What's new

Karachi: Zulfiqar Mirza's statement triggers another round of violence

where do these violence takes place? in PPP strong hold or MQM, ANP strong holds ?

Where PPP/ANP, PPP/MQM, MQM/ANP area are adjacent to each other. PPP / ANP people try to collect bhattas / give parchis in MQM areas, clash begins. ANP further put its ugly Red flag (sign of War) in Every Area and does wall chalking as well.

Where PPP/ANP, PPP/MQM, MQM/ANP area are adjacent to each other. PPP / ANP people try to collect bhattas / give parchis in MQM areas, clash begins. ANP further put its ugly Red flag (sign of War) in Every Area and does wall chalking as well.

they seem quite brave to enter MQM areas and ask for Bhatta... do MQM collects from its own areas or do they also try to go to other party strong holds?

wall chalking like the ones MQM did against Imran Khan, when he called Altaf a Gidhar ? it was quite true for any absconder though I guess he enjoyed more saying so, but should have respected him...

pictures of the wall chalking would be appreciated...

Everybody knew that he was drunk so Shahi Syed tried to control him, but all in vain. Even he requested media people not to ask questions relating to MQM. finally requested PPP guy to take him back. When he went, Shahi Syed said to media people 'hun aaaraam ee'....:lol:

they seem quite brave to enter MQM areas and ask for Bhatta... do MQM collects from its own areas or do they also try to go to other party strong holds?

Nobody came to me for bhatta ever in my life. Might be I am living in such an area.

Zulfiqar Mirza Apologises for statements against ALTAF

Published: July 14, 2011

Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) leader and Senior Sindh Minister Zulfiqar Mirza has apologised for his remarks against the Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM). PHOTO: EXPRESS/FILE
KARACHI: Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) leader and Senior Sindh Minister Zulfiqar Mirza apologised for his remarks against the Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) on Thursday.
In a statement released by the Sindh Ministry of Information, Mirza said that all Urdu-speaking people were his brothers and sisters and that he apologises for his statements against them.
The senior minister said that his earlier statement was his personal opinion.
He had earlier criticised the MQM and its chief Altaf Hussain and also said that the leader of a breakaway MQM faction was the “true leader of muhajirs” and accused the MQM of trying to divide Sindh.
Violence and unrest had quickly spread to different parts of Karachi and Hyderabad after Mirza’s earlier statements.
All shops and markets in Karachi, Hyderabad and other adjacent areas were closed and transport suspended.
Protestors took to the streets and torched an effigy of Mirza as a sign of protest against his statement.
Condemnations aplenty
The Awami National Party and Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz distanced themselves from Zulfiqar Mirza’s remarks, saying the statements from the PPP leader are “irresponsible”.
In a statement issued from Karachi, the ANP denounced the statement and has urged the MQM to calm its workers in Karachi.
Separately, PML-N leader Ahsan Iqbal said Zulfiqar Mirza must publically apologise for his anti-MQM remarks.
Talking to Express 24/7, Ahsan Iqbal said such statements endanger the lives of Karachiites.
He said the city has just come out of a violent cycle and tolerance is the need of the hour.

MQM has to defend its people , if you want to call their actions crimes .. so be it

well being in power for no less than 10 years, defending seems quite an unfair term. but surely you guys are stuck in a civil war, you got no choice but to keep supporting the group you belong !!

wall chalking like the ones MQM did against Imran Khan, when he called Altaf a Gidhar ? it was quite true for any absconder though I guess he enjoyed more saying so, but should have respected him...

pictures of the wall chalking would be appreciated...

I like Imran Khan just bcaz of his honesty. But the way he blames others does not suits him. He used to say falaan is corrupt, falaan is chor etc. This is not the way to handle the matters. If he has proofs then its fine, else he should talk with facts or remain silent.

well being in power for no less than 10 years, defending seems quite an unfair term. but surely you guys are stuck in a civil war, you got no choice but to keep supporting the group you belong !!

please elaborate how is it unfair ? we are in this situation for long enough , all new for the rest of Pakistan we are seeing this garbage from end of 80's will handle it on our own any way

Everybody knew that he was drunk so Shahi Syed tried to control him, but all in vain. Even he requested media people not to ask questions relating to MQM. finally requested PPP guy to take him back. When he went, Shahi Syed said to media people 'hun aaaraam ee'....:lol:

lol.....yeah I saw that... he was probably not drunk, but rather as usual out of control... :lol:

Now ^^ this SOB ZM says sorry , wtf are these people

the same type of people that call waderaas bad and sit for 3 years in alliance with them then call dictator bad and sit with musharraf then call PML N responblie for jigirdara and also for "operation" against them and sits with them!!

BUT ALTAF BHAI IS ROBIN HOOD & MQM is self defense party! should be renamed to SELF DEFENSE PARTY! SDP!

Most of the people living in Karachi does not have any affiliation with MQM but still vote for them. Like myself, we have a family with armed forces background, but still vote for MQM.

Back
Top Bottom