What's new

Karachi — welcome to Hell ...

20 million people are alive it means people eat, shop, buy gifts, eat out....that means economy will be functioning no matter what is happening around you. Karachi has a ports people will be working there no matter what. goods will be coming in and going out of the port no matter what, banks will be working to support imports and export for the entire country no matter how many death every day.
15 people a day dying in every part of the city and no area is safe. dont act like a PPP politician "arrey hum Karachi main rehtey hain aur lahore waley kehtey hain halat kharab hain, yahan to sub theek hay"

I'd like to see where you got the figure that people are dying everyday from every part of the city. It's mostly impoverished areas filled with refugees and migrants that suffer from violence.
A developed city like Chicago has dozens of shootings every day mainly in the South Side and Chicago's a city of less than 3 million. Just last Saturday a shooting in Chicago left 7 dead. Does this mean Chicago is hell?
It's Pakistan's fcked up media that loves painting not only Karachi but all of Pakistan in a bad light.

I'd like to see where you got the figure that people are dying everyday from every part of the city. It's mostly impoverished areas filled with refugees and migrants that suffer from violence.
A developed city like Chicago has dozens of shootings every day mainly in the South Side and Chicago's a city of less than 3 million. Just last Saturday a shooting in Chicago left 7 dead. Does this mean Chicago is hell?
It's Pakistan's fcked up media that loves painting not only Karachi but all of Pakistan in a bad light.

You can't blame all of this on someone else. We Pakistanis love to escape after saying "we were not responsible". If this didn't happen media would have nothing to report anyway:

By 1990, the city of Karachi was on the verge of becoming a second Beirut. The '80s had seen increasing hostility between the Muhajirs(Muslims who migrated from India to Pakistan) and the Sindhis. Around 3,000 deaths had taken place since 1985 in Karachi and the smaller industrial city of Hyderabad. All the ethnic communities of Pakistan had their ghettoes in the city -- the Punjabis, the Sindhis, the Balochs, the Pathans and the Muhajirs. No person trusted the other and violent and bloody street battles had been fought between the Muhajirs and the Sindhis. The army had to be called in and a journalist for The Guardian wrote in a report dated July 16, 1990: "For a week or more, Karachi resembled a ghost city, its citizens too scared or prudent to leave their homes. Now the streets and bazaars are busy again. But, according to the universal testimony, it is not a recovery but a lull.

I am saying this because the job of a journalist like me is to raise issues for the purpose of being solved. Not to brush them under the rug. Incidentally btw MQM was first hosted as Muhajir quami movement in 1984... these figures are for 1985-1990. Violence decreased after operation clean-up.

Karachi with a little bit of security could be a paradise. But its our voting ruining everything and no one will stop when the majority stops voting foolishly.

sir its the same in karachi like mumbai and dehli compared as rape capitals of the world

Even that is what my impression is like that...If Karachi would be bad then definitely it would have been impacted the economy of Pakistan which is not happening....And apart from that petty mafia related issues is not anti national issue rather it is the issue of law and order and Governace issue which can be addressed based on the political will and determination...

MQM, ANP, and PPP need to step down. Karachi would be much much more safer !

@sarthak Kindly delete it. It will become pi$$ing contest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom