What's new

Karachi: Zulfiqar Mirza's statement triggers another round of violence

Let me make it clear that my contention is with MQM and its policies only and I have nothing against any ethnicity living in Pakistan. They are all Pakistanis and that is enough for me to accept and respect them.

A tale of a Mohajir woman who MQM proudly vouches for and claims to represent. The questions is, is she the only one and an exception or there are many more like her ?

look you dont need to post that all urdu speakers join and defend MQM, a common karachite doesnt care abt politics let alone joining and vouching for MQM, i as a urdu speaker and karachite dont defend and vouch for MQM, but the way you are making villain out of a small party is bad, because not only MQM is responsible for karachi situation, the govt is more involved in it. but with people like ZM, you have now understood why many ppl in karachi are using the ethnic card and so on

if you believe that one party which esp has resigned from the cabnet, from governor ship, will be solely responsible for karachi situation, you are highly misguided my friend

if MQM is so bad, then why were the situation different in musharraf era, everybody tht time was living peacefully??

Last edited by a moderator:
look you dont need to post that all urdu speakers join and defend MQM, a common karachite doesnt care abt politics let alone joining and vouching for MQM, i as a urdu speaker and karachite dont defend and vouch for MQM, but the way you are making villain out of a small party is bad, because not only MQM is responsible for karachi situation, the govt is more involved in it. but with people like ZM, you have now understood why many ppl in karachi are using the ethnic card and so on

if you believe that one party which esp has resigned from the cabnet, from governor ship, will be solely responsible for karachi situation, you are highly misguided my friend

if MQM is so bad, then why were the situation different in musharraf era, everybody tht time was living peacefully??

That's exactly my point man that not all Urdu speakers own MQM or think that it is their savior yet it propagates and presents itself to be the Messiah of all the Urdu speakers. There are hundreds and thousands of sensible Urdu speakers who see MQM for what it is and condemn its activities. My point is that since MQM claims that it represents all the Mohajirs/Urdu speakers, it is giving the whole community a bad name. People like you need to come out, form a group and tell people that MQM does not represent you and you are safe in this country.

Its more of a turf war than a war for the rights of the people. Karachi is a gold mine and everyone ( MQM,ANP,PPP) want to make sure that they control the gold mine and set the rules of the game. In this tug of war for power, no one is willing to give in which is resulting in the deaths of countless civilians everyday. Everyone has their hands dirty in the situation of Karachi. I am not just blaming MQM but ANP and PPP as well. All three are equally responsible for the demise of the city of Karachi and while most of the people see PPP and ANP for the thugs and looters that they are, they tend to brush MQM as some saint stuck between the big bad wolves. As to your question that why things were peaceful in Musharraf's period, well back then MQM was the sole owner of the gold mine and had little or no resistance from anywhere else but now things are different. Now other parties are trying to take a piece of the pie as well and as a result, you are seeing the bloodshed. It is a typical gang war being fought to claim the best and most of the territories of the city.

look nobody even MQM wants to control karachi by gang wars, i mean whats happening now, MQM if not all urdu speakers support them, but MQM is the biggest popular party, it doesnt need to go on killing people for sake of controlling it, it already controls karachi, urdu speakers dont support MQM but there is no other party they can rely on for example that zulfy's party, or say shahi syed's party, the thing is, the PPP and ANP is playing ethnic card for so long tht even if we dont support MQM, mqm is still considered better than these parties, at least they represent karachi some how, others are saying, these bbhuka nangas occupied our lands!!

i want to support MQM but not with altaf and current leadership

look nobody even MQM wants to control karachi by gang wars, i mean whats happening now, MQM if not all urdu speakers support them, but MQM is the biggest popular party, it doesnt need to go on killing people for sake of controlling it, it already controls karachi, urdu speakers dont support MQM but there is no other party they can rely on for example that zulfy's party, or say shahi syed's party, the thing is, the PPP and ANP is playing ethnic card for so long tht even if we dont support MQM, mqm is still considered better than these parties, at least they represent karachi some how, others are saying, these bbhuka nangas occupied our lands!!

i want to support MQM but not with altaf and current leadership

You and I both live in Karachi and we know how polls are rigged here just as they are anywhere else in the country. MQM has support here but not as mighty as MQM claims or wants to make people believe. If you think that there isn't any better option, then make your own group. It is your responsibility as a patriotic Pakistani to keep searching for the solutions to Pakistan's problems.

Now about the part that MQM does not want to control Karachi by violence, I agree. It wants to keep a hold on Karachi using all means possible which includes violence. Try opposing the policies of MQM in front of a MQM worker and the next thing you will see is either the ceiling of a grave or the hospital depending on how far you went. I have been there and seen it all myself. I am not just saying all of this by listening to rumors or gossips.

You and I both live in Karachi and we know how polls are rigged her just as they are anywhere else in the country. MQM has support here but not as mighty as MQM claims or wants to make people believe. If you think that there isn't any better option, then make your own group. It is your responsibility as a patriotic Pakistani to keep searching for the solutions to Pakistan's problems.

Now about the part that MQM does not want to control Karachi by violence, I agree. It wants to keep a hold on Karachi using all means possible which includes violence. Try opposing the policies of MQM in front of a MQM worker and the next thing you will see is either the ceiling of a grave or the hospital depending on how far you went. I have been there and seen it all myself. I am not just saying all of this by listening to rumors or gossips.

Junglee Mustafa bay-Kamal.

1:05 sec threatening with their typical murder style....

the whole speech is quite funny/amusing... I dont think he realizes this....

Check out Zulfiqar Mirza's daughter:

Twitter.com/ShezrehMirza

I can see how they are related :rolleyes:

She looks like a feminine version of his father. Just check her tweets to GEO correspondent Faizan Lakhani.

She looks like a feminine version of his father. Just check her tweets to GEO correspondent Faizan Lakhani.

Lol yeah thats what lead me to her profile in the first place.

What Faizan was saying is very sensible, she on the other hand was showing her feudal mentality!

Lol yeah thats what lead me to her profile in the first place.

What Faizan was saying is very sensible, she on the other hand was showing her feudal mentality!

She stands with her father, as soon as ZM is out from picture and she grows up, she will take his place, so the feudal system continues. At least in MQM we do not have to see the sons/ daughters of Altaf Hussain, Haider Abbas Rizvi, Raza Haroon, Faisal Sabzwari etc. To become the position holder, every worker has to pass through all the phases. Cannot directly appoint the head.

I remember my dad telling, that Altaf Hussain used to do khitaab on Nipa Chorangi standing on a bench, with few people around listening to him.

A tale of a Mohajir woman who MQM proudly vouches for and claims to represent. The questions is, is she the only one and an exception or there are many more like her ?

Okay, they are very active in Karachi so the poll was rigged. What about Gilgit Elections? they were able to get votes from there, why? here are some results.

GBLA-6 Gilgit 6
Winner Wazir Baig(PPP) Votes 3571
Runner-up Kamil Jan (MQM) Votes 2240 (see the difference)

GBLA-12 Skardu 6
Winner Raja Azam Khan(MQM) Votes 9316
Runner-up Imran Nadeem (PPP) Votes 7125

How come they were able to get seat and such number of votes in the area where they have no control?

Same is with last Kashmir elections. What do you say about Poll rigging in Andaroon e Sindh and Punjab?? KK and Balochistan is not free of rigging though...

Overall party position:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/national-political-issues/38365-gilgit-baltistan-elections-4.html

Junglee Mustafa bay-Kamal.

That was pretty natural, they do worship of their leader, if someone call him Janwar and blah blah, what do you expect.

As far as mustafa kamal's threat, listen it again, he has clarified while that 'Galay bheta hua' was shouting keh mujhay dhamki day di mujhay dhamki day di...

National Zardari expresses displeasure over Mirza’s statement Updated 2 hours ago

ISLAMABAD: President Asif Ali Zardari has expressed displeasure over the statement of Dr Zulfiqar Mirza and directed him to be careful while issuing such statements, Geo News reported.

Former Sindh Home Minister Dr Zulfiqar Mirza called on President Asif Ali Zardari on Friday.

The President said, “The government and PPP will not tolerate such statement”. All the people migrated to Pakistan are Pakistani, he said and added Muhajir brothers living in Sindh, Punjab or Khyber Pakhtunkhwa are Pakistani and the sons of this soil.

Meanwhile, President Asif Ali Zardari telephoned MQM Chief Altaf Hussain and regretted on the statement of Zulfiqar Mirza. The President said the real enemy of the country are extremists and that they should be united against them.

Zardari expresses displeasure over Mirza

Zulfiqar Mirza infact proved that MQM too is a trouble maker and terrorists. Now MQM should own its liability of killing of 15 lives in karachi.

Zulfiqar Mirza did wrong and MQM did the bigger wrong.

MQM should have issued the counter statement (which infact is as per the islamic laws) or have demonstrated peacefully. Liability of innocent lives is on the shoulders of MQM.

Now Karachi is calm after claim 15 Lives. (MQM would have made it calm earlier and would have saved innocent lives)

MQM cannot deny it is not the trouble maker.

National Zardari expresses displeasure over Mirza’s statement Updated 2 hours ago

ISLAMABAD: President Asif Ali Zardari has expressed displeasure over the statement of Dr Zulfiqar Mirza and directed him to be careful while issuing such statements, Geo News reported.

Former Sindh Home Minister Dr Zulfiqar Mirza called on President Asif Ali Zardari on Friday.

The President said, “The government and PPP will not tolerate such statement”. All the people migrated to Pakistan are Pakistani, he said and added Muhajir brothers living in Sindh, Punjab or Khyber Pakhtunkhwa are Pakistani and the sons of this soil.

Meanwhile, President Asif Ali Zardari telephoned MQM Chief Altaf Hussain and regretted on the statement of Zulfiqar Mirza. The President said the real enemy of the country are extremists and that they should be united against them.

Zardari expresses displeasure over Mirza

I guess that ZARDARI is the last effective voice from Sind that support Pakistan. he snubbed every effort of separatists in sind.

Back
Top Bottom