What's new

Karachi Violence .. Updates & Discussion ..

Maybe its time to call the army in? This is getting quite grim, 20-30 people getting killed everyday!

Just out of curiosity, is there one particular ethnic group who is taking all the hits, or people on both sides are being killed?

RIP to the innocents killed.

Who will order the army ?? Govt ? but this govt is the one who is doing this in Karachi .

ANP,PPP & MQM are all in government!!! who is killing who no one has a clue anymore!!! all allies on face and back stabbing each other in karachi!!! reminds me of 90s where bodies used to bed found in bags!!! none of these people care that ramadan is going on!!! no fear of ALLAH!!! true animals!!!

Ban all parties, deweaponize the whole country. Start an operation and do not allow anyone to enter Karachi. Massive full scale operation needs to be done in Lyari, Orangi and Sohrab Goth. Reforms needs to be made in the police.
It doesn't matter which ethnic group is getting killed because in the end it's a normal citizen who suffers the most.

Oh who am I kidding nothing will be done since the biggest criminal Zardari is running the whole country.

it is not fighting due to ethnicity; it is fighting due to turf battles and the political parties view their support areas as their little fiefdoms and turfs.......and the fighting takes some ethnic element to it because of locust parties like ANP and MQM......PPP has also joined the bandwagon

if you look at the history of Karachi since 1990s, this political violence and target killings is no new phenomenon. But whereas in the past it used to be 1 or 2 people every few weeks, now its innocent people even (with no affiliation to politics) being killed everyday just for being wrong place at wrong time

as i said earlier, PPP ANP and MQM should be declared terrorist organizations; they should be treated as terrorists. Their headquarters should be raided; their activists and youth representatives should be dis-armed

in most countries, they would at least have the common sense to order curfews in those affected neighbourhoods. Not all of Karachi is affected, there are certain trouble areas where violence keeps breaking out

but again as i said, if there are people in political positions who quietly allow this crap to take place then it'll be hard to see it come to an end........but i must admit, i feel let down and disappointed by the residents of Karachi.

My question to those who were blaming MQM for few days back for getting separated for 2 AK seats and then joined after those seats were gifted back.

What is the problem now? MQM have no problem with govt. any more, as they have got the seats and local govt. system is back.

Why people are still getting killed? Now look who has the problem with govt. It is ANP and Sindh Qaum Parast parties who got screwed when the local govt. system restored.

I am surprised that people living outside karachi (few ones have never visited karachi once), were of the opinion that MQM is responsible for all the mess. It is very easy to blame anyone, please help me understanding the reasons of present killings. If you people still blame MQM then nothing can change your mindset..... hatred can't be converted into neutrality / love.

all the political parties and the hooligan arseholes (mafia-men) representing them are to blame, not just MQM

but i must admit, i feel let down and disappointed by the residents of Karachi.

Same here. I am not angry with the political goons but with the people of Karachi. They surely have disappointed me. :frown:

Thanks abu bhai, at least MQM haters need to understand that it is not ONLY the MQM who is responsible for total mess.

the unrest has reached every where , they wont slaughter them as these people are cash cows, just recently a friend & mrs were driving stopped over by armed men. They dropped the mrs home and ask her to arrange 1 mill by 10pm , if not you know what. Cut it short she arranged the ransom ... those guys called to drop the money at specific destination further released the husband its as easy as that , people are scared so they will pay up this will intensify and reach every where once the money dries up. So far people are buying their way out of trouble

good, I think they should start killing in posh areas as well, whats the benefit being killing each other in ghettos ? go get some money for what you are doing... kill some more MNAs of each other.....loot houses in posh areas, and burn the houses.... Happy Ramadan !!

Karachi police launches operation against criminals; 100 arrested

KARACHI: The city police on Friday claimed arresting over 100 suspects involved in terrorist activities and said that it had started an indiscriminate operation against terrorists, DawnNews reported.

City police chief Saud Mirza said that although fresh incidents of violence that had started from Wednesday could not be completely stopped, terming it a failure of policing would not be correct.

Police would conduct a focused operation in the affected areas and the places where the victims’ bodies were found, he added.

While reiterating that terrorists would be taken to task, Mirza expressed the hope that normalcy would soon return to the city.

Moreover, police and Rangers claimed rounding up 25 suspects involved in an armed clash that took place in the Godhra Colony of New Karachi. There were also reports of more arrests from other parts of the city.

Karachi police launches operation against criminals; 100 arrested | Metropolitan | DAWN.COM

they wait for 150, 200, 300 people to be shot dead and more widows and fatherless children to be created before they do anything

arent the Rangers still deployed all over those areas?

what an outrage....

Death toll climbs to 11 in Karachi mayhem
Updated at: 1134 PST, Friday, August 19, 2011
KARACHI: The death toll in Karachi violence has increased to eleven who were killed in firing and torture incidents since midnight while four others are injured, Geo News reported Friday. The situation in the old city area is still tense.

According to police, body of a man identified as Sagar was found from New Karachi sector 11-G area of Karachi while two more bodies were found in a gunnysack from Khamosh Colony in Gulbahar area.

Three bullet-riddled bodies were found from Bakraperi area of Lyari and Kharadar Jamatkhana in Baghdai area ahead of fast. All these victims are not yet identified who were killed after being kidnapped.

Two men were gunned down in Gulshan-e-Iqbal no.3 and 5 who were identified as Mohammad Sharif Gabool and Hosh Mohammad while Mobin Ahmed was shot dead in PIB Colony and two others sustained injuries.

In Sheerin Jinnah Colony, Anwar Khan and Shehryar Khan succumbed to injuries in hospital.

On Wednesday, 16 people lost their lives while on Thursday, 36 people were killed and their bodies were found from Lyari, Baldia Town, Shershah, Saeedabad, Pak Colony, Manghopir and other areas who were killed after being kidnapped.

According to police, a written message was also found from the gunny bags with bodies inscribed with slogans of 'Peace or war or more bodies'.

Some unknown men opened fire in Landhi Sherpao Colony and Kharadar area right before Aftaar time.

Police and Rangers conducted a combined operation after violent exchange of fire between two groups in Godhra area and arrested several people. Additional forces have also been deployed owing to tense situation in the area.

The fresh spate of violence started on Wednesday with killing of former MNA along with 15 others.

good, I think they should start killing in posh areas as well, whats the benefit being killing each other in ghettos ? go get some money for what you are doing... kill some more MNAs of each other.....loot houses in posh areas, and burn the houses.... Happy Ramadan !!

If we are wishing for an all out civil war , well looking at the present scenario so much blood is spilt that we are not million miles away

Five trussed up bodies recovered, one killed in Karachi
Updated at: 0858 PST, Wednesday, August 17, 2011
KARACHI: Five trussed up bodies were recovered from across the mega-metropolis here, apparently the victims were kidnapped and shot dead, besides one person was shot dead at Shah Faisal Colony, Geo News reported.

Police said that a body was recovered from PECHS Block 2 in the vicinity of Ferozabad Police Station and hardly after 20 minutes another body was found near Hashoo Centre, Saddar whom the accused had brought here riding on a motorcycle, just after 15 minutes the third body was found near water hydrant in Garden and after half an hour two more tortured bodies were recovered from Tariq Road area.

Police said that after lacing the hands and legs of all the five persons, they were killed by gunshots hitting at the chests, while the ropes used for lacing them were similar. The bodies of the victims were dumped in the residential areas after the murder, police said.

On the other hand, some unidentified persons shot dead one man at Shah Faisal Colony No.5

Back
Top Bottom