What's new

Karachi: Large consignment of arms captured

someone MQMers claim it's impossible to find 2 trucks of weapon in a 120 yards house tank.
Logic please ?

You know what? I am myself from karachi, belonging to an Urdu speaking family.. I was born in karachi and always lived here only.. My grandfather migrated from India, so u can call us, "Muhajir" too, if u want... What i want to tell, is tht we have all the ingredients for being MQM supporters.. So it was not like, tht what i was saying was out of the blue and dont know abt MQM...
My father and grand father gave votes to MQM, ONLY in the first elections...i think. 1985 or something.. I dont exactly remember... After tht..they never gave them vote.. WHY? Because we had come to realise the menace they had become.. MQM introduced the culture of bhatta khori and bori band laashein and what not.. On the whole, Pakistan suffered from terrorism, after 2000 on a big scale... BUT, we the citizens of karachi, have suffered from this, since 80s, after birth of MQM... There were regular strikes in our school days... Even i still remember, one of my exams in University, of economics..we couldnt properly study..because strike was announced and we didnt even know whether exam will be conducted or not?
The culture of militancy is deeprooted in MQM... Ofcourse Altaf hussain has been in london since 92, so he was not personally coming to karachi to collect all teh weaponry in karachi.. Obv he had a full support system of militancy in karachi..yes..the same karkun of MQM, who are now in MQM Pakistan.. I say, once a terrorist, always a terrorist..

They have been rigging elections through big time rigging... How many incidents ..do i have to quote? Even after baqra eid...they used to come for qurbani ki khaalein..
But at the same time, i dont say tht there is no support for MQM in karachi.. THERE is... But its only due to ethnic reasons..ke agar yeh bhi na honge tu humaray liye kon bolay ga? I always say to them..what have they achieved for us, in. These 30 years except giving a bad name to our community? Except introducing bhatta khori and target killing? But those people are few..

I also dont say tht other parties dont have militant wings in karachi.. MQM, PPP and ANP in karachi particularly, all have militant wings... But they resorted to militancy AFTER MQM... MQM had introduced the culture of militancy.. Before mqm i think militancy was confined to militant clashes in some edi institutes of student org..thry used to fight each other.. But the organized mayhem and militant culture on a city wide lecel, has been brought by MQM only.. They have literally ruined Karachi over the past 30 years, and i cant wait for the day when the menace of MQM will be completely eliminated from my city.. InshaAllah

Unlike you, I am neutral and don't like any political parties. The culture of weapons was brought to Karachi first by Jamaat Islami, and then by People's party. MQM was a protest party that justified all its violence and killing through ethnic politics and ruined Karachi. MQM has a lot of sins as you mention, and I often wonder if they are even forgivable. Unfortunately, they still have elected members of the assembly and have the people's mandate. If there are fair and free elections and they don't come to power, then its another story. They may have to clean up their act, or be lost in history books forever.

However, I respect your feelings and opinion and you have all the right to feel this way. I would have felt and stated a lot more if i were in your situation.

someone MQMers claim it's impossible to find 2 trucks of weapon in a 120 yards house tank.
Logic please ?

It was stored and stacked nicely in a purpose built water tank. the cubic meter space is there.

Unlike you, I am neutral and don't like any political parties. The culture of weapons was brought to Karachi first by Jamaat Islami, and then by People's party. MQM was a protest party that justified all its violence and killing through ethnic politics and ruined Karachi. MQM has a lot of sins as you mention, and I often wonder if they are even forgivable. Unfortunately, they still have elected members of the assembly and have the people's mandate. If there are fair and free elections and they don't come to power, then its another story. They may have to clean up their act, or be lost in history books forever.

However, I respect your feelings and opinion and you have all the right to feel this way. I would have felt and stated a lot more if i were in your situation.

It was stored and stacked nicely in a purpose built water tank. the cubic meter space is there.
isnt it ironic that these things happened right under nose of our armed forces

Yes.. its really unfortunate.. esp during Musharraf era...tht our establishment supported MQM.. infact diff establishments hav adopted diff policies with regards to MQM..which just added to our woes. In 1992, there was operation against MQM.. and even then there were claims of Jinnahpur.. Why didn't our establishment , take tht threat seriously at tht time? If our establishment had assertively reacted to RAW connections..then the story might have been different today... but the job was left incomplete.. today RAW connection of MQM is not a secret anymore... everyone knows abt it.. MQM, which is MQM Pakistan today had been supporting Altaf hussain all these years, and even till today haven't spoken a word abt RAW connections.. did Altaf make anti Pakistan speech, for the first time on 22th Aug, this year? NO... after 22nd aug, they only disassociated from Altaf hussain, due to fear for their life, from Rangers.. otherwise , had they even an iota of patriotism in them, they would have spoken abt it before...
Job left incomplete in 92, and 95, and then later Musharraf supporting MQM....its the reason today I want job to be completed by Gen Raheel Sharif..not left middleway..I cannot even think...tht what if MQM is again allowed to regroup after current operation too, like earlier times?
I am myself double minded abt Mustafa Kamal..but atleast he has the guts to openly speak abt Altaf RAW connection, which Farooq Sattar still doesn't have.. also I have a soft corner for Mustafa Kamal, like many others, who during Mush era, being from MQM did tremendous work from Karachi.. so during mush era too, while I despised MQM as a whole, I liked Mustafa Kamal.. but still, I still have reservations for Mustafa Kamal too, tht why did he disassociate from MQM, after such long time? why not, when for the first time, he came to know abt RAW connections? thts the reason, I am still double minded abt Mustafa Kamal too..
Also, I in no way, support ANY political party.. infact I hate all.. esp PPP, ANP..all... the reason I am a bit more bitter abt MQM is tht they have given a bad name to our community directly
@Bilal Khan 777

very unfortunate because armed forces misunderstand their role and think they are only meant to defend the borders
whereas they should be policing the streets fixing the gutters, collecting bills and taxes and wiping your mouths after you done your breakfast

Happened right under the nose of bureaucracy, civil elected or selected governments, administrations, law enforcement, but they seem to be all above board and armed forces seem to be responsible only?

Happened right under the nose of bureaucracy, civil elected or selected governments, administrations, law enforcement, but they seem to be all above board and armed forces seem to be responsible only?
sir i meant to say specifically about musharraf time.

When India can do surgical strike without doing one then Sindh police is capable of anything. Thanks God Tejas and Arjun's proto type were not found.

When India can do surgical strike without doing one then Sindh police is capable of anything. Thanks God Tejas and Arjun's proto type were not found.

If this amount of weapons were brought into the narrow streets of Azizzabad (it took four trucks to extract), it would have already been in the news, twitter, and raved about. Call a spade a spade. MQM stored large caches of ammunitions across the city for a potential secession attempt. Most of these now need to be neutralized, along with other parties and their weapons.

Yes.. its really unfortunate.. esp during Musharraf era...tht our establishment supported MQM.. infact diff establishments hav adopted diff policies with regards to MQM..which just added to our woes. In 1992, there was operation against MQM.. and even then there were claims of Jinnahpur.. Why didn't our establishment , take tht threat seriously at tht time? If our establishment had assertively reacted to RAW connections..then the story might have been different today... but the job was left incomplete.. today RAW connection of MQM is not a secret anymore... everyone knows abt it.. MQM, which is MQM Pakistan today had been supporting Altaf hussain all these years, and even till today haven't spoken a word abt RAW connections.. did Altaf make anti Pakistan speech, for the first time on 22th Aug, this year? NO... after 22nd aug, they only disassociated from Altaf hussain, due to fear for their life, from Rangers.. otherwise , had they even an iota of patriotism in them, they would have spoken abt it before...
Job left incomplete in 92, and 95, and then later Musharraf supporting MQM....its the reason today I want job to be completed by Gen Raheel Sharif..not left middleway..I cannot even think...tht what if MQM is again allowed to regroup after current operation too, like earlier times?
I am myself double minded abt Mustafa Kamal..but atleast he has the guts to openly speak abt Altaf RAW connection, which Farooq Sattar still doesn't have.. also I have a soft corner for Mustafa Kamal, like many others, who during Mush era, being from MQM did tremendous work from Karachi.. so during mush era too, while I despised MQM as a whole, I liked Mustafa Kamal.. but still, I still have reservations for Mustafa Kamal too, tht why did he disassociate from MQM, after such long time? why not, when for the first time, he came to know abt RAW connections? thts the reason, I am still double minded abt Mustafa Kamal too..
Also, I in no way, support ANY political party.. infact I hate all.. esp PPP, ANP..all... the reason I am a bit more bitter abt MQM is tht they have given a bad name to our community directly
@Bilal Khan 777

The issue of haves and have nots in Karachi is much older, and goes back to well before your time. MQM is guilty, but there are a lot of other traitors in the land of Quaid. What i recommend to you is not be bitter, but use your vote wisely in the next election, and educate the people around you.

If this amount of weapons were brought into the narrow streets of Azizzabad (it took four trucks to extract), it would have already been in the news, twitter, and raved about. The issue of haves and have nots in Karachi is much older, and goes back to well before your time. MQM is guilty, but there are a lot of other traitors in the land of Quaid. What i recommend to you is not be bitter, but use your vote wisely in the next election, and educate the people around you.

Be sure, i wont be voting for any party at all.. Because i consider no party worthy of my vote.. I hope the situation changes in the future..but as the current situation is... I dont think any party deserves it

most of the weapons and all bullet proof jackets are indian. the indian weapons recovered are those in use of indian special forces. they want a civil war in karachi.

How can such amount of weapon or ammo reach inside the city in the first place. No one will take responsibility.
I have been wondering about this point myself. What happened to police and our agencies..?

Be sure, i wont be voting for any party at all.. Because i consider no party worthy of my vote.. I hope the situation changes in the future..but as the current situation is... I dont think any party deserves it
I would say try PTI

MQM is most likely the owner of these weapons. I think each time rangers/army finds these caches of weaponry they should reveal which party.

Karachi situation has improved but I'm still worried about Quetta and Peshawar. In Peshawar a doctor was killed and in Quetta 4 hazara women were killed. Thank Zia for creating the menace of LeJ and MQM.
Zia was the devil, the satan etc etc but what about our beloved Mushy....who revived and rejuvenated MQM when it was on the death bed?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom