What's new

Karachi Airport Under Terrorist Attack

No sir, @RescueRanger sir will back me up, but these guys get all sort of training, and instructors are well trained themselves, tgey have done allot of courses from fbi, dea to dhs.... What they lack is the confident and courage
And money. You have to admit, Pakistan's police force is grossly underpaid, which is the main reason for the large amount of corruption.

SSU and police commandos are trained well, but let's be honest, I think the political leadership was afraid that they wouldn't be able to handle the situation, and the military wanted to show that they won't tolerate another Mehran. The decision was probably made keeping in mind the public perception.

I don't think its about political leadership or any leadership. These situations have protocols, specially in Pakistan's case as there have been many incidents that have happened. Even in the US, the local police or the first responders get to the area and contain the situation while the SWAT team (Special Weapons And Tactics) arrives. Once SWAT or other specialize teams arrive, they take over the situation and clean up the mess if you will as these teams are specialized for such roles.
Similarly, in Pakistan's case, they called in a couple of teams first and I am assuming the Special Services were called in as a backup as they got in at the end when majority of terrorists were already dead. This was just a protocol to ensure public safety and a faster cleanup IMO.
RIP to brave dead soldiers. 5 hours from attack to elimination of terrorists on a huge international airport with many buildings, places to hide, planes, etc, etc.......Not Bad at all !! The lessons learned from Mehran, the ATF training that the US has provided and the protocols and training exercises that have been conducted show how effective these special teams can be. In cases around the world, it may take a day or so to finally take out all hidden terrorists.

rambo.jpg

One guy was taken into custody, so that won't take too long

no one was taken into custody as per my information all were killed. ISPR said all are dead. Who said one was captured?

Not defending Taliban, they must be snet to hell but this attack has finger prints of a non-Taliban group. These were well trained to hold an area for long. Taliban dont do such attacks.

Pakistan must realize this is fourth or fifth attack of the same type. If its the case, it must raise its voice diplomatically and publicly against the sponsors of such people. They are well trained. Not some rag tag group showing its 'anger'.

what else our COAS do ? our PM is doing his best to suck modi toes :hitwall:

And money. You have to admit, Pakistan's police force is grossly underpaid, which is the main reason for the large amount of corruption.
We are talking about SSU and Elie police and CTD too, not regular Pulce

All 10 that were holed up are dead, 1 in custody.

The one in custody is a suspected terrorist- arrested early on suspicion-
Its not we apprehended him during a gun fight-
I dont believe he lost his way and got captured- while others succeeded in infiltrating-

no one was taken into custody as per my information all were killed. ISPR said all are dead. Who said one was captured?
Go back in the thread, there was a guy taken into custody within an hour into the operation. ISPR said all 10 "holed up" were killed.

I could be wrong, so take my words with a pinch of salt.

We are talking about SSU and Elie police and CTD too, not regular Pulce
Those units are still law enforcement. There was a documentary a while ago by Al-Jazeera that explained this, I'll have to find it to show you.

Back
Top Bottom