What's new

Karachi: Zulfiqar Mirza's statement triggers another round of violence

ANP traitors have already destroyed Peshawar/Khyber-P and now they're doing their best to make Karachi into another Peshawar.

As usual the worthless federal and Sindh provincial governments are doing nothing as PPP and ANP mafias are turning Karachi into a hell!

Our pashtun brothers used to live with us very peacefully. They are obviously on some high posts in various organization but some jobs were very specific for our poor pashtoon brothers, these were Watchman, drivers, Tandoors, Cobblers, Labour, and of course the Transport.

These ANP people have unnecessarily flamed the ethnic issues in Karachi.

its so pathetic out here, both mqm, anp and ppp are equally responsible

Last edited by a moderator:
As someone who grew up in Karachi and once supported MQM in its very early history, here is my understanding of the situation.
1) MQM has a stake in keeping Karachi peaceful. Better be peaceful especially under MQM control but peaceful above all. That is because MQM's vote bank will not tolerate MQM ruining their lives.
2) Karachiities--and not just Mohajirs--are the most literate, organized, vibrant and law abiding of all Pakistani citizens. However, people from FATA have a culture which make movies in Pashto called 'Topak Zaman Qanun' ('My Law Flows Through Gun'--roughly translated). These FATA people, along with hundreds of thousands of Afghan refugees--I don't use 'Pashtuns' for them as such--are some of the most backward and violent people in Pakistan. They may be Pashtuns ethnically but they have killed more Pashtuns than anyone else has killed Pashtuns.
3) Karachi is a very rich city. Any political party which controls the Karachi governments has access to lots of money. A LOT of money. More money in Karachi in terms of liquid cash then perhaps entire K-P and Baluchistan provinces combined. That's a lot of incentives for power politics. MQM does not want to lose its turf. ANP is conveniently playing ethnic card. Essentially, ANP is the culprit more than MQM here. While ANP may be threatened by the Talibans and their idological cousins in K-P when it comes to Karachi there is the vote-politics--for money.

So what can be done? Something. ANYTHING. If this violence is not stopped then there will be more and more 'revenge' attacks, resulting in innocent bystanders dying.

Remove all Afghans from Karachi. Remove weapons from all citizens throughout Pakistan. Make MQM realize that Karachi now has a sizeable Pashtun population and have equal rights SO LONG AS they don't bring FATA into Karachi. This can be a win-win situation.

PS. My neighbors in Karachi were both Pashtuns and Punjabis. We lived like brothers. In fact, my adopted sister is a Pashtun.

Our pashtun brothers used to live with us very peacefully. They are obviously on some high posts in various organization but some jobs were very specific for our poor pashtoon brothers, these were Watchman, drivers, Tandoors, Cobblers, Labour, and of course the Transport.

These ANP people have unnecessarily flamed the ethnic issues in Karachi.

I agree.

They beauty of Karachi is that you can find almost any ethnic group from South Asia and beyond living there. And no one saying that Pashtun people are not welcome-because they are. But when you have traitor parties like ANP,whose main allegiance is to afghanistan and are known to be racist, in Karachi then you are going to see violence and ethnic tensions.

I just wish some like Mustafa Kamal can become mayor again and we get a competent government so that this nonsense can end once and for all.

I am sure if ANP is controlled in Karachi, there will be eternal peace.

Only possible solution to the violence is to make Karachi a separate province. Karachi needs to be freed from the wrath of this PPP government. Make a good guy like Mustafa Kamal the new Governor of a Karachi Province. No offence but these Sindhi jaagirdars are only using Karachi to fill up their own pockets. In this last budget Karachi was allocated 2 billion rupees, which is the same amount allocated to little places like Nawabshah and Larkana.

Those in Sindh government don't even want to acknowledge the true population of Karachi. To them the city still has 7 million people when actually it is close to 20 million.

So if population is more than double than official estimates then the resources they give to the city are bound to be very short of the requirement. And this will create friction and resentment among people.
And that's what's happening.

To save Karachi, the city needs to get out of the hold of PPP Sindh. Karachi needs to be a province.

Why city govt has no control over police & rangers ... we have don't want incompetent sindi jyalas to rule us

not a single action against ANP .. guess what if PPP do then their govt will fall

It is mainly the MQM that has been responsible for turning Karachi around, from the complete shambles it was in the 90s & making it the developed city it is today (bar its ethnic violence, which has not diminished unfortunately). Almost all Karachiites of all ethnic backgrounds support MQM over the ANP & the PPP, but people that are not from Karachi aren't aware of the realities of Karachi.

dozens of innocent people get killed when they are on bus on way back to their home .. how cruel ... :bad:

Last Year my cousin got killed in a target killings...he had nothing to do with MQM or ANP.
target killings is not just about MQM and ANP.

No law enforcing forces on ground .. Law of Jungle here ... :angry:

Rangers is keeping itself away from riots. The reason seems removal of DG Rangers on account of orders from Judge. Removal of DG Rangers is not justified.

Last Year my cousin got killed in a target killings...he had nothing to do with MQM or ANP.

yes innocent people getting killed , their families torn apart & yet this Fcuked up PPP govt do nothing ..

If you are Pasthun (your username suggest), then ANP must have claimed that their 'Karkun' has been killed by MQM.

Back
Top Bottom