What's new

Karachi’s violence claims at least 10 lives

I think my friend you are trying to twist the facts here , except from last few days there has never been any attacks on medersa kids from a certain sect. Please get your facts correct first
Mate ! Its you who well known for twisting facts here, I'm not talking about just Madarsa kids ,lots of secterian killers have targeted Sunni muslims and their mosques in the name of WOT in past, but local citizens and victims of those incidents itself reveals the actual reality, your dearest political party also trying to play some victum cards so they can pressurize Government to conduct an operation in Karachi specifically in those areas where MQM is not as much popular.
unarmed innocent students are now their new target .

Why are students killed?

A cowardly act from butt-hurt terrorist just to score death tolls on some innocents.

Mate ! Its you who well known for twisting facts here, I'm not talking about just Madarsa kids ,lots of secterian killers have targeted Sunni muslims and their mosques in the name of WOT in past,

yeah right ""well known for twisting facts "" i have lowest ratings here wht are you on about ?? do you live in karachi ?? to speak like an expert ?? i do so i know more than you or any other non-reisdent expat Pakistani.

Can you please elaborate further which many attacks on sunni mosques are you referring to over here ?? a few examples will help.

Your answer is hidden in your own question, no need of any discription here.

What he meant to ask was how come there's no adequate security in your financial capital. Mumbai has become a fortress after that attack.

How come Karachi which is the most important city in Pakistan, is still left so loose?

At least five more gunned down in Karachi | DAWN.COM

KARACHI: At least five people were killed and several injured in Karachi in a fresh spate of violence on Sunday, a day after 20 people lost their lives in similar incidents in the port city, DawnNews reported.

Unidentified gunmen on motorcycles opened fire at an automobile workshop in Karachi’s Orangi Town area, killing three people – a father and his two sons – on the spot.

Another man was gunned down in the city SITE industrial area, while a a bullet-riddled body was found early Sunday from Meethadar’s Sarafa Market area.

Meanwhile, a clash between two rival armed groups left eight people wounded, including a reporter for a local television channel and an ambulance driver. The incident happened near the Edhi centre in restive Sohrab Goth area of the city.

Sunday’s bloodshed followed in the wake of one of the city’s deadliest days in the recent past, with at least 20 killed — almost half of them victims of sectarian killings — on Saturday.

The deadliest episode on Sunday occurred when six students of the ‘Madressah Ahsan-ul-Uloom’ seminary — all in their early 20s —were gunned down by at least six men in an armed attack on a roadside tea shop in Gulshan-i-Iqbal area. Among other deadly incidents, a worker of the Ahl-i-Sunnat Wal Jamaat was also gunned down in North Nazimabad.

“On the face of it, there is no other reason than tit-for-tat killing on sectarian grounds,” DIG east Shahid Hayat told Dawn on Saturday, when asked about the suspected motive behind the day’s killings. “Unless other aspect is proved, we believe there is sectarianism behind the recent killings carried out in different parts of Karachi.”

It was unclear whether Sunday’s killings were also linked to the recent wave of sectarian bloodshed.

yeah right ""well known for twisting facts "" i have lowest ratings here wht are you on about ?? do you live in karachi ?? to speak like an expert ?? i do so i know more than you or any other non-reisdent expat Pakistani.

Can you please elaborate further which many attacks on sunni mosques are you referring to over here ?? a few examples will help.
Karachi is my home-town, where-ever I go the fact remain same that I'm a karachi-ite. Is that enough? well Many incidents had happened but the worst I can share,

particular Friday’s attack on a bus of the Imamia Students Organisation (ISO) in Karachi.

All of the killings occurred in District Central, where 10 people lost their lives in overnight killings that took place in a span of two hours, while another man was killed at noon.

The first attack occurred in Gulberg locality, where motorcyclists fired on Qari Asif and Qari Shakirullah while they were sitting in their office. Both held posts in the Taqwatul Eman Masjid-o-Madrassa.

At around 1:20am, the second target were three friends: Maulana Muhammad Yahya, 32, Faizan Ilyas, 27 and Mujahid Aleem, 26. They were sitting together when unidentified culprits gunned them down near Masjid-o-Madrassa Yasinul Quran. Yahya was a teacher at Yasinul Quran seminary while Faizan was a Masjid committee member.

Twenty minutes later, a similar incident occurred near Masjid-o-Madrassa Quba, just two kilometres from Masjid-o-Madrassa Yasinul Quran. Assailants sprayed people sitting at Café Green with bullets, killing five people and injuring another. One of the men killed, Hafiz Sharjeel Ali, was associated with the Tableeghi Jamaat. All five killed were friends who lived in the same area.

Karachi unrest: 11 killed in wave of sectarian violence – The Express Tribune

Karachi is my home-town, where-ever I go the fact remain same that I'm a karachi-ite. Is that enough? well Many incidents had happened but the worst I can share,

particular Friday’s attack on a bus of the Imamia Students Organisation (ISO) in Karachi.

All of the killings occurred in District Central, where 10 people lost their lives in overnight killings that took place in a span of two hours, while another man was killed at noon.

The first attack occurred in Gulberg locality, where motorcyclists fired on Qari Asif and Qari Shakirullah while they were sitting in their office. Both held posts in the Taqwatul Eman Masjid-o-Madrassa.

At around 1:20am, the second target were three friends: Maulana Muhammad Yahya, 32, Faizan Ilyas, 27 and Mujahid Aleem, 26. They were sitting together when unidentified culprits gunned them down near Masjid-o-Madrassa Yasinul Quran. Yahya was a teacher at Yasinul Quran seminary while Faizan was a Masjid committee member.

Twenty minutes later, a similar incident occurred near Masjid-o-Madrassa Quba, just two kilometres from Masjid-o-Madrassa Yasinul Quran. Assailants sprayed people sitting at Café Green with bullets, killing five people and injuring another. One of the men killed, Hafiz Sharjeel Ali, was associated with the Tableeghi Jamaat. All five killed were friends who lived in the same area.

Karachi unrest: 11 killed in wave of sectarian violence – The Express Tribune

There is no attack on mosque mentioned in the article. Also this is a recent attack this example does not support your claim , let me remind you quote you below what you wrote::

Deoband and Barelvi , Both belongs to Sunni Hanafi thought, and Both are being targeted not alone but with their families from years in Karachi. Why to hide the Fact?

Do you see why i said you are twisting facts , Bottom line both Shias and sunnis are killed in these attacks here .. both are muslims as well as Pakistanis

82 killed in Pakistan's Karachi over last two days

By Misbah Saba Malik

ISLAMABAD, Nov. 11 (Xinhua) -- At least 30 people were killed and several others including a local journalist were injured in separate incidents of firing in Pakistan's southern port city of Karachi over the last two days, bringing the death toll to 82 over the week, local media and police said.

The recent wave of violence hit the city few days before the advent of Islamic holy month Muharram when the sectarian confrontation between the Shia and Sunni Muslims aggravates and hundreds of people are gunned down almost every year.

Fayyaz Laghari, Inspector General (IG) Sindh police said that most of the target killings in the city are based on sectarian confrontation between Shia and Sunni Muslims. He said that a third force is also hatching conspiracies to deteriorate law and order situation by airing the anti-Shia and Sunni emotions among the orthodox believers of both sects.

On Sunday, at least three people were shot dead by unidentified people on the basis of sectarian confrontation.

On Saturday night, six Sunni students were killed and five others were injured when some unknown attackers riding motorbikes opened fire at them near a seminary in the city.

According to local media reports, an estimated of 20 people were targeted in sectarian attacks during the week, but police and other law enforcement agencies failed to control the situation.

Apart from sectarian attacks, at least 12 people were killed on the basis of political and ethnic clashes.

At least seven activists of Urdu speaking political party MQM, two of Sindhi speaking party PPP and three of Pashto speaking party ANP were killed during separate incidents of violence across the city.

Four traders were also targeted in various area of the city during the week. The businessmen community of the city protested against the worsening law and order situation and demanded army to take control of Karachi.

More police and rangers force had been deployed in the affected areas but the law and order situation is still not under control in the city.

Talking to media, police chief of Karachi said that they don't have enough force to restore peace in the city. He said that about 11,000 policemen are working in over 100 police stations in the city, which are not enough to control the 20 million people in the city.

He said that in their limited resources, they are trying their best to curb lawlessness in the area.

82 killed in Pakistan's Karachi over last two days - Xinhua | English.news.cn

24 was official figure of yesterday, till now at the time of this post the figure is 18 ... i don't know how many people need to die before army decides to step in ....

There is no attack on mosque mentioned in the article. Also this is a recent attack this example does not support your claim , let me remind you quote you below what you wrote::

Do you see why i said you are twisting facts , Bottom line both Shias and sunnis are killed in these attacks here .. both are muslims as well as Pakistanis

I think you need to read it properly..
where motorcyclists fired on Qari Asif and Qari Shakirullah while they were sitting in their office. Both held posts in the Taqwatul Eman Masjid-o-Madrassa.

a similar incident occurred near Masjid-o-Madrassa Quba, just two kilometres from Masjid-o-Madrassa Yasinul Quran. Assailants sprayed people sitting at Café Green with bullets, killing five people and injuring another.

At around 1:20am, the second target were three friends: Maulana Muhammad Yahya, 32, Faizan Ilyas, 27 and Mujahid Aleem, 26. They were sitting together when unidentified culprits gunned them down near Masjid-o-Madrassa Yasinul Quran. Yahya was a teacher at Yasinul Quran seminary while Faizan was a Masjid committee member

Mosque=Masjid , Wats wrong with ya? reports clearly mentioned that peoples were targeted with respect to mosques,

Maulana Ghafoor Nadeem succumbs to injuries

ASWJ, MQM men among nine killed - thenews.com.pk

Four ASWJ men among eight killed in Karachi - thenews.com.pk

Third ASWJ man gunned down in 48 hours – The Express Tribune 2010

Two Sunni Tehreek men among four killed - thenews.com.pk

My point was and is that why don't similar reaction against sunni Killings? whole world knows that Shia are being targeted but not about sunnis.

24 was official figure of yesterday, till now at the time of this post the figure is 18 ... i don't know how many people need to die before army decides to step in ....

this is a political problem will only be solved through politics, bringing army will just increase the violence and blood shed and most of all, it would fail to solve the problem, remember the 90s??

this is a political problem will only be solved through politics, bringing army will just increase the violence and blood shed and most of all, it would fail to solve the problem, remember the 90s??

sorry but, this political solution thing has not worked at alll &, voilence is getting higher & higher day by day!
if political parties could hve done , something this voilence wouldnt be there, dont need to refer 90s, this situation is different than that if any action going to be taken it would be against terrorists, so dont be wory!

We will see in the upcoming elections , time will tell

I hope Karchiites learn who is selling their blood and fooling them and reject them in the coming elections.

Or else they have been voting for these guys in past several elections and we can see what Karachi is getting after voting for them.

Unfortunately an Army Operation is inevitable in Karachi.
My best guess is Military and Government are waiting for assemblies to dissolve. Care-taker Government might call in Military. However, I'm not sure if politicians would be on-board with that decision considering Election just around the corner. An army operation is due nonetheless.

To all those critisising one of the 3 parties of karachi, if you arent aware that the others choices are also horrible then you must be retarded

Back
Top Bottom