What's new

Karachi: Large consignment of arms captured

Police or Rangers is not efficient on their check points.

How can such amount of weapon or ammo reach inside the city in the first place.

These weapons may have been stolen (?), transported and dumped when MQM had Babar Ghori as Shipping whatever Minister, Dr. Asim was running the ambulance business at that time, and rangers had no powers.

This is tip of iceberg. If Ranger dig Karachi they will find more weapons.

We all know how India has been financing and arming Altaf Hussain's MQM. Trying to create another Mukti Bahini.

Very good action by LEAs!

Oh man, just look at the amount and type of these weapons!

Such a comment coming from a think tank equivalent status is disappointing.

Karachi is already divided into six districts for management issues. There are 114 police stations in all 6 districts.

The other different branches are:
FIA,
Special Branch,
Operations branch,
Investigations branch,
Anti extremist cell,
Sindh Reserve Police
and Counter Terrorism Department.

The SSU is a different branch.
Traffic police department is also separate.
ANF or Anti Narcotics force is also a separate department.

To complement Sindh Police, the whole contingent of Sindh Rangers is deployed along with police. Infact Sindh police is hardly seen alone in any operations, Rangers are always with them.

There is a branch of CMI (ISI) dedicated in combating crimes in Karachi especially towards car lifting, car theft, car snatching etc because such vehicles are then used in anti-state activities, which makes it difficult to track afterwards.

I know of the NATO container tracking project completed by NLC in 2007 in Sindh, Balochistan and KPK from Karachi ports to the borders of Chaman and Torkham all along the highways.

Mate, all the measures are in place.

If the establishment accepts your reason of "hundreds of paths entering into the city" and cannot monitor and manage different routes entering Karachi with the all the strength and departments mentioned above, then the establishment has failed and the security management of Karachi should be privatised.
FIA and all of the departments of Sindh Police(or any police dept for that matter) are useless, that was exposed by a tv channel where they were able to smuggle Irani oil from Balochistan to Karachi by bribing officials high above. Only organization active is Sindh Rangers, and they too are stretched thin, they have to monitor activities inside the city as well its entrances. Dividing it into districts does nothing.

We all know how India has been financing and arming Altaf Hussain's MQM. Trying to create another Mukti Bahini.

Very good action by LEAs!

Oh man, just look at the amount and type of these weapons!

May be they were planning rampage in Khi

This is certainly not NATO stuff.

Had there been NV, TI or other imaging devices, M4s or M16s, bolt action / semi-auto rifles used by US forces (308 or 50BMG), I would have understood NATO connection,, but these are 7mm rifles, russian and chinese AKs, rusty anti aircraft guns, RPGs and ammo..... how can this be connected to NATO stuff?

The media is uneducated and ill-informed.

This is certainly not NATO stuff.

Had there been NV, TI or other imaging devices, M4s or M16s, bolt action / semi-auto rifles used by US forces (308 or 50BMG), I would have understood NATO connection,, but these are 7mm rifles, russian and chinese AKs, rusty anti aircraft guns, RPGs and ammo..... how can this be connected to NATO stuff?

The media is uneducated and ill-informed.

Media and sec forces unearthed a big sazish by OTAN .. !

What u said is logic and any of these chadi tajziakars could have noticed this easily however i think sensation sells !

Karachi is still like a powder keg. Living in Karachi I know it needs alot of deweaponisation.

Back
Top Bottom