALKOT....

in 1971 we were losing in East PAKISTAN...we opened up the Western border.....

in 1999 india was actually engaging divisions against a few handful of soldiers and height was on our side...

INDIA won the MEDIA war and since then INDIAN media never looked back...and just moved ahead leaps and bounds in media warfare and propaganda!! hands down media war INDIA is victorious compared to pakistan till today even in the 2008 stand off we were made the "AGRESSORS" in indian media & we were provoking!!

Yea but who knows the real number of those Handfull solders ??PAk gen not ready to tell anything about kargil to pak people.

Back
Top Bottom